Are people this dumb or

Stupid people think college will make them smarter. Smart people know it doesn't, and are less impressionable.
Smart people know what that little piece of paper saying you graduated can do for them.
Really? Such as?....
How many college grads are serving coffee at Starbucks? Bartending? Waiting tables? Or have jobs that have zero ties to their major?
This is not to imply that a college degree is not worth the effort. It is. However only if the degree is marketable in the arena of the business world...
No one is going to hire a graduate with a degree in Afro-American Studies, Women's Studies or Ancient Greek Philosophy....

Sure they will.

well, it took the racist long enough to show, glad you degenerates waited until late in the postings
well, it took the racist long enough to show, glad you degenerates waited until late in the postings
What does racism have to do with your xenophobia or your typical GOP myopic revisionist tendencies?
nothing in that line is even remotely true.

you brought race into this, and proved you are a bigot.

It's not my fault you have honestly issues.
Where did I mention race?

Answer: not once.

You do understand the difference between culture and race...don't you?
What it does not support are American right wing political notions that college doesn't teach people anything of value. This is to be expected when the strongest demographic the Republican base has is white men without college degrees. It's no wonder they'd be resentful of people who went to college because college graduates tend to make more money that people without college degrees

you mentioned race

you are either an idiot or a liar.

I'll let you decide, but plz let me know.
I was describing the strongest demographic that Fox News has, and leaving out elements of that strongest demographic would have been inaccurate.

In order be racist, or display racism, one must believe, or express a belief that any one race is superior, or inferior, to any other race. I did neither.

Furthermore... being "white" myself...I find it childish when other white men claim racism victim status.

You didn't understand that the study you posted, didn't support your regurgitated Fox News talking points, and when people used the study against your argument, you abandon your position and seek refuge in weak foundationless retorts

You and the guy who lies about being a history teacher deserve each other
self hate is common with white leftist, so you are still a racist

your non-sense about fox was brought up by you
I did not argue that the survey was cross culture, it was not relevant to the point

YOU ASSUMED it all

Albert E is NOT the #1 hero of all history, that was my point, and yes, the people that think he is are stupid

Having a college degree, says that you are programmable, and that's what corporations want.
Corporations aren't bad simply because they're corporations.

The corporation I work for wants to pay me more money if I complete my degree, and I'll accept that, once I actually have one.

Corporations that are bad, are not bad because the people in them have degrees. There are lot's of valid reason they're bad without adding their need for employees with advanced degrees to that list
You missed the point. It wasn't about corporations, it was about being programmed.... Kinda like training a dog.
I would like to note, for toxi, that this fucktard is one of yours.

a leftist shitbag, like you

Having a college degree, says that you are programmable, and that's what corporations want.
Corporations aren't bad simply because they're corporations.

The corporation I work for wants to pay me more money if I complete my degree, and I'll accept that, once I actually have one.

Corporations that are bad, are not bad because the people in them have degrees. There are lot's of valid reason they're bad without adding their need for employees with advanced degrees to that list
You missed the point. It wasn't about corporations, it was about being programmed.... Kinda like training a dog.
I would like to note, for toxi, that this fucktard is one of yours.

a leftist shitbag, like you
Who is one of what?

Hey, I don't have a side, just people who randomly agree with me, or disagree.

What does racism have to do with your xenophobia or your typical GOP myopic revisionist tendencies?
nothing in that line is even remotely true.

you brought race into this, and proved you are a bigot.

It's not my fault you have honestly issues.
Where did I mention race?

Answer: not once.

You do understand the difference between culture and race...don't you?
What it does not support are American right wing political notions that college doesn't teach people anything of value. This is to be expected when the strongest demographic the Republican base has is white men without college degrees. It's no wonder they'd be resentful of people who went to college because college graduates tend to make more money that people without college degrees

you mentioned race

you are either an idiot or a liar.

I'll let you decide, but plz let me know.
I was describing the strongest demographic that Fox News has, and leaving out elements of that strongest demographic would have been inaccurate.

In order be racist, or display racism, one must believe, or express a belief that any one race is superior, or inferior, to any other race. I did neither.

Furthermore... being "white" myself...I find it childish when other white men claim racism victim status.

You didn't understand that the study you posted, didn't support your regurgitated Fox News talking points, and when people used the study against your argument, you abandon your position and seek refuge in weak foundationless retorts

You and the guy who lies about being a history teacher deserve each other
self hate is common with white leftist, so you are still a racist

your non-sense about fox was brought up by you
I did not argue that the survey was cross culture, it was not relevant to the point

YOU ASSUMED it all

Albert E is NOT the #1 hero of all history, that was my point, and yes, the people that think he is are stupid
You need to breathe a little, or get laid, and I suggest both

Obama is not on the list of historical figures, and yet Bush is. So this "survey" (which they hilariously refer to as a "study") does not pass the sniff test.

It sounds to me like it was an opinion poll of college kids, and nothing more. With Obama's name conveniently left off the list.

Last edited:
PLOS ONE Heroes and Villains of World History across Cultures

“Below is a list of historical figures. Please rate the intensity of your positive or negative feelings about each person (on a scale of 1 to 7, with 1 = extremely negative, 4 = neutral, and 7 = extremely positive), and how important you think each person is (on a scale of 1 to 7, with 1 = not at all important, 4 = fairly important, and 7 = extremely important). Please rate all the people, even if you don’t know much about them.”

Rate your FEELINGS.

It's a bullshit opinion poll of college age kids in 37 countries. And they left off Obama but included Bush.

“Below is a list of historical figures. Please rate the intensity of your positive or negative feelings about each person (on a scale of 1 to 7, with 1 = extremely negative, 4 = neutral, and 7 = extremely positive), and how important you think each person is (on a scale of 1 to 7, with 1 = not at all important, 4 = fairly important, and 7 = extremely important). Please rate all the people, even if you don’t know much about them.”

Rate your FEELINGS.

It's a bullshit opinion poll of college age kids in 37 countries. And they left off Obama but included Bush.
it's the opinion of college kids, that have been educated in the system.

it's a representation of how easy it is to make people think a certain way, clearly with few actual facts

Rate your FEELINGS.

it's the opinion of college kids, that have been educated in the system.

What "system" would that be?

Stupid people think college will make them smarter. Smart people know it doesn't, and are less impressionable.
Smart people know what that little piece of paper saying you graduated can do for them.
Really? Such as?....
How many college grads are serving coffee at Starbucks? Bartending? Waiting tables? Or have jobs that have zero ties to their major?
This is not to imply that a college degree is not worth the effort. It is. However only if the degree is marketable in the arena of the business world...
No one is going to hire a graduate with a degree in Afro-American Studies, Women's Studies or Ancient Greek Philosophy....

Sure they will.
Yeah...As servers, and other non related to the studies jobs.
Your point?

Really? Such as?....

Sure they will.
Yeah...As servers, and other non related to the studies jobs.

In a variety of positions.

Forum List

Back