Are We A Nation Of Moochers?...

Actually, $arah is a perfect example. She put in a cameo appearance as a state governor, she has quit everything she ever started and during the time she's been in the national picture, she has made enormous money off of doing nothing. And, she's a lousy mother.

She's certainly not the first but what is really deranged is that there is a radical religious right wing nut fringe that celebrates and adores her for being a chronic failure.

I still wish she would run for some office but why should she? She's got a recording studio in her home and gets paid big bucks to say really stupid stuff on foxNOTnews. I mean, have you ever really listened to her pearls of wisdom? Its that movie where the dumbest guy in the world is mistaken for the leader.
Some would say...and even some world leaders would agree that Obama is in WAY over his head. he's insulted our allies, apologized for us being who we are around the world, but you are just hunky dory with that.

Get lost you non-American twerp.

He has not "insulted our allies", he has never "apologized" for the US and what I am NOT hunky dory with is some idiot who regurgitates shit he heard from foxNOTnews as though its fact.

Man, you're not even trying anymore. You just go straight to your predictable tard rants. You don't even read the posts anymore. God, your so damn dumb. :lol:

Some would say...and even some world leaders would agree that Obama is in WAY over his head. he's insulted our allies, apologized for us being who we are around the world, but you are just hunky dory with that.

He has not "insulted our allies", he has never "apologized" for the US and what I am NOT hunky dory with is some idiot who regurgitates shit he heard from foxNOTnews as though its fact.

Man, you're not even trying anymore. You just go straight to your predictable tard rants. You don't even read the posts anymore. God, your so damn dumb. :lol:
That's my read. The guy is a twerp.

Actually, $arah is a perfect example. She put in a cameo appearance as a state governor, she has quit everything she ever started and during the time she's been in the national picture, she has made enormous money off of doing nothing. And, she's a lousy mother.

She's certainly not the first but what is really deranged is that there is a radical religious right wing nut fringe that celebrates and adores her for being a chronic failure.

I still wish she would run for some office but why should she? She's got a recording studio in her home and gets paid big bucks to say really stupid stuff on foxNOTnews. I mean, have you ever really listened to her pearls of wisdom? Its that movie where the dumbest guy in the world is mistaken for the leader.

Really gracie?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRA9zNQxg1A]The Day in 100 Seconds: World Apology Tour '09! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKXGTnsEL4]The Messiah's World Apology Tour 09 - YouTube[/ame]

YOU remain an idiot.

Yeah, he or she quit reading the posts a long time ago. Now it just goes straight to the predictable 'You a racist, evil rich people, OWS, BOOOOOSH' blah blah blah. It's like he or she has become a robot. I could see if he or she actually read the posts and then did their predicatable rants, but to not even put any effort in, is just so lazy & lame.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LxWkjGuI8&feature=related]Obama apology to dead Al Qaeda member's family? David Rivkin comments - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FWNCVU5bA&feature=related]Obama On Apologizing To Iran - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQiGs6l2DFM&feature=related]America Is Sorry For Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, he or she quit reading the posts a long time ago. Now it just goes straight to the predictable 'You a racist, evil rich people, OWS, BOOOOOSH' blah blah blah. It's like he or she has become a robot. I could see if he or she actually read the posts and then did their predicatable rants, but to not even put any effort in, is just so lazy & lame.

These people are just uneducated morons that refuse to pay attention. I leave it at that.

These people are just uneducated morons that refuse to pay attention. I leave it at that.

Yup.

Interesting article from John Nolte.

Charles Sykes Makes the Case That We Are a ‘Nation of Moochers’

Charles Sykes is a longtime Milwaukee talk-radio host and the prolific author of a number of books that helped to shape my personal political worldview, including 1988’s eye-opening “Profscam,” and 1993’s “A Nation of Victims,’ two works as timely today as they were decades ago.

“A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing”

Sarah-Palins-emails-from--007.jpg

God you're deranged. :lol:

This is what 99% of he members here see when Sheman starts posting his retarded-ass shit:

Mr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list

Last edited:

Isn't that what every libturd in this forum does? I can't think of a single one who actually tries to use facts or logic. On the rare occasions when one of them makes an attempt, the results are hilarious.

Charles Sykes is a longtime Milwaukee talk-radio host and the prolific author of a number of books that helped to shape my personal political worldview, including 1988’s eye-opening “Profscam,” and 1993’s “A Nation of Victims,’ two works as timely today as they were decades ago.

“A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing” (St. Martin’s Press) was just released, and the fact that I’m writing this at the very moment President Barack Obama is announcing yet another government plan (his fourth, I think) to “bail out” those “victims” who bought homes they couldn’t afford, makes this informative and engaging page-turner feel about as urgent and timely as any author could hope for.

