Are Fox News and MSNBC irresponsible news networks?

Which network is more biased: Fox News or MSNBC?

• Fox News

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • MSNBC

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Equally

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
I think their distortion makes anyone who watches these networks on a daily basis terribly misinformed about contemporary issues in America.

Am I wrong?

BONUS: Who is more biased: Fox News or MSNBC?

I can point to at least 10 major lies by Fox right off the bat.

Please name an MSNBC lie.

That they are on the air at all with their ratings is the biggest ..
how you think they do that?

I think their distortion makes anyone who watches these networks on a daily basis terribly misinformed about contemporary issues in America.

Am I wrong?

I can point to at least 10 major lies by Fox right off the bat.

Please name an MSNBC lie.

That they are on the air at all with their ratings is the biggest ..
how you think they do that?

They couldn't exist without GE's deep deep pockets. They really are a sham.

Am I wrong?

MSNBC is a joke and a lying news network which progressive hosts used to slander the right.

Fox News is WAY more information based than MSNBC...

I don't watch much TV anymore but I did several years ago and was a big Tucker Carlson fan when he had his show on MSNBC..... Of course he was replaced with Rachel Maddow which whom Tucker had on frequently as a guest...

Funny how Fox News didn't hire Tucker Carlson when he got the boot for a lesbian but they hired Juan Williams?

I suppose I have no evidence to say Fox News didn't try to hire Tucker but if they didn't they should have...

For the record I believe all media is biased, however Fox News is the most accurate and objective source... I still don't watch it though - I prefer to read my news...

Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze Is certainly one of the best news sites around. They do nothing but quote and post videos as citations of their assertions. They never do "op-ed" they just report the facts via video or document.

The best part about the blaze is that they pickup the REAL stories other media outlets are too pussy shit to pick up because they're busy championing political candidates or ideologies...

Last edited:
Not sure...........but can anybody tell me why the MSNBC weekday evening anchors are always so angry and miserable?

I always think of the far left as being angry and miserable. Ever see a happy one who isn't foaming at the mouth?

Am I wrong?

Can't say...I don't watch Fox and only watch Morning Joe on MSNBC. Both are equally troublesome that they don't define what is commentary and what is news.

I miss the old Headline News model where they had news 24/7.

Go to the AP for news, TV is now for entertainment.

Fox news reports on the bills being passed in the House and Senate and gives you the bill numbers so that you can go to thomas.gov and check them out for yourself.
C-Span and FOX are the only ones who do this.
None of the other news networks do that, they just tell you about them.
Most mainstream news gives you what they want to tell us of the news, not the complete information, like FOX does.

Fox news reports on the bills being passed in the House and Senate and gives you the bill numbers so that you can go to thomas.gov and check them out for yourself.
C-Span and FOX are the only ones who do this.
None of the other news networks do that, they just tell you about them.
Most mainstream news gives you what they want to tell us of the news, not the complete information, like FOX does.

Oh I forgot to mention I watch a lot of C-SPAN when I do watch TV..

I have two channels where I'm at. One for the House and one for the Senate. When they're in session I try to watch.

It can be very interesting and funny at times... It's interesting hearing our representatives talk, then the next day you have the media spinning everything.

On May 1, 2011, overzealous (and wishfully thinking?) Fox news reporter Will Thomas in Washington DC erroneously proclaimed that President Barack Obama had died -- when it was really Osama bin Laden who had died. Obama, Osama, similar enough, that'd understandable in what was probably a stressful news day, but to go ahead and say the full name Barack Obama is a little much.

Fox used a picture of Tina Fey posing as the ex-governor instead of the real deal during a report about the possibility of Palin running for the 2012 presidential bid.

Defending the now-infamous spraying of University of California Davis students by a police officer in a November, 2011 protest, Fox News host Megyn Kelly inaccurately described pepper spray as a "food product, essentially."

Palin went on to Fox News and declared that yes, in addition to warning the Colonists with those famous words, "The British are Coming! The British are Coming!" Paul Revere had also gone around to the British folk who were already here to warn them that their efforts would be futile.

In 2009, Fox placed replaced Egypt with Syria. In 2010, they put Sydney on the wrong side of Australia. And then true to form, in 2011 Fox managed to mistake a nightclub for a nuclear power plant on their map of Japan.

"During the 11AM hour on MSNBC, we reported on a blog item that compared a phrase used by the Romney campaign to one used by the KKK in the 1920s," Chris Matthews said on Wednesday. "It was irresponsible and incendiary of us to do this and showed an appalling lack of judgment. We apologize, we really do, to the Romney campaign."

If that's the case, then President George W. Bush did it, too, said liberal talk show host Rachel Maddow of MSNBC. She said the Bush administration frequently excluded liberal columnists and talk show hosts from meetings Bush held with conservative media.

• On Aug 26, 2004, Bush gave a half-hour interview to the New York Times as he campaigned through New Mexico. Bush told the newspaper that he did not believe Sen. John Kerry lied about his war record, as some groups alleged during the campaign.

This list would be endless from selective editing to the numerous number of on-air apologies issued by everyone from Matthews, Hannity, Bill O, and others, this pattern suggests that these networks are only interested in the agenda in which they wish to promote. To even suggest that Fox or MSNBC are news organizations other than what they are, which is opinion based entertainment is to really discredit all the hardworking independent journalist out there who really are interested in gathering the news rather than reading it and and giving you their opinion on it, even if that opinion has been edited, or is a misrepresentation of fact.

Am I wrong?

MSNBC is a joke and a lying news network which progressive hosts used to slander the right.

I don't watch much TV anymore but I did several years ago and was a big Tucker Carlson fan when he had his show on MSNBC..... Of course he was replaced with Rachel Maddow which whom Tucker had on frequently as a guest...

