AP Poll: Americans high on Obama, direction of US

I was retorting with an adequate retort for what it was against. Have a problem with that? If you want to take up his "just cause" then provide evidence that Bush took so many vacations.

Sorry, homey, it doesn't work that way. You see, when you make an assertion and someone asks you to prove it and you then turn around and say "no, you prove me wrong" or "no, you prove it" what you are essentially saying is, "I can't back up what I just said" or in other words, "I'm talking out my ass and am desperately trying to deflect the fact that I just got busted with my pants down"

Thanks for playing though.

Rasmussen still has his disapproval rating at 44%. A few more months of a stale economy will likely bring that to 54%.

Here's the kicker...

Of course you have to go down to the 5th paragraph from the end to read...

Of those who say the country is on the right track in the AP-GfK poll, 73 percent are Democrats, 17 percent are independents and 10 percent are Republicans.

Is there any surprise there? What percentage of the 25% or so who thought Bush was doing a good by the end of his term were Democrats?

The AP-GfK poll suggests that 64 percent of the public approves of Obama's job performance,

That is pretty good, significantly higher than the % that voted for him.

... the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track. Not since January 2004, shortly after the capture of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, has an AP survey found more "right direction" than "wrong direction" respondents.

Given that he inhereted a huge recession and constant right wing attack by the conservative media and its followers, Obama's numbers at this juncture are good.

Thank you!!! Everyone loves to attack him without providing any intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing!!! The guy's been in office 100 days and the right is constantly calling him a failure!!!

Here's an idea...let's support our President because he IS our President and there's nothing that can be done about it for four years!! If you disagree with him, disagree with him without calling him names or making derogatory comments!! I think the majority of the right, not all, but most have no grounds for disapproval... they're just sore losers!!!

Obviously you weren't her the past 8 years when libs attacked Bush everyday... In fact they still attack him...

Here's the kicker...

Of those who say the country is on the right track in the AP-GfK poll, 73 percent are Democrats, 17 percent are independents and 10 percent are Republicans.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but it wasn't from the link to the article you posted.

The funny thing is that you are pretty close. This poll is so skewed that it makes the results complete bullshit. Actual percentages of those polled were as follows:

Democrats 36%
Republican 18%
Independents 26%
Other 19%
Unaccounted 1%

So, they interviewed twice as many Democrats as Republicans, and they somehow found 20% who either belong to an offwing party or just don't give a shit and never vote anyway. You know, the ones who can't even tell you who our current VP is. Next time, they should just poll some elementary school kids. It would probably be about as effective and accurate as this joke they put out.

Here's the kicker...

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but it wasn't from the link to the article you posted.

The funny thing is that you are pretty close. This poll is so skewed that it makes the results complete bullshit. Actual percentages of those polled were as follows:

Democrats 36%
Republican 18%
Independents 26%
Other 19%
Unaccounted 1%

So, they interviewed twice as many Democrats as Republicans, and they somehow found 20% who either belong to an offwing party or just don't give a shit and never vote anyway. You know, the ones who can't even tell you who our current VP is. Next time, they should just poll some elementary school kids. It would probably be about as effective and accurate as this joke they put out.

Hmm... I copied it straight from the article... They must have changed it....

When is this country going to be under Barry's presidency, and not the Bush presidency? All I here from the left is, Bush, Bush, Bush. Barry has been in office for 100 days, and it's still Bush, Bush, Bush. Just askin????

I guess his first 4 years will be a pass, because of Bush. The left talks about the right being a bunch of whiners? That is irony now isn't it? But, you guys whined for 8 years. Hard to let go, huh? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
When is this country going to be under Barry's presidency, and not the Bush presidency? All I here from the left is, Bush, Bush, Bush. Barry has been in office for 100 days, and it's still Bush, Bush, Bush. Just askin????

I guess his first 4 years will be a pass, because of Bush. The left talks about the right being a bunch of whiners? That is irony now isn't it? But, you guys whined for 8 years. Hard to let go, huh? :cuckoo:

I empathize. To this day I still here some guys talking about the "Clinton recession" of 2001.

Here's the kicker...

Is there any surprise there? What percentage of the 25% or so who thought Bush was doing a good by the end of his term were Democrats?

The AP-GfK poll suggests that 64 percent of the public approves of Obama's job performance,

... the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track. Not since January 2004, shortly after the capture of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, has an AP survey found more "right direction" than "wrong direction" respondents.

Given that he inhereted a huge recession and constant right wing attack by the conservative media and its followers, Obama's numbers at this juncture are good.

Thank you!!! Everyone loves to attack him without providing any intelligent and alternative solutions to the problems he's facing!!! The guy's been in office 100 days and the right is constantly calling him a failure!!!

Here's an idea...let's support our President because he IS our President and there's nothing that can be done about it for four years!! If you disagree with him, disagree with him without calling him names or making derogatory comments!! I think the majority of the right, not all, but most have no grounds for disapproval... they're just sore losers!!!