CharlieSykes_0.jpg

What you need to know up front is that “Moochers” isn’t an attack on the poor or needy or, for that matter, a specific political party. In fact, from beginning to end, Sykes makes clear that as a country we have an obligation to feed the hungry and offer shelter to the homeless. Moreover, he isn’t even targeting a particular group, which would be impossible without a sawed-off shotgun anyway, because America’s moochers come from every level of our society.

What Sykes is targeting is a mentality, a dangerous and un-American mentality that infects almost every aspect of our culture, and one that is currently being bred into our children by those on both the left and right who are empowered by fomenting and excusing the dependence, greed, and selfishness of others. From corporate welfare to school lunches for the well-to-do to Wall Street bailouts to paying millionaires not to grow crops to tax breaks for Hollywood gajillionires to unending unemployment benefits to disaster relief for those who haven’t suffered disasters to TARP, and finally, to the shameless who walk away from mortgages they can afford to pay — what Sykes is exposing is that we are on the march to becoming Greece. Not just a European welfare state, but the kind of welfare state where the populace has been engineered by a nanny state to riot at the very thought of not being able to mooch the life to which they have become accustomed.

A large part of the problem is that thanks to those who control the levers of our media and culture, the only thing we’re taught to be ashamed of anymore is the act of attempting to shame someone. As a result, those who “want” instead of “need,” are openly and proudly grabbing all the goodies they can get their shameless hands on, and doing so at the expense of others. Worse still, those others haven't even been born yet.

Read More:
» Charles Sykes Makes the Case That We Are a ‘Nation of Moochers’ - Big Government

I disagree completely, I have been working full time since I was 17, the only time I was unemployed since than was when I separated from the service and was unemployed for 6 months, I live within my means and I buy everything with my own money. I am sure there are plenty of people doing that also.

Are we a nation of moochers? Yep...

Remember the lady who said she didn't have to even put gas in her tank anymore?

Another disappointed Barry voter...

I wouldn't characterize the whole nation as "moocher"...even though I suspect that over half the population would qualify as being moochers. Thankfully, there are some hard working people that understand the need to put in a day's work for a day's wages rather than to mooch off the neighbors.

I wouldn't characterize the whole nation as "moocher"...even though I suspect that over half the population would qualify as being moochers. Thankfully, there are some hard working people that understand the need to put in a day's work for a day's wages rather than to mooch off the neighbors.

Half the population? really? that's alot!:confused:

“A Nation of Moochers: America’s Addiction to Getting Something for Nothing” (St. Martin’s Press) was just released, and the fact that I’m writing this at the very moment President Barack Obama is announcing yet another government plan (his fourth, I think) to “bail out” those “victims” who bought homes they couldn’t afford, makes this informative and engaging page-turner feel about as urgent and timely as any author could hope for.

CharlieSykes_0.jpg

What you need to know up front is that “Moochers” isn’t an attack on the poor or needy or, for that matter, a specific political party. In fact, from beginning to end, Sykes makes clear that as a country we have an obligation to feed the hungry and offer shelter to the homeless. Moreover, he isn’t even targeting a particular group, which would be impossible without a sawed-off shotgun anyway, because America’s moochers come from every level of our society.

What Sykes is targeting is a mentality, a dangerous and un-American mentality that infects almost every aspect of our culture, and one that is currently being bred into our children by those on both the left and right who are empowered by fomenting and excusing the dependence, greed, and selfishness of others. From corporate welfare to school lunches for the well-to-do to Wall Street bailouts to paying millionaires not to grow crops to tax breaks for Hollywood gajillionires to unending unemployment benefits to disaster relief for those who haven’t suffered disasters to TARP, and finally, to the shameless who walk away from mortgages they can afford to pay — what Sykes is exposing is that we are on the march to becoming Greece. Not just a European welfare state, but the kind of welfare state where the populace has been engineered by a nanny state to riot at the very thought of not being able to mooch the life to which they have become accustomed.

A large part of the problem is that thanks to those who control the levers of our media and culture, the only thing we’re taught to be ashamed of anymore is the act of attempting to shame someone. As a result, those who “want” instead of “need,” are openly and proudly grabbing all the goodies they can get their shameless hands on, and doing so at the expense of others. Worse still, those others haven't even been born yet.

Read More:
» Charles Sykes Makes the Case That We Are a ‘Nation of Moochers’ - Big Government

I disagree completely, I have been working full time since I was 17, the only time I was unemployed since than was when I separated from the service and was unemployed for 6 months, I live within my means and I buy everything with my own money. I am sure there are plenty of people doing that also.

I respect that. I really do. He's speaking more in general terms. Did you read the whole article?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back