Are Racists Dumb?

You know........I'll put this as simply as I can for the pencil brains on the board........

Racism is dumb. If as a white person I refuse to call on a black man to do an important job, EVEN THOUGH he's the best qualified and send in a white person instead who fucks up the job?

I'd expect to be called stupid at a minimum...............

While you are LINKING, please link us to the stats on serial killers.

here is a link on serial killers for you. Why Most Serial Killers Are White Men

it has many interesting ideas on crime and race, you should read it

Sooooooooo most serial killers are white males? I had a feeling what was true...so the person I was responding too was in correct when we get specific when we are talking about serial killers..

10 percent of the populace, 90 percent of the problem is not true when we are talking about serial killers?

What about the Bernie Maddofs? Is her numbers true when talking about ponsi schemes that affected thousands (more?) of people?

What about something like Welfare? Not a crime, but a strain on us as a country...is her numbers good there as well?

What about the iraq war even? How many americans were killed there and for what? (But I dont want to get political. This isnt about political crimes I guess).

What about Wall street itself? What about the banks? Wasnt it a crime, them almost bankrupting the entire country? Was that due to whites or blacks?

But lets get back to blacks and snatching purses.

Last edited:
They never even met a black person but could tell you everything about them from what they saw on television.

Yet there are "non-racists" who do the EXACT SAME THING!

Someone who grows up in an all-white neighborhood and watches the Cosby Show, and this convinces them that all blacks are doctor-lawyer couples.

They can't understand why anyone would have a NEGATIVE view of blacks!

You know........I'll put this as simply as I can for the pencil brains on the board........

Racism is dumb. If as a white person I refuse to call on a black man to do an important job, EVEN THOUGH he's the best qualified and send in a white person instead who fucks up the job?

Agreed, but I dont want a black guy to have a higher position BECAUSE he is black. I also hate the thought of being black in a position of authority and someone questioning my competence because I am black. That sucks just as much.

You like to imagine that such scenarios exist. Yet they don't. They're false hypotheticals meant to serve as brain-balm against the terrifying possibility that blacks are simply less intelligent across the board.

They never even met a black person but could tell you everything about them from what they saw on television.

Yet there are "non-racists" who do the EXACT SAME THING!

Someone who grows up in an all-white neighborhood and watches the Cosby Show, and this convinces them that all blacks are doctor-lawyer couples.

They can't understand why anyone would have a NEGATIVE view of blacks!

Could be, but personally, I have never met anyone who thought the cosby's were the norm. You see, there are so many contradictory things on tv pertaining to blacks.

Seriously, you know a person who only watched cosby and thought that was it? No news stories, no other comedies or even Cops? lol

You like to imagine that such scenarios exist. Yet they don't. They're false hypotheticals meant to serve as brain-balm against the terrifying possibility that blacks are simply less intelligent across the board.

Less intelligent across the board? So you are saying to me, you have more intelligence than I do? How grandiose of you. :lol: By the way, there is no such word as "hypotheticals". Oh the irony! lol

William Joyce, don't run away now. :eusa_whistle:

Biker, you are correct, racism is dumb. Keep throwing out those "hypotheticals", OK?

ed....William Joyce bump. lol

Last edited:
You know.......if the 16 year olds were playing football and looking at me as I walked by? Wouldn't have a problem.

I see a bunch of 60 year olds dressed in KKK clothing with swastikas? I'm nervous whether or not they are looking towards me.

riiiiiight. you see a lot of people walking around in KKK clothes?

Racism is not so much a matter of being dumb as it is a matter of lack of education and/or intellectual honesty. Martin Luther King put it very simply: We shouldn't judge people by the color of their skin but the content of their character.

that is certainly how I conduct my life. I also support programs that help people of lesser means. I am capable of putting more into society than I take away, and indeed that is what I do. I did not come from a privileged upbringing and it would have been easy to stay in a marginal lifestyle. I chose not to.

individual responsibility is the cornerstone of MLK's comment about content of character. its not where you start from but where you end up. it pisses me off that because I made choices that lifted me into the middle class, I am now being blamed for the poor choices that keep others in moral and material poverty. along the way I also noticed that clever people made better life choices than dull people did unless they were crippled by emotional issues. interestingly enough, I found that the vast preponderance of evidence supported that supposition.

why am I called a racist for pointing out that different races have different cognitive abilities that lead to a different quality of life decisions?

many people DECLARE that everyone has the same level of intelligence, despite their everyday experience and measurements at all levels and all places.

why is someone who notices that there are racial differences (on average) considered racist and hateful, and according to the thread title, stupid? it seems to me that those who cannot see that the emperor has no clothes are the ones who are dumb.

Not sure why you chose to quote me, but if for some reason you think I'm from a privileged upbringing - you're very sadly mistaken. I don't recall blaming you specifically or anybody else on the board generally of being anything. I certainly would not condemn anyone for making choices that were good or that bettered their situation. I did the same thing.

Maybe I just don't understand your post at all. I was simply giving an opinion/answer to an OP question.

sorry...I didn't mean to disturb you by reading your post. I'll try to avoid it if you wish

In that course I taught, I had a kid do a study on demographics and crime. You would be amazed at the numbers he came up with, with regards to crimes, identical mind you, crimes and punishment that occurred between whites and black people. He quoted case after case where everything from dismissal to probation and some time of course was awarded for one group and serious time for the other. NO wonder 1 in 3 end up with that record you quoted?

