April 2014: Democrats are winning the $$$ race right now

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This surprised me greatly.

Democratic Mega-Donors Dominate Super PAC Race As Republicans Hide In 'Dark Money'

As the U.S. heads into the third national election since the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, super PACs are still raking in the largest share of their contributions from those giving $500,000 or more. What's different this go-around is the sharp drop in the number of Republicans on the list of mega-donors.

Overall, the mega-donors, who gave $106 million through March 31, accounted for 61 percent of all contributions to super PACs this election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission filings analyzed by The Huffington Post.

But of these 62 donors, 42 gave to Democratic-aligned groups while just 18 gave to Republican-aligned groups. Another two donors contributed to nonpartisan super PACs.

The relative dearth of Republican mega-donors underscores the extent to which major conservative contributors have fled the realm of super PACs, whose donors must be disclosed, for the "dark money" world of political nonprofits.

There an interactive chart there and also some information over the dark-money pacs.

It surprised you that the DEM wing of the Plutocratic party gets money from rich people?

Really?

Why?

• Banned
It surprised you that the DEM wing of the Plutocratic party gets money from rich people?

Really?

Why?

No.

I surprised me that the DEMS are fundraising better than the GOP.

Dems have always gotten more money than Repubs.
Dems spend more than they raise all the time too.

That's not true. In the majority of Presidential elections in the last 50+ years, the GOP has outspent the DEMS, not the other way around.

Really?

Why?

No.

I surprised me that the DEMS are fundraising better than the GOP.

Not in the presidential elections of 1896 and 1902, when the three richest men in the US always backed the GOP until Teddy became president....and picked up on democratic populist ideology.

• Banned

Not in the presidential elections of 1896 and 1902, when the three richest men in the US always backed the GOP until Teddy became president....and picked up on democratic populist ideology.

Do you maybe mean 1904?

probably so, that's what you get when you post in between house cleaning...

• Banned

Really?

Why?

I think that the rightwingnuts in the GOP have given the business community a bit of a scare. They are percieved as being so focused on ideology that they would crash the economy simply to be ideologically pure. Bad for business is not a title you want to have hung on you when trying to wrangle some big donations from the business community.

Democratic Mega-Donors Dominate Super PAC Race As Republicans Hide In 'Dark Money'

As the U.S. heads into the third national election since the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling, super PACs are still raking in the largest share of their contributions from those giving $500,000 or more. What's different this go-around is the sharp drop in the number of Republicans on the list of mega-donors.

Overall, the mega-donors, who gave $106 million through March 31, accounted for 61 percent of all contributions to super PACs this election cycle, according to Federal Election Commission filings analyzed by The Huffington Post.

But of these 62 donors, 42 gave to Democratic-aligned groups while just 18 gave to Republican-aligned groups. Another two donors contributed to nonpartisan super PACs.

The relative dearth of Republican mega-donors underscores the extent to which major conservative contributors have fled the realm of super PACs, whose donors must be disclosed, for the "dark money" world of political nonprofits.

There an interactive chart there and also some information over the dark-money pacs.

Yep, the Democrat party is the party of the rich...there is no doubt of that.

the rich and caring ... willing to raise the minimum wage - for everyone.

Affordable Healthcare.

Really?

Why?

I think that the rightwingnuts in the GOP have given the business community a bit of a scare. They are percieved as being so focused on ideology that they would crash the economy simply to be ideologically pure. Bad for business is not a title you want to have hung on you when trying to wrangle some big donations from the business community.

When we reach the point in time when Republicans no longer have any chance of winning the White House, Congress, or the Senate, Democratic candidates will see a lot of money come in from conservatives. We are only ten to twenty years away from seeing the Republican Party completely implode.

Really?

Why?

When we reach the point in time when Republicans no longer have any chance of winning the White House, Congress, or the Senate, Democratic candidates will see a lot of money come in from conservatives. We are only ten to twenty years away from seeing the Republican Party completely implode.

Which is a shame, for we need a healthy, vibrant 2-or-more party system for good Democracy.

the rich and caring ... willing to raise the minimum wage - for everyone.

Affordable Healthcare.

Considering they OWN the damned companies I would they think they can UNILATERALLY raise the wages in THEIR companies....don't you? I mean c'mon, use some common sense here. If they cared about that, THEY WOULD HAVE ALLREADY DONE IT!

When the popularity of Obamacare grows to 60%.....well. You get the picture.

Forum List

Back