How does the treatment of Obama by the Right differ from the treatment of Bush by the Left? If anything, the Right seems to be talking about ideas and actions while the the Left just continuously attacked Bush.

Did anyone else wonder why the war in Iraq was Hell's own disaster in November and a pretty tidy little success in February?

What bothers me about obama is that he is supposed to be a genius in every way, much smarter than Bush and anyone else for that matter and yet the actual events reveal a different set of facts. Why are the facts not important?

Oh, well. You're doing a heck of a job, Timmy.

Here's the kicker...

BOTTOM LINE, so far, so good.

How many vacations had Bush taken at this point in his presidency?

You do know Bush broke the record for vacation days, right?

Very good point!!! Clinton spent 152 days on vacation during his two terms!!! Bush, had already tallied 250 days at a point in August of 2003!!!

kinda makes ya wonder how bush fucked things up so bad when he wasn't there.....as for clinton.......most of his "vacation" time was spent in the oval offfice with a nice cigar.....

Last edited:
BOTTOM LINE, so far, so good.

How many vacations had Bush taken at this point in his presidency?

You do know Bush broke the record for vacation days, right?

Why is it that every time we talk about Obama, you talk about Bush? If Obama's success is going to be measured on whether or not he can outperform Bush, it should be an easy task. Bush was horrible. But let's not kid ourselves, Obama is not much of an improvement.

Obama is a big improvement.

We are leaving Iraq, we aren't torturing people anymore, we are closing down Gitmo, we are re-regulating the markets, we are pumping money into the system to prevent deflation, we are starting clean energy programs, and we have an intelligent engaged president who presents a new face of America to the world.

Still in Iraq, 17,000 more troops in Afghanistan, intelligence has been weakened, were letting terrorists out to roam free, government controlling markets, spending money out the ass to ensure hyper inflation, gonna send energy costs sky high, and we have a teleprompter dependent clown who kisses other countries asses so America is now the face of crybaby apologists to the rest of the world.

Yeah, what a huge fucking improvement.......

[

Obviously you weren't her the past 8 years when libs attacked Bush everyday... In fact they still attack him...

What's up with this? It's like some kind of auto response thing. The Sun rises and the Democrats have to attack Bush. It's not a rational thing. It's not an intelligent thing. It's not even a politically profital thing to do. It's like they just can't stop themselves.

I don't get it.

Oh Brother--Bill Clinton & George Bush had an approval rating of 60% after their 1st 100 days also. What is astounding on this same board another poll showed Obama at 79% just 3 weeks ago!

Barack Obama has had more media coverage in his 1st 100 days than Clinton & Bush combined, so in theory he should have been much higher than 60%.

REAL CLEAR POLITICS--shows right track--wrong track
55% of Americans believe us to be on the WRONG track while
41% of Americans believe us to be on the right track.

I wouldn't refer to Obama having a 79% approval rating -- now down to 60% is good. Kind of like watching the BUBBLE burst. How low it goes from here, nobody knows.

Last edited:
Here's the kicker...

why are you liberals such hypocrites? the dems attacked bush during his first 100 days far worse than the republicans are criticizing obama, what you call attacks because you're so scared your boy is going to screw up MORE....

its like you guys have conveniently forgotten the last 8 years, bizzare

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YmQ5MGE3YmM3OThiYjVmOGM2OTJjMjMyMTM5MjU2YjQ=

None of us have forgotten the last eight years...

That is why we are so happy with Obama.

no, you only like him because he has a D next to his name...

he has continued some of bush's policies that you guys railed holy hell against bush for, unconstitutional etc...but obama continues them and sometimes it merely "upsets" you....other than that, you're silent

why are you liberals such hypocrites? the dems attacked bush during his first 100 days far worse than the republicans are criticizing obama, what you call attacks because you're so scared your boy is going to screw up MORE....

The Other Hundred Days - Jonah Goldberg - The Corner on National Review Online

FTR, this post misquotes me.

The Other Hundred Days - Jonah Goldberg - The Corner on National Review Online

FTR, this post misquotes me.

once the quoting gets messed up, it misattributes from there on. for example, now you're yurt.

Huh??? Closing gitmo? Maybe not getting us out of Iraq? Not any sooner than Bush would have and he's still planing on leaving a few combat troops there to "train Iraqi forces" even after the year and a half or whatever.

Do you leftist nit wits ever read anyhting or are you just a bunch of fricking parrots?

no, you only like him because he has a D next to his name...

he has continued some of bush's policies that you guys railed holy hell against bush for, unconstitutional etc...but obama continues them and sometimes it merely "upsets" you....other than that, you're silent

Obama has continued some of Bush's policies?

So what?

On the majority of issues they couldn't be more different.

Forum List

Back