I've seen studies that support both sides. Typically the ones that take contributing factors into account find no difference in sentencing.

Uh no...I took one class (on our lunch break) out to Coronado Ca. (going to North Island) to see who was pulled over by those cops since I unofficially looked at this every single morning going to work. Coronado makes it so you have to drive down one street (after exiting the bridge) to get to the main gate so it was easy to watch for the purposes of my experiment. You cant make lefts or rights, only straight down one street.

with one exception, every single person that was pulled over for that hour we watched was a minority. (11 total) 100% of them had military stickers, but that is a whole different thread.

This is just an isolated city of course, but with the stories that kid quoted for that class, it proved something to me and most of the class. Contributing factors aside, he had cases that were almost identical, and he proved to me at least, there is a lot of injustice in this world. Blah blah, I know. Don't break the law and you will never have to deal with it. I live like that, but justice should be fair.

Eh. Whatever.

personal anecdotes are often inaccurate. the feds commissioned a study on the jersey turnpike and found that blacks were stopped at less than their offending rate. because it wasn't the predicted result it didn't get a lot of press, which pissed off the cops because it vindicated them.

I don't see many stories on qualified blacks being shut out. on the other hand I do see stories about blacks who get hired/placed despite having inferior qualifications.

While you are LINKING, please link us to the stats on serial killers.

here is a link on serial killers for you. Why Most Serial Killers Are White Men

it has many interesting ideas on crime and race, you should read it

Sooooooooo most serial killers are white males? I had a feeling what was true...so the person I was responding too was in correct when we get specific when we are talking about serial killers..

10 percent of the populace, 90 percent of the problem is not true when we are talking about serial killers?

What about the Bernie Maddofs? Is her numbers true when talking about ponsi schemes that affected thousands (more?) of people?

What about something like Welfare? Not a crime, but a strain on us as a country...is her numbers good there as well?

What about the iraq war even? How many americans were killed there and for what? (But I dont want to get political. This isnt about political crimes I guess).

What about Wall street itself? What about the banks? Wasnt it a crime, them almost bankrupting the entire country? Was that due to whites or blacks?

But lets get back to blacks and snatching purses.

so you didn't actually read the piece? blacks are about 20% of serial killers, more than their share of the population.

I found it interesting that whites have a much higher standard deviation for their crime rate but a much lower base level of criminality. most whites are very law abiding but out at 4 or 5 SD the really heinous crimes are often done by whites. blacks on the other hand are typically not that law abiding but there is not as big a difference between the average black and a criminal one at the extreme tails.

just like abortion. somehow no one gets an abortion just because they screwed up, its always a special case

I've seen studies that support both sides. Typically the ones that take contributing factors into account find no difference in sentencing.

Uh no...I took one class (on our lunch break) out to Coronado Ca. (going to North Island) to see who was pulled over by those cops since I unofficially looked at this every single morning going to work. Coronado makes it so you have to drive down one street (after exiting the bridge) to get to the main gate so it was easy to watch for the purposes of my experiment. You cant make lefts or rights, only straight down one street.

with one exception, every single person that was pulled over for that hour we watched was a minority. (11 total) 100% of them had military stickers, but that is a whole different thread.

This is just an isolated city of course, but with the stories that kid quoted for that class, it proved something to me and most of the class. Contributing factors aside, he had cases that were almost identical, and he proved to me at least, there is a lot of injustice in this world. Blah blah, I know. Don't break the law and you will never have to deal with it. I live like that, but justice should be fair.

Eh. Whatever.

personal anecdotes are often inaccurate. the feds commissioned a study on the jersey turnpike and found that blacks were stopped at less than their offending rate. because it wasn't the predicted result it didn't get a lot of press, which pissed off the cops because it vindicated them.

My personal enecdote was 100% accurate but like I said, this was specific to Coronado and the bridge traffic to the front gate. It was specific just like the new jersey one was.

You have no idea what DWB is all about do you? I know, understand and have lived it. Is that personal aecdote complicated for you? Again, this only happened to me a few times. In La Jolla Ca. and Scottsdale Az. Scottsdale is known for this by the way.

I don't see many stories on qualified blacks being shut out. on the other hand I do see stories about blacks who get hired/placed despite having inferior qualifications.

Really, you dont see too many stories about them being shut out? Really? :lol:

Really, you dont see too many stories about them being shut out? Really? :lol:

no I don't. I see lots of stories about how having to meet standards is discriminating to blacks and I see stories where blacks complain about not having populational representation in skilled labour but I don't hear of equally qualified blacks losing out. please enlighten me.

Less intelligent across the board? So you are saying to me, you have more intelligence than I do? How grandiose of you. :lol: By the way, there is no such word as "hypotheticals". Oh the irony! lol

William Joyce, don't run away now. :eusa_whistle:

Biker, you are correct, racism is dumb. Keep throwing out those "hypotheticals", OK?

ed....William Joyce bump. lol

Hypotheticals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google

You know.......if the 16 year olds were playing football and looking at me as I walked by? Wouldn't have a problem.

I see a bunch of 60 year olds dressed in KKK clothing with swastikas? I'm nervous whether or not they are looking towards me.

riiiiiight. you see a lot of people walking around in KKK clothes?

Yes, actually, depending on where you go. I was stationed in the Deep South and saw some of them there, as well as am from Montana, and just across the border in Idaho, every summer there is a white power rally up there.

Surprised you didn't know about stuff like that. Don't you watch news?

Forum List

Back