Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

Are Fireworks Appropriate on Memorial Day?

• Total voters
Oh look, a bunch of anti-American douches whining that we dare to honor veterans with fireworks displays
Memorial Day is a two-fold celebration...we celebrate those fallen, but we also remember and celebrate the freedom that they defend. Across the country, marine corps bands will play at venues that end with fireworks.

Get the fuck over it. We're Americans. We're going to honor our veterans. We're proud of them, and when you're proud of something, you celebrate it.

Crawl back under your rocks now, you fucking whiny losers.

Now that this years Memorial Day has passed, can anyone provide a link to show an event where a Marine Corps band played and was followed by fireworks? Any event held by a county, state or organization that used fireworks?

In San Francisco, a ceremony at the National Cemetery in the Presidio is marked the 50th anniversary of the escalation of the Vietnam War.

Great America in Santa Clara honored veterans in a ceremony at 9:45 a.m., followed by a barbecue and fireworks.

One of the oldest ceremonies in the Bay Area took place at Oak Hill Memorial Park in San Jose.

Memorial Day Ceremonies Honor Veterans Across the Bay Area | NBC Bay Area

Oh look, a bunch of anti-American douches whining that we dare to honor veterans with fireworks displays
Memorial Day is a two-fold celebration...we celebrate those fallen, but we also remember and celebrate the freedom that they defend. Across the country, marine corps bands will play at venues that end with fireworks.

Get the fuck over it. We're Americans. We're going to honor our veterans. We're proud of them, and when you're proud of something, you celebrate it.

Now that this years Memorial Day has passed, can anyone provide a link to show an event where a Marine Corps band played and was followed by fireworks? Any event held by a county, state or organization that used fireworks?

A Memorial Day concert will be held Sunday from 5-10 p.m. at Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney. The event will benefit a Veteran who is a double amputee and needs a wheelchair accessible home. Brett Michaels will be the headliner with several local acts following. There will also be military flyovers, a presentation of colors and fireworks. The concert is free but donations will be collected and raffle tickets will be sold to raise money.

Read more: Memorial Day events to honor fallen heroes - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 8 p.m.
LOCATED AT UNION STATION
Pershing & Main, Kansas City MO
Kansas City Symphony
Michael Stern, music director
Special Guests:
The Texas Tenors
General Richard B. Myers
Jim Birdsall
U.S. Air Force Band of Mid-America Brass Ensemble
Staff Sergeant Albert Williams, soloist

Missouri Army National Guard, Battery D, "Truman's Own"
The US Army Color Guard Supported by the Liberty Recruiting Company
The Navy Operational Support Center Kansas City Honor Guard
Whiteman AFB Base Honor Guard Team from Whiteman AFB, MO
Presentation of the Colors by the 9th Marine Corps Recruiting District
The Coast Guard Pay and Personnel Center Color Guard in Topeka, KS
Bank of America Celebration at the Station is the largest FREE Memorial Day Weekend event in the Midwest. The Kansas City Symphony, led by Music Director Michael Stern, performs patriotic favorites against the backdrop of Kansas City's historic Union Station. The event concludes with the most blazing fireworks display of the year! The Kansas City Symphony is grateful to Bank of America for making this gift to our city possible. Coolers, blankets and lawnchairs welcome! Please no glass containers or pets.

https://www.kcsymphony.org/Celebration

In San Francisco, a ceremony at the National Cemetery in the Presidio is marked the 50th anniversary of the escalation of the Vietnam War.

Great America in Santa Clara honored veterans in a ceremony at 9:45 a.m., followed by a barbecue and fireworks.

One of the oldest ceremonies in the Bay Area took place at Oak Hill Memorial Park in San Jose.

Memorial Day Ceremonies Honor Veterans Across the Bay Area | NBC Bay Area

You are not providing any links or information in regards to fireworks on Memorial Day, which was the 26th. Official Memorial Day is always the last Monday in May. We traditionally celebrate the beginning of summer with Memorial Day weekend with the secondary thought being that it is the lead in to our day of remembering those who have fallen while serving to protect us and our nation. A tradition has evolved over the years that bring about remembrance for veterans in general and demonstrations of support for veterans during the weekend, particularly on the Sunday preceding Memorial Day. Memorial day specifically has never been a day of celebration and has always been treated as a somber day of reflection and respect.

Perhaps you did not understand my post asking for links in regards to Memorial Day, not Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:
quit whining folks all across this country

witnessed fireworks displays on this Memorial weekend

--LOL

"
In Slidell, the Marine Band New Orleans performed a free concert at Northshore Harbor Center.​
Along the riverfront in New Orleans, a fireworks show ended the Memorial Day fun...."

Read more: Memorial Day Events Continue into the Evening | WGNO

Wolf Trap:

Last edited by a moderator:

"
In Slidell, the Marine Band New Orleans performed a free concert at Northshore Harbor Center.​
Along the riverfront in New Orleans, a fireworks show ended the Memorial Day fun...."

Wolf Trap:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-krdW0w_cE]Memorial Day at Wolf Trap - YouTube[/ame]

This was held on Sunday the 25th, not Memorial DAY, but you did find that one in Slidell where a commercial shopping area gave a fireworks display as a separate event after the Marine Corps band played.

We didn't have any last night. I thought they usually did on Memorial Day.

I believe you and many others are mistaken. So far we know of only one such event where a fireworks display was given on Memorial Day. So, is this a potential trend and the trashing of yet another long American tradition? Or is it just a fluke where a commercial enterprise has devised a scheme to get a few more hours of profits and business?

