Are Americans Really Starving?

In the US, the figure is about 17 MILLION.

Why does the right lie about that?

The only one lying here is you.

The number of people who died in 2013 in America of hunger is so low the gov't doesn't even keep stats on it.

MALNUTRITION DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

Death rate per 100,000 citizens:

United States: 1.0

Damn, we starving to death and dropping like flies ain't we?

Last edited:
Super obesity as the guy in the pic raises an ethical question: if having too many kids is an ethical issue, isn't being too fat as well? If eating the portion of food of many people, isn't that akin to having too many kids?

Too many kids is an economic & crime issue. Being fat is a personal issue that will take YEARS off of your life.

Both are personal choices
We are all on the same planet.

A morbidly obese person is dooming a dozen kids in Africa to death by starvation.
That was...sarcasm, right?
Hyperbole.

Get a fuckin' edumacation.

Did you know Hillary's thighs represent 80,000 starving Ethiopians?

What do you call an Ethiopian taking a shit in the middle of the street?
A show off!!

What do you call an Ethiopian with 2 dogs?
A rancher!

Here about the Ethiopian soccer match?
Final score- 8 none

47 million fucking people are on food stamps. How the fuck are they living in food-insecure households? What the hell is that anyway? Food insecure? WTF?? They get free food, I have to pay for mine. My house is fucking food insecure then. It's not given to me.

47 million fucking people are on food stamps. How the fuck are they living in food-insecure households? What the hell is that anyway? Food insecure? WTF?? They get free food, I have to pay for mine. My house is fucking food insecure then. It's not given to me.
I am food insecure all the time.

Right now I need milk for my coffee, and realized I had used the last of the canned milk.

Food is the last thing in the budget.

If I got food stamps, I'd weigh 250 instead of 180.

Mostly this myth is pushed by feedingamerica.org a group that, like any global warming "cause" solicits funding by getting people to believe a myth.

fat_people_on_scooters_171.jpg

You've seen the billboards, heard the radio ads, and seen it on television, this myth that 40 million Americans are going hungry, that millions of children are hungry. And the figures used roughly assimilate to the food stamp and school lunch program rolls, as if anyone who's on food stamps or any child eating a federally subsidized school lunch is starving.

The last time we ever had a genuine problem with starvation is when there was a rash of food shortages affecting the people of the Appalachian Mountains, a problem that was quickly rectified over 20 years ago. It's not like starvation can't happen, it's that in this land of largess and abundance, it's exceptionally rare, nigh to being a non existent issue.

So why is this lie so successful? Could it be because Gruber is right, the American public truly is stupid and prone to believe anything?

There are over 5,000,000 Children who go to bed hungry every night....your all about the Right Life Right?
Maybe so, but they are not in the US.

Roadrunner
In the US, the figure is about 17 MILLION.

Why does the right lie about that?

Wow, 17 million??

Where are they all? I would think the streets would be running with them, naked and with distended bellies and ribs showing. How did I miss 17 million starving children? Why aren't they on CNN, the same network that informed us of starvation in Ethiopia? Please, you have to show me pictures of all these starving children, because most of the ones I see look like Honey Boo Boo. I'm begging you...alleviate my ignorance!

saintmichaeldefendthem

Looks like you're one of those slimy fake christians who hate children.

If I'm wrong, I apologize but that's the way your posts STINK.

Disgusting.

I am food insecure all the time.

Right now I need milk for my coffee, and realized I had used the last of the canned milk.

Food is the last thing in the budget.

If I got food stamps, I'd weigh 250 instead of 180.

Anyone who thinks that RW give a flying fuck about a hungry child need only to read posts like this.

Betcha both these sorry SOBs are anti-abortion AND call themselves "christians".

Super obesity as the guy in the pic raises an ethical question: if having too many kids is an ethical issue, isn't being too fat as well? If eating the portion of food of many people, isn't that akin to having too many kids?

