Are fat men more trustworthy?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Male political candidates looking for an edge should hit their local Dairy Queen. Female pols would be better off hitting the gym. Researchers found that pudgy male politicos are considered more reliable, honest and even more inspiring than their thinner counterparts.

For female pols, thin is still in, according to a new study.

"A candidate's physical appearance plays a greater role in evaluation than we have thought in the past," said Dr. Elizabeth Miller," a political scientist at the University of Missouri and co-author of the study. Miller's findings were affirmed in at least one recent election.

In the runup to New Jersey's gubernatorial election last fall, incumbent Jon Corzine released ads that appeared to highlight rival Chris Christie's considerable girth.

Christie went on to trample the less hefty Corzine, anyway.

Read more: New study shows heavy male politicians considered more reliable, honest than thinner counterparts

Best spin of the year. Chris Christie beat Jon Corzine because of his size. Cracks me up.

Actually there might be something to this, although I doubt it's decided any elections. Don't we tend to have an image of the jolly fat Santa, as opposed to the skinny Grinch?

I'd say if anything, the attitude displayed by "highlighting" Christie's size would have put off a lot of voters who love their doughnuts.

Yes, the personal attacks backfired. But the people of NJ would have elected ANYONE but Corzine.

I don't know. Maybe the prez should start packing on the pounds. People are losing trust. lol

Don't know how they screwed that study up so bad. Check out the poll on the same page as the article and it's 60% no, size doesn't matter to 29%, yes it does.

I think it's a crock.

Forum List

Back