Funny how Fox News didn't hire Tucker Carlson when he got the boot for a lesbian but they hired Juan Williams?

I suppose I have no evidence to say Fox News didn't try to hire Tucker but if they didn't they should have...

For the record I believe all media is biased, however Fox News is the most accurate and objective source... I still don't watch it though - I prefer to read my news...

Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze Is certainly one of the best news sites around. They do nothing but quote and post videos as citations of their assertions. They never do "op-ed" they just report the facts via video or document.

The best part about the blaze is that they pickup the REAL stories other media outlets are too pussy shit to pick up because they're busy championing political candidates or ideologies...

FAUX Nooze is "fact based"? Really?

They then asked a series of factual questions about the major events of the last year, from the "Arab Spring" to the Republican race for president.

For example, respondents were first asked whether, to the best of their knowledge, opposition groups in Egypt had been successful in bringing down the Mubarak regime.

Among NPR listeners, 68% correctly said they had been; only 49% of Fox News viewers answered correctly. In fact, the survey found, Fox viewers were 18 percentage points less likely to answer correctly than those who watched no news at all.

"The results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don't watch any news at all," said Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson.

Those who watched Sunday public affairs shows tended to be the best informed on current events, the survey found. Readers of national newspapers also were more likely to respond correctly.

And it seems Jon Stewart may be more reliable than cable news anchors. On Occupy Wall Street, the survey found viewers of "The Daily Show" were 12 percentage points more likely to say protesters were predominantly Democratic. MSNBC viewers were the most likely to say the protesters were mainly Republicans.

"Jon Stewart has not spent a lot of time on some of these issues. But the results show that when he does talk about something, his viewers pick up a lot more information than they would from other sources," Cassino said.

Fox News viewers less informed about current events, poll shows - Los Angeles Times

Am I wrong?

FAUX Nooze is "fact based"? Really?

They then asked a series of factual questions about the major events of the last year, from the "Arab Spring" to the Republican race for president.

For example, respondents were first asked whether, to the best of their knowledge, opposition groups in Egypt had been successful in bringing down the Mubarak regime.

Among NPR listeners, 68% correctly said they had been; only 49% of Fox News viewers answered correctly. In fact, the survey found, Fox viewers were 18 percentage points less likely to answer correctly than those who watched no news at all.

"The results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don't watch any news at all," said Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson.

Those who watched Sunday public affairs shows tended to be the best informed on current events, the survey found. Readers of national newspapers also were more likely to respond correctly.

And it seems Jon Stewart may be more reliable than cable news anchors. On Occupy Wall Street, the survey found viewers of "The Daily Show" were 12 percentage points more likely to say protesters were predominantly Democratic. MSNBC viewers were the most likely to say the protesters were mainly Republicans.

"Jon Stewart has not spent a lot of time on some of these issues. But the results show that when he does talk about something, his viewers pick up a lot more information than they would from other sources," Cassino said.

Fox News viewers less informed about current events, poll shows - Los Angeles Times

You people just can't get enough of posting that stupid article..as if it means something. and from a rag that is just as bad as Pmsnbc..

The only good thing about FOX is Judge Napolitano's "Freedom Watch" show...and that's not even on the regular FOX News channel, it's on FOX Business.

Stossel and the Judge have great shows on Fox Business. 'The Five' is also pretty good on Fox News. But i like 'Red Eye' the most. That show is hilarious.

The only good thing about FOX is Judge Napolitano's "Freedom Watch" show...and that's not even on the regular FOX News channel, it's on FOX Business.

Huge fan....

I always miss his show tho. I'm always busy on the weekends. :lol:

Many upload clips and full episodes online tho so at least I get a chance hear/watch him.

He's the type of guy we need on the supreme court.

Huge fan....

I always miss his show tho. I'm always busy on the weekends. :lol:

Many upload clips and full episodes online tho so at least I get a chance hear/watch him.

He's the type of guy we need on the supreme court.

The Judge is on every night at the same time that O'Reilly is.

FOX egged on the war with Iraq.

MSNBC has done no such thing.

MSNBC egged on craven surrender at every oppurtunity. After it started.

Fact is, all the news media breathelessly ran "Saddam is Evil" stories in the runup to the war. They all happily told us what a monster Uday was and how the poor Iraqi people were suffering.

The only thing Fox did differently was that when the rest of the media turned against the war, they were for finishing what we started.

Be that as it may..it wasn't MSNBC that was egging us on. And in fact..it was Keith Olbermann that was one of the biggest critics of the war.

I wonder if Keith OlberDouche was as critical of the war after Obama became President.

Am I wrong?

Research was done a a UCLA Prof of all the major news networks.

In the end, FOX was 1% to the right, CNN was 15-20% to the left in thier bias.

MSN was the furthest to the left of all in the review.

Take that for what it's worth, and understand that the people that scream "FOX lies!" are themselves, lying.

6596173675_9bea3dede1_o.jpg

"Of the three main cable news networks, Fox News is the only one that went down compared to their ratings in 2010. And a double-digit decline at that.

I see BOTH Fox News and MSNBC are losing viewership and CNN is gaining viewership and that makes sense.

It seems that people are getting sick of highly biased Cable News and are moving towards the least biased presentation. This shift mirrors the distaste most Americans have for the highly partisan environment in Washington. People are just sick of highly partisan bickering and partisan talking points which highlights both Fox News and MSNBC.

CNN 2011: A Year of Big News Events Drives Rebound
<snip>
Nielsen YTD-December 11, 2011 vs. same time period a year ago (12/27/10-12/11/11 vs. 12/28/09-12/12/10)

Primetime: CNN is up +30% (FNC down -16%, MSNBC up 2%)
CNN 2011: A Year of Big News Events Drives Rebound - TVNewser

Forum List

Back