AP: Obama is still more Popular than Bush after Katrina!

Ummmmmmmmm.....

As long as the damage he inflicted on the country and the world as a whole is still with us, Bush is not gone

Somebody asked Pelosi the other day, when will dems stop blaming Bush? and she said pretty much what you just wrote - when the problems he created are gone.

Which is not a bad answer politically, cuz it allows dems to lay everything at Bush's feet indefinitely. Being utterly, wholly and completely full of shit, they will.

A better question is, when will the electorate hold BO accountable? So far, the gulf problem hasn't hurt him. Neither did Obamacare. Dude can ride a bubble, can't he?

Rasmussen haters, take note, please, of today's report:

The president will deliver an Oval Office address to the nation as many in the chattering class suggest that the oil spill has hurt public perceptions of Obama. However, the numbers have remained constant for months and the Gulf oil spill has not yet had any impact on the president’s overall approval rating.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

People still blame Hoover for the Great Depression..

Bush gave us:

1. Two wars, one of which he lied to create a sense of immediate urgency

2. The largest economic collapse since the great depression

3. Torture and a denial of basic human rights

The stink of Bush will remain with us for another generation.....and yes we will continue to blame him

Nobody's perfect.

If your going to give blame for company's going overseas blame Clinton for NAFTA.

Where have you been for thelast 25 years? Reaganoics worked.

Do you know what NAFTA stands for? Over which seas did the jobs go?

We both no he's talking about sending manufacturing job to mexico. Maybe I should have said send jobs to other country's

No, I'm about certain he's talking about Asia, which is the far, faaaaaaaaaaaar bigger problem.

Bush gave us:

The stink of Bush will remain with us for another generation.....and yes we will continue to blame him

Bush gave us two wars?
Clinton on Iraq:
"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now -- a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction ready to use them or provide them to terrorists, drug traffickers or organized criminals who travel the world among us unnoticed.

If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program."

President Clinton
Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
February 17, 1998

"Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the price of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors; he will make war on his own people. And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them."

President Clinton
National Address from the Oval Office
December 16, 1998
Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike - December 16, 1998

"His regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region, and the security of all the rest of us.

What if he fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made?

Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction.

And some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

President Clinton
Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
February 17, 1998
Text Of Clinton Statement On Iraq - February 17, 1998

CNN: How did Hussein intend to use the weapon, once it was completed?

HAMZA: Saddam has a whole range of weapons of mass destruction, nuclear, biological and chemical. According to German intelligence estimates, we expect him to have three nuclear weapons by 2005. So, the window will close by 2005, and we expect him then to be a lot more aggressive with his neighbors and encouraging terrorism, and using biological weapons. Now he's using them through surrogates like al Qaeda, but we expect he'll use them more aggressively then.

Dr. Khidhir Hamza, former Iraqi Nuclear Scientist for 20 years
Interviewed on CNN
October 22, 2001
CNN.com - Khidhir Hamza: Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi weapons program - October 22, 2001

Ten years after the Gulf War and Saddam is still there and still continues to stockpile weapons of mass destruction. Now there are suggestions he is working with al Qaeda, which means the very terrorists who attacked the United States last September may now have access to chemical and biological weapons."

James P. Rubin, President Clinton's State Department spokesman
In a PBS documentary titled "Saddam's Ultimate Solution"
July 11, 2002
Saddam’s Ultimate Solution ~ Introduction | Wide Angle

He created the largest economic collaspe? No the democrats did that because they did not want to regulate their two pet projects Freddy and Fanny

Waterboarding is not torture. Using it saved lives.

I don't see Clinton advocating invasion in any of those quotes....did you leave that part out?

Waterboarding is not torture. Using it saved lives

Do we have a volunteer??? Its always easier for the person doing the torturing to claim it is not torture....ask the victims

This is all cut and paste from my post

What if he fails to comply, and we fail to act
If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond
If we fail to respond today
What do you think he was tring to say with these comments?
And also you said that Bush got us into Iraq because of a false danger. Sure does sound like clinton was singing the same tune.

Obama will never enjoy the popularity of George Bush

In the post 9-11 months, Bush enjoyed unprecidented support both within the US and around the world. By taking that good will and using it to impose simplistic, unilateral decisions in an attempt to create a Bush doctrine in the Islamic world........Bush managed to turn the whole world against the US and drive his own popularity down to 26%

And just how has Obama changed the Bush doctrine?

:)

peace

^I'm fairly Gah-Damned Certain you didn't Answer this Inconvenient Question...

peace...

We have far more jobs going to Mexico, at least I think we do.

How much stuff do you own that's made in China? How much in Mexico?

Not sure but I guess you are going to tell me.

Everything you own was made in China (or some other part of Asia), except food and maybe some other perishables.
[edit] That's not to be taken literally of course, if you look hard you'll find some American made stuff. I'm willing to bet you'd have a hard time finding anything Hecho in Mexico though.

