Are We A Nation Of Moochers?...

Hell yes we are a nation of moochers.

The American attitude, right or left, can be summed up thusly: Gimme that, and make that other guy over there pay for it.

Are we approaching a tipping point? In many ways we are, yes.

For example, the retirement age. The ratio of working to retired people has been steadily shrinking. That is because Americans are living longer but aren't working longer. When Social Security was created the average life expectancy was 60 and only 6 percent of the US population was over 65.

When Medicare was enacted, life expectancy was 70.

Today, life expectancy is 78 and 12 percent of our population is over 65.

You think the poor are a whiny bunch of freeloading bitches? Just talk about raising the retirement age and you will find out who the real moochers are. You will hear such wailing and gnashing of teeth from older fat white people that you will damn near go deaf.

Good thing Americans are getting fatter. The fat ones die off sooner, lowering life expectancy in the US. Now we just need to eliminate cardiac bypass surgery and pacemakers for anyone more than 30 percent body fat from Medicare and we will save trillions.

Last edited:

The American attitude, right or left, can be summed up thusly: Gimme that, and make that other guy over there pay for it.

For example, the retirement age. The ratio of working to retired people has been steadily shrinking. That is because Americans are living longer but aren't working longer. When Social Security was created the average life expectancy was 60 and only 6 percent of the US population was over 65.

You think the poor are a whiny bunch of freeloading bitches? Just talk about raising the retirement age and you will find out who the real moochers are. You will hear such wailing and gnashing of teeth from older fat white people that you will damn near go deaf.

Good thing Americans are getting fatter. They die off sooner, lowering life expectancy in the US.

'older fat white people?' You've now rendered yourself a useless piece of shit. Your opinion means nothing at this point. You're a miserable dumb racist asshole. So kindly piss off bitch. :)

Good thing Americans are getting fatter. They die off sooner, lowering life expectancy in the US.

'older fat white people?' You've now rendered yourself a useless piece of shit. Your opinion means nothing at this point. You're a miserable dumb racist asshole. So kindly piss off bitch. :)

It's okay to talk about cutting off other people, but ohhhhhh, strike a little closer to home and suddenly it's okay to be a moocher, amiright? Gotta protect your own entitlement turf!

Last edited:

It's okay to talk about cutting off other people, but ohhhhhh, strike a little closer to home and suddenly it's okay to be a moocher, amiright? Gotta protect your own entitlement turf!

Did i stutter? You're a miserable dumb racist asshole. You're a useless piece of shit. So your opinions mean nothing. Now, piss off bitch.

Think about it.

You go to work at 18, retire at 65, die at 78.

That means work for 47 years, suck on the government tit for 13.

Now try going to work at 18, retire at 70, die at 78.

That means you work for 52 years, and suck on the tit for 8.

That is five more years you are paying into the national treasury, and five less you are taking out.

HUGE savings!

Did i stutter? You're a miserable dumb racist asshole. You're a useless piece of shit. So your opinions mean nothing. Now, piss off bitch.

Sorry to make your butt hurt. But sometimes that is what it takes to wake people up.

It's okay to insult black moochers all the live long day. But insulting fat white people who make up the majority of moochers is just going too far!!!! :lol::lol:

Think about it.

That is five more years you are paying into the national treasury, and five less you are taking out.

HUGE savings!

STFU Pissant! You already blew it. When you utter something as stupid as 'older white fat people', your time is up with me. Your opinions are moot points because you're a fucking moronic racist asshole. Now, kindly STFU and GTFO this thread.

Are we a nation of moochers? Yep...

Remember the lady who said she didn't have to even put gas in her tank anymore?

Another disappointed Barry voter...

But she'll vote for him again. Bet on that. :cuckoo:

See? No problem talking about the black lady! You actually commisserate with such examples.

But talk about fat white moochers...OH NOES! EVIL!

Sorry to make your butt hurt. But sometimes that is what it takes to wake people up.

It's okay to insult black moochers all the live long day. But insulting fat white people who make up the majority of moochers is just going too far!!!! :lol::lol:

Except no one did that dummy. You're the only dumb racist asshole here. So seriously, STFU and go away.

Think about it.

HUGE savings!

STFU Pissant! You already blew it. When you utter something as stupid as 'older white fat people', your time is up with me. Your opinions are moot points because you're a fucking moronic racist asshole. Now, kindly STFU and GTFO this thread.

I am having way too much fun enjoying pushing your hypocritical hot buttons to leave now!

Facts are facts. Americans are living longer and not working longer. Most Americans are white. Therefore, most of the moochers who are living longer and not working longer are white.

Sorry to make your butt hurt with these facts.

