Are Fox News and MSNBC irresponsible news networks?

Which network is more biased: Fox News or MSNBC?

• Fox News

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • MSNBC

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Equally

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
Fox News Liberals

Talk to any Fox News-hating liberal and you'll here the same old regurgitated talking point- "Fox is not Fair & Balanced," "Rightwing propaganda." One network, Fox News, has twice the number of opposing commentators than does all media sources combined. If you add up the major media properties; ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times, Washington Post, and Newsweek -- you get a total of five so-called conservative personalities among hundreds of liberals. At the least, Fox News employs the following liberals;

* Juan Williams
* Alan Colmes
* Kirsten Powers
* Shepard Smith
* Geraldo Rivera
* Mara Liasson
* Bill Schulz
* Susan Estrich
* Ed Henry
* Bob Beckel

A 2009 national survey showed that 46% of those who watch FOX News “just about every day” are Democrats or Independents. Dick Morris interpreted the numbers and determines, "Could it be that the Obama Administration is concerned about FOX News not because it is 'an arm of the Republican Party' but because it is so widely seen among Democrats and Independents?"

The other propaganda by the left is that Fox News watchers only watch Fox. Many viewers watch other news more that MSNBC viewers.

Fox news is just oppisite of the biased liberal news like MSNBC, CNN, CBS, fox viewers are much more informed than MSNBC viewers.

Fox News Viewers Are Misinformed Study, The Critique - YouTube

Don't believe the mainstream news look up things up for yourself on what they are reporting

Very good post for the truth contained within.

MSNBC rocks.

Rachel Maddow especially. She is the smartest person on television.

ummmmmm... i don't think MSNBC pretends to be a "news" station. It's mostly political discussion. Fauxnews is the propaganda arm of the republican party dressed up as a "news" channel...

Oh palease. Fox at least differentiates between its political discussions and news. Unfortunately you have jackoffs that think Hannity and Friends purports to be a news shoe even when Hannity himself explicitly states it isn't a news show.

MSNBC rocks.

Rachel Maddow especially. She is the smartest person on television.

That sounds as hackish as:

FNN Rocks

Sean Hannity especially. He is the smartest person on television.

How you do not feel dirty after saying what you did chris, unless you are a far left wingnut, is beyond me.

ummmmmm... i don't think MSNBC pretends to be a "news" station. It's mostly political discussion. Fauxnews is the propaganda arm of the republican party dressed up as a "news" channel...

Oh palease. Fox at least differentiates between its political discussions and news. Unfortunately you have jackoffs that think Hannity and Friends purports to be a news shoe even when Hannity himself explicitly states it isn't a news show.

I agree with you, Soggy. Hannity does not purport to be a news show, but politics minded on the right side. I find Hannity to be over[powering and seldom listens to his counterparts.

When Alan co;lmes was with Hannity, I felt badly for him. He had honest points but was drowned out by Hannity. I just couldn't listen. But as time went on, Colmes assumed some of the remedies that Hannity did. Now, I don't listen to either. Bob Beckel seems to be by in large, an honest discussion artist.

I'll say I think FOX viewers are less obnoxious than MSNBC viewers. You can always tell when someone watches MSNBC...because all they do is sit around bitching about FOX.

Really, the only reason FOX seems worse than MSNBC or any other major news network when it comes to bias is because 1) they're a red dot in a blue sea, and 2) because people like Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz have cultivated an audience around complaining about FOX. Say what you want about FOX, but nobody on FOX has made a name for themselves simply because they criticize the rest of the media for being liberal. And the Right doesn't do this Media Matters/Jon Stewart/Rachel Maddow shit where they complain about FOX's influence while reporting on every fucking thing one of their reporters says. If you want FOX to stop being so influential, I don't know, try finding something else to talk about other than FOX!