Too many kids is an economic & crime issue. Being fat is a personal issue that will take YEARS off of your life.

A morbidly obese person is dooming a dozen kids in Africa to death by starvation.
Hyperbole.

A show off!!

A rancher!

Final score- 8 none

Note that this thread is about Americans going hungry but since one of the board's most scummy slime thinks that hungry children is funny -

Zander

A video just for you -

I trust you will enjoy the hell out of watching babies suffer.

(I really really REALLY despise that human beings are capable of becoming such hateful RWs as the bunch who post here.)

saintmichaeldefendthem

Looks like you're one of those slimy fake christians who hate children.

If I'm wrong, I apologize but that's the way your posts STINK.

Disgusting.

I hate children? That's news to the 4 that I'm raising right now.

I do find it entertaining how the Left shamelessly says anyone who disagrees with them hates children (and puppy dogs too). "It's for the children. You don't hate children.......do you?"

You people are so mired in your own bullshit you can't even smell it anymore.

You try to tell me America has a problem with starving kids and then once proven that you lied and made it up you then post shit about kids in Africa? Make up ya mind.

saintmichaeldefendthem
What? You don't have Google on your version of the internet?
Its actually about 16 million.
I don't know why the link isn't showing but -
Child Hunger Poverty Fact Sheeting Feeding America
Child Hunger Fact Sheet
Good nutrition, particularly in the first three years of life, is important for establishing a good foundation that has implications for a child’s future physical and mental health, academic achievement, and economic productivity. Unfortunately, food insecurity is an obstacle that threatens that critical foundation. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 15.8 million children under 18 in the United States live in households where they are unable to consistently access enough nutritious food necessary for a healthy life. Although food insecurity is harmful to any individual, it can be particularly devastating among children due to their increased vulnerability and the potential for long-term consequences.
Feeding America addresses child hunger through two national programs:
Kids Cafe
Back Pack Program
Food Insecurity

That’s food insecure NOT hungry. There is a massive difference. The term food insecure is now used because the obvious fallacy that so many are 'starving' here. The cold hard fact is that no one is actually starving in the US. Starving is a horrible condition to be in. Such horror is seen throughout the world and it is the apex of asshattery to describe what happens here as even remotely similar let alone use the same term to describe it.
Food insecure is:
lacking reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
The KEY to that statement is obvious - NUTRITIOUS. We do not, and have not had for a VERY long time, a problem with access to food. Instead, we have a problem with piss poor decision making. Parents reach for the Mac and Cheese rather than the spaghetti noodles that they actually have to cook and prepare a decent meal for their children. The truly pathetic thing is that any reform of SNAP is treated immediately as though it is sacred and untouchable. There have been dozens of threads here pointing out the asinine foods that you can acquire with snap and those on the left CONTINUALLY defend the 'right' of those people to take our money and spend it as they please.
SNAP should be run as WIC is. Actual food rather than a cash program. Healthy food.
School lunch programs, OTOH, actually make some sense. Schools should not be feeding children garbage food. That is a local issue though – something that we should all be addressing as a community. The federal government has no place in this area.

Hyperbole.

A show off!!

A rancher!

Final score- 8 none

Note that this thread is about Americans going hungry but since one of the board's most scummy slime thinks that hungry children is funny -

Zander

A video just for you -

(I really really REALLY despise that human beings are capable of becoming such hateful RWs as the bunch who post here.)

Poor Puddly. He's so sensitive to the suffering of others that whenever he sees a hungry child, he grabs the wallet of the nearest person.

Fuck you Puddly.

I don't think they are starving, especially relative to some other countries where real starvation is a problem. In fact, I believe we are one of the fattest countries, so our problem is more of a junk food one, I think. People do not realize just how good the poor have it here in America.

Hyperbole.

A show off!!

A rancher!