Look at you scream! Exactly as I said. If you want to see some serious whining, just point out these uncomfortable facts of old white people sucking on the government tit for longer and longer periods of time.

What was it I said? "Gimme that, and make that guy over there pay for it!"

Yeah. Thank you for underlining my point.

See? No problem talking about the black lady! You actually commisserate with such examples.

No one talked about her race but you dummy. But you can't comprehend that huh? You know why you can't? Because you truly are an ignorant fucking piece of shit. So just leave this thread before you dig an even deeper hole for yourself. FUCK OFF!

Last edited:

Except no one did that dummy.

BZZZZ! Oh yes you did!

Think about it.

HUGE savings!

I am having way too much fun enjoying pushing your hypocritical hot buttons to leave now!

Facts are facts. Americans are living longer and not working longer. Most Americans are white. Therefore, most of the moochers who are living longer and not working longer are white.

Sorry to make your butt hurt with these facts.

Look at you scream! Exactly as I said. If you want to see some serious whining, just point out these uncomfortable facts of old white people sucking on the government tit for longer and longer periods of time.

What was it I said? "Gimme that, and make that guy over there pay for it!"

Yeah. Thank you for underlining my point.

Yeah you sure do like butt-talk. Is that you Larry Sinclair?

Except no one did that dummy.

BZZZZ! Oh yes you did!

Whatever, racist dummy. You're the only one here who mentioned race. Come back when you grow up and are better educated. Because right now you're just making a fool of yourself. So like i said, FUCK OFF!! :)

No one talked about her race but you dummy.

Of course. Your kind is very careful about using the words, but you know everyone understands exactly what you are talking about.

That's why I enjoy throwing it back in your face. You want people to get the subtext and it pisses you off when it is brought to the fore and exposed.

So, yeah. When people talk about the "CRA", I make it a special point to talk about the "negroes" who they think cause the global credit crisis.

When people talk about "the lady" and her tank of gas and "Barry", it pisses you off when the patina of propriety is wiped off.

I get it. I totally get it. I've been around people like you all my life. They think when there are no negroes around it is okay to spout their misguided racist ideas and jokes just because everyone in the room is white. When I am there, they quickly learn the stupidity of such an assumption.

Make fun of the ignorant mooching black lady and her free gas. Of course that is the first example that springs to mind for some people. It's hardwired in.

But I think if we are going to be talking about mooching, we need to get down to serious business and look at where the super duty mooching is going on.

And that is the retirement age.

And since it is common for people who talk about the CRA and the gas tank lady to talk about welfare queens and other such jigaboos and porch monkeys that flit into their heads, and how we need to throw them into the deep end of the capitalist pool and them sink or swim, it just seemed like good fun to talk about throwing everyone into that same pool. I am far from racist. I am all inclusive. Old, young, black, white, thin, fat. Let's see who is sucking the most from the government tit. And right now, it looks like older and fatter white people. Simple demographics.

Last edited:
Come back when you grow up and are better educated.

Four pages in, and I am the only poster who has used actual facts and figures up to this point, and proposed an actual solution to the problem. Your posts, and everyone else's posts, have been nothing but partisan rhetoric. Just non-stop bitching without a single workable solution based on sound reasoning proposed.

You are one non-stop whine maker with no depth.

You are mooching oxygen which would be better served burning fossil fuels to heat my home.

Last edited:

No one talked about her race but you dummy.

Of course. Your kind is very careful about using the words, but you know everyone understands exactly what you are talking about.

That's why I enjoy throwing it back in your face. You want people to get the subtext and it pisses you off when it is brought to the fore and exposed.

So, yeah. When people talk about the "CRA", I make it a special point to talk about the "negroes" who they think cause the global credit crisis.

When people talk about "the lady" and her tank of gas and "Barry", it pisses you off when the patina of propriety is wiped off.

I get it. I totally get it. I've been around people like you all my life. They think when there are no negroes around it is okay to spout their misguided racist ideas and jokes just because everyone in the room is white. When I am there, they quickly learn the stupidity of such an assumption.

Make fun of the ignorant mooching black lady and her free gas. Of course that is the first example that springs to mind for some people. It's hardwired in.

But I think if we are going to be talking about mooching, we need to get down to serious business and look at where the super duty mooching is going on.

And that is the retirement age.

And since it is common for people who talk about the CRA and the gas tank lady to talk about welfare queens and other such jigaboos and porch monkeys that flit into their heads, and how we need to throw them into the deep end of the capitalist pool and them sink or swim, it just seemed like good fun to talk about throwing everyone into that same pool. I am far from racist. I am all inclusive. Old, young, black, white, thin, fat. Let's see who is sucking the most from the government tit. And right now, it looks like older and fatter white people. Simple demographics.