We didn't have any last night. I thought they usually did on Memorial Day.

I believe you and many others are mistaken. So far we know of only one such event where a fireworks display was given on Memorial Day. So, is this a potential trend and the trashing of yet another long American tradition? Or is it just a fluke where a commercial enterprise has devised a scheme to get a few more hours of profits and business?

I was prepared to show you videos and pictures of the fireworks at the National Memorial Day concert held on the Mall. I was sure I saw fireworks while watching the concerts both in person once and on television over the years.

I was quite happy to not see one; not a single picture of the Memorial day concert with fireworks.

"

Wolf Trap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-krdW0w_cE"]Memorial Day at Wolf Trap - YouTube[/ame]

This was held on Sunday the 25th, not Memorial DAY, but you did find that one in Slidell where a commercial shopping area gave a fireworks display as a separate event after the Marine Corps band played.

It's a Memorial Day celebration, by the President's Own marine corps band...the tribute to fallen veterans (which is what the performance is) is followed by a fireworks display.

Again..fireworks are a way to honor/celebrate the sacrifices...I mean, fourth of July celebrates the declaration of WAR against our sovereign.

In other words...the pissing and moaning over fireworks is just another leftist attempt to prevent celebration of our heroes...who are heroes who fought and died in wars against oppressive regimes.

Why on earth would they be motivated to discourage that?

I wonder! They want an unarmed, silent populace who does NOT recognize or celebrate men and women who took up arms against tyrants. Hmmmm...

Yeah, I'm sure the vets suffering from PTSD get a real kick out of such things.

Well I'd expect that sort of response from a bleeding heart Lib but I think the bulk of Americans are still patriotic and choose to honor our armed forces in a more traditional, American fashion.
You don't "honor" the dead by blowing shit up, that's how many of them got dead.

Do you go to a grave-site and set off fireworks? Same thing little moron.

And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air

Just sayin

And in my experience of fireworks displays and celebrations..the vfw is almost ALWAYS involved in the actual fireworks management. Who else would you want to set off the big boom booms?

VETERANS!

So I wonder...would the progressive douchbags also like us to cease and desist with Memorial Day PARADES? In which the military (usually retired) contingent always plays a big part.

How about picnics? Are we to be banned from having picnics?

Swimming? My family (including 5 + veterans) used to gather every memorial day, after tending family graves the day before or earlier in the day. They gathered on the private beach of a lake. There was beer ad whisky, lots and lots of amazing food, lots of kids, and swimming. Regardless of the weather.

Would that be considered *tasteless*? We would spend the day talking about a variety of things..including the conflicts in which our veterans served and the people who had died.

Should that be banned too?

Never mind, I know the answer these yahoos would provide.

They don't want us to set off fireworks for the same reason they don't want us to bear arms. They don't want us to celebrate any sort of rising up against tyrants.

"

Wolf Trap:

Memorial Day at Wolf Trap - YouTube

It's a Memorial Day celebration, by the President's Own marine corps band...the tribute to fallen veterans (which is what the performance is) is followed by a fireworks display.

Again..fireworks are a way to honor/celebrate the sacrifices...I mean, fourth of July celebrates the declaration of WAR against our sovereign.

In other words...the pissing and moaning over fireworks is just another leftist attempt to prevent celebration of our heroes...who are heroes who fought and died in wars against oppressive regimes.

I wonder! They want an unarmed, silent populace who does NOT recognize or celebrate men and women who took up arms against tyrants. Hmmmm...

You are an idiot that refuses to admit a mistake. What day did this event occur? Was it Memorial Day? No, it was the day before Memorial Day. You found one event where a commercial enterprise not connected in anyway with the Marine Corps Band performance at a specific venue put on a fireworks display at a different venue and location. It was put on by Riverwalk, a complex of Outlet stores along the river, not the location where the Marine Corps Band performed. One event in the entire nation. Why are you being so stubborn about this?

Last edited:
Is fried chicken on memorial day an un-fitting way to observe the day?

how about we don black hoodies and outlaw SMILING?

You are an idiot that refuses to admit a mistake. What day did this event occur? Was it Memorial Day? No, it was the day before Memorial Day. You found one event where a commercial enterprise not connected in anyway with the Marine Corps Band performance at a specific venue put on a fireworks display at a different venue and location. It was put on by Riverwalk, a complex of Outlet stores along the river. One event in the entire nation. Why are you being so stubborn about this?

I didn't make a mistake. Nothing personal, but you can tantrum away, I don't care. It's a Memorial Day Celebration. That's what it's called. That's what it is.

Moron. I'm not making a mistake, you're just irreversibly stupid. The fact that you think you're making some sort of point proves it.

Ya, you made a mistake and you know it. That is why you are back peddling with the family get to-gathers and parades and all the other activities we have always done to commemorate Memorial Day deflections and distractions. You want to bury your stupidity about your dumb ass idea of having a big blast of a celebration on the day set aside for respectful and appropriate remembrance. If you are right and have not made a mistake, why don't we have these fireworks celebrations all over the country on the actual official Memorial Day? Has the entire nation been wrong ever since Memorial Day was begun, and you and a dozen posters on this site are right? You see yourself as more knowledgeable than the entire country and it's past generations?
Just admit you haven't a clue about how to show respect and remembrance for those who gave their lives for us, or admit it isn't worth your effort.

Forum List

Back