Final score- 8 none

Zander

A video just for you -

This is not American children. No one is denying that children in African ARE starving. That is what REAL starvation looks like. How sad. Poor little things. We take better care of our poor than that. They have OPTIONS.

I don't think they are starving, especially relative to some other countries where real starvation is a problem. In fact, I believe we are one of the fattest countries, so our problem is more of a junk food one, I think. People do not realize just how good the poor have it here in America.
Evidenced by how they throw the word "poverty" around to describe people who have cars, running water, flush toilets, air conditioning, cell phones, and cable TV. I think that like Mormons, we should send our children out into the world at the cusp of adulthood so they can see how people live in real poverty. If instead of sending them to UCLA or Colorado State, we sent them to Sri Lanka to get a real education, they wouldn't come back and be whining about all the "poverty" in the U.S. We're a nation of spoiled rotten brats.

Evidenced by how they throw the word "poverty" around to describe people who have cars, running water, flush toilets, air conditioning, cell phones, and cable TV. I think that like Mormons, we should send our children out into the world at the cusp of adulthood so they can see how people live in real poverty. If instead of sending them to UCLA or Colorado State, we sent them to Sri Lanka to get a real education, they wouldn't come back and be whining about all the "poverty" in the U.S. We're a nation of spoiled rotten brats.

True that. Conditions in other countries are TERRIBLE compared to our living conditions. Americans don't know what real poverty and starvation looks like. If any child is going hungry and starving in America, then it is due to child abuse/neglect because the parents aren't spending the taxpayer funded "food stamps" on what they should be spending it on.

Mostly this myth is pushed by feedingamerica.org a group that, like any global warming "cause" solicits funding by getting people to believe a myth.

You've seen the billboards, heard the radio ads, and seen it on television, this myth that 40 million Americans are going hungry, that millions of children are hungry. And the figures used roughly assimilate to the food stamp and school lunch program rolls, as if anyone who's on food stamps or any child eating a federally subsidized school lunch is starving.

The last time we ever had a genuine problem with starvation is when there was a rash of food shortages affecting the people of the Appalachian Mountains, a problem that was quickly rectified over 20 years ago. It's not like starvation can't happen, it's that in this land of largess and abundance, it's exceptionally rare, nigh to being a non existent issue.

So why is this lie so successful? Could it be because Gruber is right, the American public truly is stupid and prone to believe anything?

There is little excuse for anyone starving since food stamps are easy to get. If children are in school, they can get free breakfast, lunch and even take home dinner in many places. If parents are receiving aid for their children, like the free school meals, WIC and food stamps, the children should be well fed. Only parents with young children who aren't in school yet are in total control of feeding their children and if they aren't doing so, it's their fault. Most I know who receive WIC get more than what they need and they are always giving away the extra boxes of cereal they accumulate. Food stamps, if spent wisely, can go far but it means choosing the right foods in the store.

Usually we hear that kids are too fat and that's the reason why Michelle is having schools serve up skimpy meals. Food was reduced in schools, so why would they do that if some were starving.

Homeless people are often suffering from mental illness and may not seek help and that group is likely the ones in danger of not only starving, but literally freezing to death in cold months. There are soup kitchens, but if most of these people don't seek help then it's hard to do much for them.

Four Fact Sheets concerning hunger in the US.

Elderly

Rural

Latino

Children

If you don't like these fact sheets, you have Google to look for what you do like.

You vile, disgusting, fat ass, fake christian RWs can make jokes, laugh at hungry children, lie, pretend its not real, say they should eat bibles or that running water means they can't possibly be hungry but fact is, we do have hunger in the US.

Yes. But not from food or water. They are spiritually starving

So, when the morms go out to harass people, do they go to poor areas?

Nope.

Do morms go where the hungry people are?

Nope.

Do morms take food for hungery elders and children and handicapped and vets?

Nope.

Morms go where the money is.

The most you'll see morms do for the hungry is sit on their fat butts and lie about them on a message board.

Forum List

Back