Are Sanctuary cities constitutional?

I love the idiots on the Right. They get so wound up over nothing.

Sanctuary policies are very simple to understand. It is a simple hands off policy. They say that illegal immigrants are the problem of the Federal Government.

The local cops won’t lift a finger to help. But they do not hinder. That would be obstruction. And that would be a crime.

So what happens? Juan Martinez is arrested. The Immigration Officers send a request for the local cops to hold Juan until the Immigration officers can get there.

A request. A request is asking. It isn’t a valid legal order. Those are called warrants and are signed by judges.

It is asking the locals for a favor. And they are under no legal requirement to grant the favor. In fact. They might be committing a crime in holding the individual.

The Supreme Court ruled that the States do not have the authority to enforce immigration law.

Are you insane?
GW Opened the border, invited in 3 million business visas and sent 25,000 factories to China.
If you don't know this, you have your head up your ass.

Prove it asshole. All I've heard from you thus far is a Trump speech. You got a link to something else?

You know what I know at this point? It's that you are bullshit artist that throws shit around with nothing to back it up.

I love the idiots on the Right. They get so wound up over nothing.

Sanctuary policies are very simple to understand. It is a simple hands off policy. They say that illegal immigrants are the problem of the Federal Government.

The local cops won’t lift a finger to help. But they do not hinder. That would be obstruction. And that would be a crime.

So what happens? Juan Martinez is arrested. The Immigration Officers send a request for the local cops to hold Juan until the Immigration officers can get there.

A request. A request is asking. It isn’t a valid legal order. Those are called warrants and are signed by judges.

It is asking the locals for a favor. And they are under no legal requirement to grant the favor. In fact. They might be committing a crime in holding the individual.

The Supreme Court ruled that the States do not have the authority to enforce immigration law.

The states don't HAVE TO enforce anything...but everyone is bound by federal law which bans > "conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection,"

This is not a flimsy law. Penalties range from 5 years in a federal prison to the death penalty, depending on circumstances. Read the statute.

The states don't HAVE TO enforce anything...but everyone is bound by federal law which bans > "conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection,"

This is not a flimsy law. Penalties range from 5 years in a federal prison to the death penalty, depending on circumstances. Read the statute.

It presupposes that the people know. If I don’t ask. And they don’t tell. There is no way for me to know.

That is why you haven’t seen people prosecuted. As far as I know they are legally here. As a cop in a sanctuary city or state I would be prohibited from asking. And unless the fellow volunteered the information. There would be no way to know.

So you can’t claim they are harboring. As far as the cops and city officials know the individuals are citizens or legal residents. Their immigration status is not Germaine to any other issues.

So your law does not apply. It is similar to Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. You may be gay. But it is none of my business. I am prohibited asking. I am specifically instructed not to draw any conclusions and not to discuss your sexual orientation.

So again. The people in the sanctuary cities are committing no crime.

It presupposes that the people know. If I don’t ask. And they don’t tell. There is no way for me to know.

That is why you haven’t seen people prosecuted. As far as I know they are legally here. As a cop in a sanctuary city or state I would be prohibited from asking. And unless the fellow volunteered the information. There would be no way to know.

So you can’t claim they are harboring. As far as the cops and city officials know the individuals are citizens or legal residents. Their immigration status is not Germaine to any other issues.

So your law does not apply. It is similar to Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. You may be gay. But it is none of my business. I am prohibited asking. I am specifically instructed not to draw any conclusions and not to discuss your sexual orientation.

So again. The people in the sanctuary cities are committing no crime.
Many illegals are caught for DUIs and other driving infractions and they don't have a driver's license or any other forms of ID. These people should be turned over to ICE for immediate deportation. Their families could then be rounded up also. Sanctuary cities and prevent that from happening. I suspect when the Republicans take over in 2025, deportations will skyrocket!

HA HA HA.You just watch what the "agrees" show up as on election day. If cheating Democrats don't steal these elections, that is.

I am talking about French journalists English journalists you name it, nobody agrees with you fools about the election or anything else for that matter. You are the world's horror and the laughing stock. Change the damn channel. Murdoch is all you have and he has been thrown out of every other country in the world or put on a very tight leash because he is a total scumbag who brings out the worst in everyone who listens to his crap periods you also have Internet conspiracy nuts period absolutely pathetic change the god damn channel

I am talking about French journalists English journalists you name it, nobody agrees with you fools about the election or anything else for that matter. You are the world's horror and the laughing stock. Change the damn channel. Murdoch is all you have and he has been thrown out of every other country in the world or put on a very tight leash because he is a total scumbag who brings out the worst in everyone who listens to his crap periods you also have Internet conspiracy nuts period absolutely pathetic change the god damn channel
journalists :laughing0301:

Many illegals are caught for DUIs and other driving infractions and they don't have a driver's license or any other forms of ID. These people should be turned over to ICE for immediate deportation. Their families could then be rounded up also. Sanctuary cities and prevent that from happening. I suspect when the Republicans take over in 2025, deportations will skyrocket!
That's why they are able to get licenses and insurance most places. The rest are criminals and no one is defending them. The DUI may not be enough unless they hit somebody. 94% of illegal adult males work, 65% pay taxes, and 35% own homes... we need them. Pass the 2010 democratic Immigration Bill and get this mess organized for crying out loud. A work ID card is the only solution like in other modern countries.

Your heroes are PROPAGANDISTS, dupe. When confronted on their bs, they admit it!! Or say that no reasonable person would believe their crap, and they win!. You are an idiot as well as a brainwashed functional idiot, idiot. Try reality.
I have journalists in my family and they're all bullshit artists who do what they are commanded to by their LibTard editors.

Ok. How do you know they aren’t a citizen driving without a license?

Forum List

Back