Are GOPers and righwtingers really conservatives?

Actually, I thought O'Donnell was a mistake. And I was right. I would have preferred Castle. That was a bad call - but if I dismissed an entire movement based on a few bad calls, I would have no one to vote for ever. It's a compromise thing. What I find interesting is that every party has made bad calls, and certain people ignore those, yet hammer the other side for theirs.

Question still stands. You call yourself a conservative, yet I never see you call out the board's left wing on anything. You do, however, call out the conservatives on the board constantly. No one can say that of me, I am equally happy to hammer both sides. Frankly, I don't think you know what a conservative is. I think you want to be a conservative but, in fact, you are a Democrat. That's fine. Nothing wrong with being a Democrat. But have the courage to say so.

Are you absolutely sure about that CG?

Actually, I thought O'Donnell was a mistake. And I was right. I would have preferred Castle. That was a bad call - but if I dismissed an entire movement based on a few bad calls, I would have no one to vote for ever. It's a compromise thing. What I find interesting is that every party has made bad calls, and certain people ignore those, yet hammer the other side for theirs.

Question still stands. You call yourself a conservative, yet I never see you call out the board's left wing on anything. You do, however, call out the conservatives on the board constantly. No one can say that of me, I am equally happy to hammer both sides. Frankly, I don't think you know what a conservative is. I think you want to be a conservative but, in fact, you are a Democrat. That's fine. Nothing wrong with being a Democrat. But have the courage to say so.

Yes. And I've had several right wingers bitch at me for it. Can you say the same? No. That's because you are incapable of seeing another point of view. Ask TPS how many times she's had her butt kicked by me.

Last edited:
Yet you still havent named a single issue.

When Oddball and Harry Dredsen man up and state their positions I'll state mine.

How many times do they have to do that. If you don't know where they stand, that is your fault, not theirs. I know what their positions are.

And thats exactly the same point I'm making in regards to people asking me to post my positions on issues, my past posts speak for themselves.

When Oddball and Harry Dredsen man up and state their positions I'll state mine.

How many times do they have to do that. If you don't know where they stand, that is your fault, not theirs. I know what their positions are.

And thats exactly the same point I'm making in regards to people asking me to post my positions on issues, my past posts speak for themselves.

Yea, which is why no one on the right sees you as a conservative. Same with Jake. You never agree with anyone on the right. You always agree with those on the left.

Lies, you defended O'Donnell before her election when the lefties were rightfully attacking her stupidity as well as that of the Tea baggers for pushing her as a nominee.

You don't hammer both sides, I have done so in this forum, the far right in this forum are supporting positions that are too radical, the lefties are not pushing radical agendas and stupidity like the birthers and fake stories about death panels.

Yes. And I've had several right wingers bitch at me for it. Can you say the same? No. That's because you are incapable of seeing another point of view. Ask TPS how many times she's had her butt kicked by me.

I have to take your word on it, and I do.

You may recall, when I made an entire thread supporting Bush's response to the 9/11 news I was essentially the lone LWer supporting that. And I openly disagreed with my fellow Lefties, not in the backwoods of PMs.

Also, I openly disagree with many of my fellow Lefties on religion and on matters of homosexuality. However, I don't get attacked or "bitched it" by my fellow Lefties for any particular subject, because we do not operate that way. We realize that we're all individuals with common goals and aspirations and that its OK to disagree with on another from time to time.

The fact that your fellow Righties feel the need to "bitch at you" whenever you divulge from the day's talking point, to me, speaks volumes about that side of the fence.

Yea, which is why no one on the right sees you as a conservative. Same with Jake. You never agree with anyone on the right. You always agree with those on the left.

I don't agree with every lefty position, but its the people on the right in *THIS* forum who's positions I don't agree with, who could ever agree with far right radicalism?

But the thread is about your positions. There is no reason why you should withhold them until they state theirs. I havent even seen you request their positions.

I don't agree with every lefty position, but its the people on the right in *THIS* forum who's positions I don't agree with, who could ever agree with far right radicalism?

If spending and taxes cut and the powers usurped by the Federal Government returned to the states is radical, than I can easily agree with them.

The Pseudo-Conservative

The Pseudo-Conservative Revolt: an article by Richard Hofstader from the Winter 1954-55 issue of The Scholar | The American Scholar

George Bush, The Pseudo-Conservative

Loudoun Progress:: The psychological profile of the "pseudo-conservative"

"...such as people who simultaneously demand lower taxes and more and wider roads, those who proclaim that "now is not the time" to take steps to protect our perennial streams (which is sort of like saying "now is not the time to begin treatment for your cancer"), and those who insist that their religious freedom has been stolen from them when they are prevented from interfering with the religious expression of others. "

"People who want to shrink the federal government down to where they can strangle it in the bathtub, who also want to know why the federal government hasn't fixed BP's oil spill yet."

]

You haven't shown any examples of blacks who play the race card and my positions showing my conservative stances are in my posts, I disagree with you knuckleheads in here because you're all driven too far to the right on damn near everything.

You haven't shown any examples of blacks who play the race card

i have to give you an example?....you could not have just said YES i think playing the race card is fine or NO i do not agree with that type of shit?........by not answering my question Bass im takiing that as ......YES i think playing the race card is fine

and my positions showing my conservative stances are in my posts

well lets call out Sherlock Holmes to find them.......

I love when ultra left-wing whackaloons like Bass and Marc try to define what we should believe if we are truly conservative.

