Are people this dumb or

are they just regurgitating the stewpud they are taught?

Guess Who College Students Think Is More of a Villain Than Lenin Stalin and Mao

kk7.jpg

Albert Einstein? Albert is the number 1 hero of all time?

good god, this makes me want to tell my kids to not go to college.
I don't believe it.

But that is beside the point that "yes" "people are that dumb"

I work with the public, and they are.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

well if you can show me this is bullshit, I'll ask for the thread to be taken down.
You're right, I spoke too soon, because I thought this poll only polled American colleges and universities. When you factor in cross cultural differences it makes sense.

What it does not support are American right wing political notions that college doesn't teach people anything of value. This is to be expected when the strongest demographic the Republican base has is white men without college degrees. It's no wonder they'd be resentful of people who went to college because college graduates tend to make more money that people without college degrees

The World History Survey (WHS) involving 6,902 university students in 37 countries evaluating 40 figures from world history.

The highest consensus across cultures involved scientific innovators, with Einstein having the most positive evaluation overall.

Peaceful humanitarians like Mother Theresa and Gandhi followed.

There was much less cross-cultural consistency in the evaluation of negative figures, led by Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein.

Secular and Religious Idealists were overwhelmingly prevalent in Christian countries.

Political Realists were common in Muslim and Asian countries.

The countries were Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Fiji, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, UK, and USA.

PLOS ONE Heroes and Villains of World History across Cultures
well, it took the racist long enough to show, glad you degenerates waited until late in the postings

They probably thought they survey was referring to John Lennon and Mao was a Chinese dish that caused severe indigestion...

I understand Ghangis making the list, he's famous in the western world

but

Kublie (sp) Khan was FAR more ruthless. If he encountered a wall he couldnt get through, he would kill all the locals and use the bodies to build a ramp

From the way the spring breakers answer questions about history it's doubtful that they know who James Madison was. How the hell do they rate Deng Xiaoping #29?

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

well if you can show me this is bullshit, I'll ask for the thread to be taken down.
You're right, I spoke too soon, because I thought this poll only polled American colleges and universities. When you factor in cross cultural differences it makes sense.

What it does not support are American right wing political notions that college doesn't teach people anything of value. This is to be expected when the strongest demographic the Republican base has is white men without college degrees. It's no wonder they'd be resentful of people who went to college because college graduates tend to make more money that people without college degrees

The World History Survey (WHS) involving 6,902 university students in 37 countries evaluating 40 figures from world history.

The highest consensus across cultures involved scientific innovators, with Einstein having the most positive evaluation overall.

There was much less cross-cultural consistency in the evaluation of negative figures, led by Hitler, Osama bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein.

Secular and Religious Idealists were overwhelmingly prevalent in Christian countries.

The countries were Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Fiji, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia, UK, and USA.

well, it took the racist long enough to show, glad you degenerates waited until late in the postings

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

What does racism have to do with your xenophobia or your typical GOP myopic revisionist tendencies?

. Cut the bitch some slack, homie. :slap:

Why?
You're still resentful because I exposed you for lying about being a history professor who happened to travel to Russia and read all about US/Soviet pre/post war relations

I, of course, never made any such claims, you dishonest little douche.
But you lied about reading primary documents about FDR and Stalin in the original Russian...during a thread about FDR.

Others called you out too.

Remember?

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

kk7.jpg

I don't believe it.

What does racism have to do with your xenophobia or your typical GOP myopic revisionist tendencies?
nothing in that line is even remotely true.

you brought race into this, and proved you are a bigot.

It's not my fault you have honestly issues.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it.

nothing in that line is even remotely true.

you brought race into this, and proved you are a bigot.

It's not my fault you have honestly issues.
Where did I mention race?

Answer: not once.

You do understand the difference between culture and race...don't you?

The source of this list comes from here. A Libertarian web site, supposedly.

Here is the opening paragraph:

A research group conducted an international study among college students, asking them to rank 40 historical figures positively or negatively.

A research group...

WHAT research group, they don't say.

Something stinks.

Seriously. No one has noticed what I have about this list?

Forum List

Back