Do You Talk To Yourself?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
My husband does it all the time.

I do it occasionally, like if I mess up on something I'll say what an idiot I am out loud
Or tell my pots/pans to be quiet when I'm fumbling around with them

I do when I read your posts

9ac.jpg

I heard somewhere that about 90% of the time you are talking to yourself its negative. People that intentionally talk to the themselves bring that percentage down a lot and even more over time as they train themselves to not talk negatively to themselves.

Consistently.

The other day I was heard in the bathroom saying, " I wish the nazis had have won the war".

I'm still living with that little doozy.

as long as you are not saying redrum over and over....

Hmm, do I talk to myself?

Only when I want an honest answer

View attachment 65574

I'm sorry - I'm so stream of consciousness!

I just started a print job, but, didn't put the cable in my lap top, and I said, out loud (with no one home) - "Stupid Idiot" ...
So I posted it on here....

I never said I was normal....
Thats pretty normal. Most people are trained to use negative self talk from childhood.

My grandfather used to say that talking to yourself is a sign you've got money in the bank.

View attachment 65574

I just started a print job, but, didn't put the cable in my lap top, and I said, out loud (with no one home) - "Stupid Idiot" ...

Thats pretty normal. Most people are trained to use negative self talk from childhood.

I wonder why only negative.
I never say "I rule" - well only when I get the final answer in Jeopardy and no one else does... ;)

View attachment 65574

I wonder why only negative.
I never say "I rule" - well only when I get the final answer in Jeopardy and no one else does... ;)
Conditioned response. Most of what you hear about yourself is negative from other people. If you do right no one says much but if you do wrong multiple people will let you know about it. I read somewhere you hear the word "no" or "dont" about 4 times more than you hear the word "yes" thousands of times before you can even talk. Some of that cant be avoided for safety reasons but I made an effort to praise my kids for everything they did right no matter how expected it was and even made up situations so they could succeed.

My husband does it all the time.

I do it occasionally, like if I mess up on something I'll say what an idiot I am out loud
Or tell my pots/pans to be quiet when I'm fumbling around with them

No...there are so many voices in my head talking to each other I can't get a word in edgewise.....

Forum List

Back