OK then, tell me. What was conservative about...

Reagan?
Bush I
Bush II
Any of the Conservative that are currently on the scene.

Go for it.
*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

None of them were true conservatives. But then again Clinton wasn't really a liberal either. Pretty much all were figure heads tasked with selling a perception of a kind and gental America to Americans while the mechanism of empire continue to move forward. The recent Wikileaks documents give us a glimse at how the empire is truly run.

I'm attacked for not being of the ilk as the radical hard right retards, not because I'm not conservative which I am indeed.

Yet you still havent named a single issue.

i havent been asked......ok here goes........

Politically i would say i am a Liberal Republican or a Conservative Democrat.....

i cant stand both Political Parties....both right now are killing this Country.....

i am all for EVERYONE having Healthcare.....its just how to get it to 300 million people.....its not as easy as the pro-Healthcare People make it sound.....

i am all for Regulating the Ins. Companies were they CANNOT turn down pre-existing Conditions....and they Cannot drop you if you develop a disease they dont like...and if the existing Ins. Company's cannot abide by these two regulations....then get out of the business.....

i think the Media creates a hell of a lot of our Problems by putting their Spins on every story they touch......report the news as it happens.....or get out of the business....

im against Illegal Immigration....

i think our Justice System is a very Hypocritical one in many cases.....and i think VIOLENT Felons should be treated as such.....

im all for preserving the Environment.....i think Global Warming is not as bad as Al Gore and his followers say it is....but i think its worse than what the nay sayers say it is....but it should be studied and we definitely should be looking for alternative energy sources....

all for Education....

all for getting this Economy back up and going .....and i dont care who the Architect of that may be....i just hope it happens....soon....

all for Science and Technology.....

Religion wise ...im probobly an Agnostic.....but....you never know...

all for studying History.....something many HS kids today lack.....

i see nothing wrong with the Govt. promoting a Healthy Lifestyle......this Country could use it.....

all for a STRONG Military.....

i have no problems with any race.....they all have their assholes and good people....

im against giving any kind of aide to 3 rd World Countries outside of Humanitarian aide...

we should have never gone into Iraq.....been against it from day one....

i dont care if Gays get Married.....i have met some very nice gay Couples.....

i dont know if i missed anything.......

ok Bass.....your serve....

It's very funny when liberoidals like BlindBullshit tell us what is or isn't a "true conservative."

These numb nuts still refuse to even define their terms.

One liberoidal dufus uses "conservative" meaning one thing and the other liberoidal dufus (fake conservative racist pigdog) uses the term "conservative" with a very different meaning lurking in the recesses of it's pathetic "mind." So whatever they are discussing, it isn't even the same thing.

But they imagine they "agree" with each other.

My sides are starting to hurt from laughing at these ass clowns.

Also, I openly disagree with many of my fellow Lefties on religion and on matters of homosexuality. However, I don't get attacked or "bitched it" by my fellow Lefties for any particular subject, because we do not operate that way. We realize that we're all individuals with common goals and aspirations and that its OK to disagree with on another from time to time.

The fact that your fellow Righties feel the need to "bitch at you" whenever you divulge from the day's talking point, to me, speaks volumes about that side of the fence.

the thing that gets me Marc is when a Jerk like Dean will throw a blanket over ALL Conservatives/Republicans only a few on the left call him on it....like Ez or Sallow....the rest of you guys say he is way to Left and kinda out of there but never tell him that.....you just let him talk dis-honest Bullshit......and as far as im concerned he is the worst of the lefties here.....Pubis In. and Namvet were the worst on the Right....this guy named Revere seems to be taking their spots.....

Oh, just go join the Democrat Party and be done with it...You can take Jake the Fake and that poseur Colin Powell with ya.

Maybe for every one of you drips that leave, two old schoolers might start supporting the GOP again.

Just like I thought, the GOP are nothing more than radical, fiscally irresponsible capitalists that don't know true conservatism and have become brainwashed by big business and the insanity of the religious radical right who want to dictate people's personal lives through law.

Colin Powell represents true conservatism and balance. Right-of-center is true conservatism, not that far right retardology practiced by the GOP.

You, are a joke bass. Here... I found your picture...

bassvi.jpg

the thing that gets me Marc is when a Jerk like Dean will throw a blanket over ALL Conservatives/Republicans only a few on the left call him on it....like Ez or Sallow....the rest of you guys say he is way to Left and kinda out of there but never tell him that.....you just let him talk dis-honest Bullshit......and as far as im concerned he is the worst of the lefties here.....Pubis In. and Namvet were the worst on the Right....this guy named Revere seems to be taking their spots.....

Harry is full of shit. In other threads, Harry will say that *I'm* the worst of the lefties, and now he wants to WHINE about how Marc isn't calling out lefties (as if Harry calls out the righties)

its funny how we never see you say anything about it.....even the FAR Left Radical positions taken up here......but i agree you always bad mouth the Right....and disagreeing about the Color of Obamas Tie is NOT disagreeing with the Left....

The wingnuts love to claim that they criticize both sides equally.

Wingnuts love to lie

While attacking you in this thread for offering an inaccurate definition of "conservatism", Liability has defined the word "more" as a "number" and "statistic" in another thread :cuckoo:

And notice how Harry Dresden, who claims he goes after the righties, doesn't have a word to say about CG's obvious lie. I guess he must be too busy calling out a lefty

Last edited:

Forum List

Back