Are you a Christian or a Follower of Christ?

One I'm sure you're hopelessly ignorant of.

If it bases itself on an abomination, then its own problems simply compound the matter. Without the torah, Islam and Christianity fall apart

It implies that tey are and are not. Different aspect of the same being or some shit, if I recall
How is that implied? Again, that was an invention of the Council of Nicea.[/QUOTE]
Plurality in the godhead, not plural gods

it is also not supposed to be said except by priests

That's not the teaching of the Torah.That was a practice the jews adapted which grew out of 'do not take the lord's name in vain'. To make sure the dudn't, they never said it- seeming to miss the point of the commandment

Elohim is not a name, but simply a plural form of 'god', according to every source I've every read
Also, Lilith only appears once in the Torah proper, and not by name. Many consider the Talmuds and the Midrash, existing outside of the Torah, to be simply the words of man and not of god

Tell ya what......go to the Universal Torah Network on the web, and listen to the 6 programs about the Sons of Noah.

Then........look at the programs concerning the Name of God.

Elohim by the way, means "God of many powers".

If it bases itself on an abomination, then its own problems simply compound the matter. Without the torah, Islam and Christianity fall apart
The Torah is unessential to Islam. The Qur'an is a book unto itself if there ever was one.

The Torah is unessential to Islam. The Qur'an is a book unto itself if there ever was one.

Not so. The Quran assumes the validity of the Torah and the near-truth of the NT. Muhammed claimed to be the next prophet of the god of abraham and, like jesus, cites the Torah as that which provides the authority for his teachings

Not so. The Quran assumes the validity of the Torah and the near-truth of the NT.
Wrong. The Qur'an explicitly describes the distortion of both documents in the hands of men and their consequent unfitness as reliable sources of spiritual guidance. Religious texts and doctrines outside of the Qur'an and Islam are peripheral. I suggest you read the Qur'an and understand it before making claims as to what it does and does not say.

Muhammed claimed to be the next prophet of the god of abraham and, like jesus, cites the Torah as that which provides the authority for his teachings
Incorrect. The authority of his prophethood was derived from his comprehension of the divine; not from the Torah, the Gospels, or any other such text.

Not so. The Quran assumes the validity of the Torah and the near-truth of the NT.
Wrong. The Qur'an explicitly describes the distortion of both documents in the hands of men and their consequent unfitness as reliable sources of spiritual guidance. Religious texts and doctrines outside of the Qur'an and Islam are peripheral. I suggest you read the Qur'an and understand it before making claims as to what it does and does not say.

Muhammed claimed to be the next prophet of the god of abraham and, like jesus, cites the Torah as that which provides the authority for his teachings
Incorrect. The authority of his prophethood was derived from his comprehension of the divine; not from the Torah, the Gospels, or any other such text.

How do Muslims explain the intertestamental period suddenly ending at the very odd 630AD when Prophet Mohammad made his absurd claims?

With Jesus Christ the Intertestamental period ends after an interlude of about 400 years, which is consistent with the symmetry of Hebraic events. 400 years from Moses to the Temple, 400 years from the Temple to the Babylonian Capitivity, 400 years from the Captivity (and intertestamental period) to Christ.

Since that Captivity there have been NO PROPHETS.

Except those prophesying Christ and His arrival. Why would God wait, in this wisdom, 400 years, 400 years, and then 1,000 years?

That doesn't make any sense.

Not to say the 400 years have any "reason" to it, but at least they are symmetrical.

How do Muslims explain the intertestamental period suddenly ending at the very odd 630AD when Prophet Mohammad made his absurd claims?

With Jesus Christ the Intertestamental period ends after an interlude of about 400 years, which is consistent with the symmetry of Hebraic events. 400 years from Moses to the Temple, 400 years from the Temple to the Babylonian Capitivity, 400 years from the Captivity (and intertestamental period) to Christ.

Except those prophesying Christ and His arrival. Why would God wait, in this wisdom, 400 years, 400 years, and then 1,000 years?

Not to say the 400 years have any "reason" to it, but at least they are symmetrical.

and when was the last 400 years in the Christian calendar?

Kalam, did you guys wipe your ass with the pages of the koran before we invented toilet paper for you?

Interestingly enough, Yeshua (Jesus) told His disciples that "the one to follow Me is a false prophet", just before He left.

600 some odd years later......mohammed.

Nope......personal opinion? When Hagar and Ishmael got kicked out of the tribe of Abraham because Hagar wanted Ishmael rather than Issac to get the birthright, she ripped off quite a few practices of the Jews, which would explain the similarities of their religion.

However.......islam worships death and lies (because it is permissible for a muslim to lie to a non-muslim), and because of that, it is a false religion.

BTW......as further proof that mohammed was a false prophet? Yeshua rose from the dead, mohammed didn't.

I had to chime in on this one. I dont really know what to think of Mohammad, personally. Im not sure enough reliable information exists about him.

However, there are major problems with what your stating.

First, you state there have been no prophets since captivity. That's blatantly untrue. There were several prophets after the captivity. Malachi for example. The New testament mentions several prophets in the days of the Apostles.

In deed, how can you deny the existance of prophets when a testimony of Christ is the very Spirit of prophecy. And when the scriptures clearly foretell the coming of prophets in the last day before His coming?

Do not deny the gifts of God.

Second, there is no reason to believe that your requirements of "symmetry" matter the least to God. Why are you limiting what He can do? He has not changed. He is still a God of miracles. He still speaks to His servants. Why would you imagine yourself up a God who decides to reveal truth to our forefathers but would ignore His children nowadays?

God hasnt changed. Man has changed at times though. God has promised to do a great work before Christ comes again. His timing is His own to keep. He can speak to the human family when He chooses.

As I said, I dont know where Mohammad falls in all this. But I can tell you that you are keeping yourself back if you put these stakes up and tell God He can proceed no further than you are comfortable with. And that you are keeping yourself back if you deny the gifts of God.

BTW......as further proof that mohammed was a false prophet? Yeshua rose from the dead, mohammed didn't.

Not sure that argument makes much sense. I mean its true that Christ rose from the dead and Mohammad didnt.

However, Christ was the Son of God. He was the Messiah.

There were many true prophets that came before him that didnt rise from the dead.

Not to mention the fact that because of Christ, everyone will rise from the dead. Including Mohammad someday. So does that mean he's a true prophet then? it just doesnt follow.

is it jst me, or does HJ look kinda like a troll?

90% of this MB is trolling by thier definition. Even the admin trolls regularly. Its a free for all clusterfuck of hard held idioligy and religion. HomoJesus is a fine logon name. Asks no quarter and gives none. Better than all this post hero bullshit that runs rampant around here.

Forum List

Back