Seriously dummy, you blew it. When you utter something as stupid as 'older white fat people', you just give yourself away as being an ignorant racist asshole. So who the fuck cares what your opinions are? You're worthless. You've been dismissed. Now piss off you little wanker. :)

Gov. Christie says U.S. should raise Social Security retirement age | NJ.com

Before a room full of national media and fiscal policy experts, Christie compared his fight to overhaul pension and health care benefits for state employees with a need to reform entitlement programs run by the federal government.

"Pension and benefits are the equivalent of entitlements at the national level," Christie said.

Christie said the retirement age of Social Security needs to be raised and Medicaid drastically overhauled, adding that politicians have been fearful of going after the "third rail of politics" for years.

Spending on Social Security totaled $708 billion, or 20 percent, of the $3.6 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010, according to the budget and policy center. Medicare, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program combined accounted for another $753 billion, or 21 percent, of the spending plan, according to an April report from the group.

Interesting article from John Nolte.

Charles Sykes Makes the Case That We Are a ‘Nation of Moochers’

Charles Sykes is a longtime Milwaukee talk-radio host and the prolific author of a number of books that helped to shape my personal political worldview, including 1988’s eye-opening “Profscam,” and 1993’s “A Nation of Victims,’ two works as timely today as they were decades ago.

“A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing” (St. Martin’s Press) was just released, and the fact that I’m writing this at the very moment President Barack Obama is announcing yet another government plan (his fourth, I think) to “bail out” those “victims” who bought homes they couldn’t afford, makes this informative and engaging page-turner feel about as urgent and timely as any author could hope for.

CharlieSykes_0.jpg

What you need to know up front is that “Moochers” isn’t an attack on the poor or needy or, for that matter, a specific political party. In fact, from beginning to end, Sykes makes clear that as a country we have an obligation to feed the hungry and offer shelter to the homeless. Moreover, he isn’t even targeting a particular group, which would be impossible without a sawed-off shotgun anyway, because America’s moochers come from every level of our society.

What Sykes is targeting is a mentality, a dangerous and un-American mentality that infects almost every aspect of our culture, and one that is currently being bred into our children by those on both the left and right who are empowered by fomenting and excusing the dependence, greed, and selfishness of others. From corporate welfare to school lunches for the well-to-do to Wall Street bailouts to paying millionaires not to grow crops to tax breaks for Hollywood gajillionires to unending unemployment benefits to disaster relief for those who haven’t suffered disasters to TARP, and finally, to the shameless who walk away from mortgages they can afford to pay — what Sykes is exposing is that we are on the march to becoming Greece. Not just a European welfare state, but the kind of welfare state where the populace has been engineered by a nanny state to riot at the very thought of not being able to mooch the life to which they have become accustomed.

A large part of the problem is that thanks to those who control the levers of our media and culture, the only thing we’re taught to be ashamed of anymore is the act of attempting to shame someone. As a result, those who “want” instead of “need,” are openly and proudly grabbing all the goodies they can get their shameless hands on, and doing so at the expense of others. Worse still, those others haven't even been born yet.

Read More:
» Charles Sykes Makes the Case That We Are a ‘Nation of Moochers’ - Big Government

I began this thread expecting to find typical partisan attack on the poor. This is a breath of fresh air, Paul. I get sick of attacking people to defend my character (by people who don't even know me. Don't know why I even care.) It's "liberal loons, socialists, communists, etc..."; "extreme-right, fascist, racist, etc...". We go 'round and 'round, and never can come to an agreement.

This man does sound like a voice of reason. It isn't JUST the poor who feel that they are "entitled". It crosses every financial class. And some people (on both sides) refuse to see facts staring them in the face. And then....there are those of us in the middle of it. :evil:

Finally! A voice for the sane. This sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for posting.

All successful systems develop parasites. Sucker fish on whales...etc

Yes i agree, but are we reaching a critical tipping-point? Are the 'Takers' beginning to outnumber the 'Producers?'

Does anyone know off the top of your head, what the percentage of poor people is in this country? Everyone has heard about the proverbial top 1%. Is it possible that the very wealthy....the obscenly wealthy, have just decided to take and not give back? Sure....there are always going to be people who just plain won't work, and will do everything humanly possible to get on disability (just had to take a month off due to illness. That was misery. It felt like being a hamster in a hamster wheel. Why anyone would want to get on disability under a false premise, is a mystery to me. They're out there...but I think that they are the minority of the disabled.)

Has everyone who has read this thread stopped and thought to themself-"Do I feel entitled to anything?" If so, what is it?

Forum List

Back