People throw around the term "propaganda" like it's a bad word. It would be if everybody else was simply reporting the news as professionally and forthrightly as possible. But I'd rather take FOX's "propaganda" than MSNBC's "whistleblowing" any day. I'd rather a commentator put their views and beliefs on display and I decide whether I agree or not than have a commentator sit around for an hour talking about how the other guy is full of shit without getting around to why we should be listening to them. Tingles, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Lawrence O'Donnell, Dylan Ratigan...all these people spend most of their time complaining about Republicans, FOX News, and on occasion, they chide Democrats for not fighting them hard enough. Where in their commentary do they go into their beliefs and their opinions? That's why MSNBC is "the place for politics". It's open-ended, because they don't offer anything but political gamesmanship.

Last edited:
Be that as it may..it wasn't MSNBC that was egging us on. And in fact..it was Keith Olbermann that was one of the biggest critics of the war.

This is the same Olberman who got so crazy that MSNBC fired him...

I mean, how fucking crazy to you have to be to get fired from MSNBC?

Well, at least they didn't give him the Howard Beale Treatment.

network-1976--01-645-75.jpg

He got fired because he wouldn't stop picking on Glenn Beck.

Who coincidently..got fired as well. But that was because advertisers were fleeing his show.

I heard it was because he was a complete prima donna who insisted on doing his own thing instead of the show the people who were paying the bills wanted.

Again. Kind of like Howard.

"This is the story of Howard Beale. The first man killed for bad ratings."

I think their distortion makes anyone who watches these networks on a daily basis terribly misinformed about contemporary issues in America.

Am I wrong?

BONUS: Who is more biased: Fox News or MSNBC?

Research was done a a UCLA Prof of all the major news networks.

In the end, FOX was 1% to the right, CNN was 15-20% to the left in thier bias.

MSN was the furthest to the left of all in the review.

Take that for what it's worth, and understand that the people that scream "FOX lies!" are themselves, lying.

That study is from 2004. It's a little dated don't you think? As for the "news" at all three...they are pretty much the same...except that Fox bots can't help commenting on the news...with a decidedly right wing spin.

Television news is only good for two things...traffic and weather.

It's from 2008, and the same people are still doing the news.

So, again, the left lies about the "decidedly right wing spin", every time they say it, b/c it's been PROVEN that all the rest are far to the left.

Try to understand, what you have been fed has been lefty spin your entire life, and you suck it up w/o any thought that it could be bullshit. so when you watch FOX, a nearly balanced network, it looks like right wing spin, when in reality, it is not.

Research was done a a UCLA Prof of all the major news networks.

In the end, FOX was 1% to the right, CNN was 15-20% to the left in thier bias.

MSN was the furthest to the left of all in the review.

Take that for what it's worth, and understand that the people that scream "FOX lies!" are themselves, lying.

That study is from 2004. It's a little dated don't you think? As for the "news" at all three...they are pretty much the same...except that Fox bots can't help commenting on the news...with a decidedly right wing spin.

Television news is only good for two things...traffic and weather.

It's from 2008, and the same people are still doing the news.

So, again, the left lies about the "decidedly right wing spin", every time they say it, b/c it's been PROVEN that all the rest are far to the left.

Try to understand, what you have been fed has been lefty spin your entire life, and you suck it up w/o any thought that it could be bullshit. so when you watch FOX, a nearly balanced network, it looks like right wing spin, when in reality, it is not.

Someone on the far left is going to view fox as right wing spin just like people on the far right think CNN is left wing spin....while everyone knows MSNBC is unabashedly liberal in their presentation of hard news.

...owned by special interest groups. Y do U think our USA has been involved in perpetual war since 1916???

FOX egged on the war with Iraq.

MSNBC has done no such thing.

Are you really that blind? or do you just refuse to admit the Truth? MSNBC is every Bit as Biased, dishonest, and unreliable as FOX. They simply skew their news in the Opposite Direction than FOX does.

MSNBC is much worse than Fox, and it's not even close!

Fox is better than CNN too.,

GE/NBC for sure but Fox not so much. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt this President's "Jobs Czar?" Yea nothing too shady about that. This GE/NBC close relationship with this White House should probably be investigated. How much Taxes does GE pay again?

Forum List

Back