Last edited:
How much stuff do you own that's made in China? How much in Mexico?

Everything you own was made in China (or some other part of Asia), except food and maybe some other perishables.
[edit] That's not to be taken literally of course, if you look hard you'll find some American made stuff. I'm willing to bet you'd have a hard time finding anything Hecho in Mexico though.

I have a few guns that were made right here in America. I have a truck that some of the parts was made in Mexico. A lot of clothing is made in Mexico.

Ummmmmmmmm.....

As long as the damage he inflicted on the country and the world as a whole is still with us, Bush is not gone

Somebody asked Pelosi the other day, when will dems stop blaming Bush? and she said pretty much what you just wrote - when the problems he created are gone.

Which is not a bad answer politically, cuz it allows dems to lay everything at Bush's feet indefinitely. Being utterly, wholly and completely full of shit, they will.

A better question is, when will the electorate hold BO accountable? So far, the gulf problem hasn't hurt him. Neither did Obamacare. Dude can ride a bubble, can't he?

Rasmussen haters, take note, please, of today's report:

The president will deliver an Oval Office address to the nation as many in the chattering class suggest that the oil spill has hurt public perceptions of Obama. However, the numbers have remained constant for months and the Gulf oil spill has not yet had any impact on the president’s overall approval rating.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

Bush gave us:

Exactly.

I have a few guns that were made right here in America. I have a truck that some of the parts was made in Mexico. A lot of clothing is made in Mexico.

I have a german car....lol

Obama will never enjoy the popularity of George Bush

In the post 9-11 months, Bush enjoyed unprecidented support both within the US and around the world. By taking that good will and using it to impose simplistic, unilateral decisions in an attempt to create a Bush doctrine in the Islamic world........Bush managed to turn the whole world against the US and drive his own popularity down to 26%

peace

peace...

Sorry pal, missed it first go round...

I agree with you. Obama was stuck with the Bush decisions to invade. Once you have created two unstable governments you can't just pull out without leaving two civil wars and a totally destabilized regions.

I supported Bush when he invaded Afghanistan....most of the world did
He lost my support as soon as he started talking about a second Iraq war......smae with most of the world

peace

peace...

I agree with you. Obama was stuck with the Bush decisions to invade. Once you have created two unstable governments you can't just pull out without leaving two civil wars and a totally destabilized regions.

He lost my support as soon as he started talking about a second Iraq war......smae with most of the world

Well, Obama shouldn't have Run on Ending Iraq and Closing Gitmo... And you should be taking him to Task for it, instead of Playing the "Inherited" Card.

As for Afghanistan/Iraq and World Opinion...

I don't Give a FUCK...

I Give a FUCK what our Elected Officials do, and what they did was Authorized the Invasion of Iraq for a LONG LIST of Reasons and Continue to this Day to Fund it...

That is with a 2/3 DemocRAT Controlled Government in the Form of the House and the Senate since 2006, and now a 3/3 Controlled Government for the last Year and a Half.

I am DONE with the "Inherited" Bullshit.

peace...

peace...

Well, Obama shouldn't have Run on Ending Iraq and Closing Gitmo... And you should be taking him to Task for it, instead of Playing the "Inherited" Card.

I don't Give a FUCK...

I Give a FUCK what our Elected Officials do, and what they did was Authorized the Invasion of Iraq for a LONG LIST of Reasons and Continue to this Day to Fund it...

That is with a 2/3 DemocRAT Controlled Government in the Form of the House and the Senate since 2006, and now a 3/3 Controlled Government for the last Year and a Half.

peace...

It was Bush's war....he wanted it from the day he took office. You can't unbreak an egg, once you are in, there is no easy way out.

Agree totally on Gitmo. Should have been closed six months ago. Obama lacks the balls to move these guys to US Prisons

$obamasoup.jpg

I don't Give a FUCK...

peace...

It was Bush's war....he wanted it from the day he took office. You can't unbreak an egg, once you are in, there is no easy way out.

Agree totally on Gitmo. Should have been closed six months ago. Obama lacks the balls to move these guys to US Prisons

Bush was NOT King and the DemocRATS held the Purse Strings since 2006...

Enough of the "Inherited" Crap... Seriously.

peace...

Comparing the incompetence of the Bush II admins response to the Katrina event to the failure of BP (and our government) to stop the BP oil leak is silly.

What this poll is telling you is that most Americans understand that.

What this poll is telling you is that most Americans have a better sense of proportion and perspective than the right wingers would like them to have.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges, ya know.

Most Americans aren't buying it.

Comparing the incompetence of the Bush II admins response to the Katrina event to the failure of BP (and our government) to stop the BP oil leak is silly.

What this poll is telling you is that most Americans understand that.

What this poll is telling you is that most Americans have a better sense of proportion and perspective than the right wingers would like them to have.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges, ya know.

Most Americans aren't buying it.

Sure... Because Katrina was Mother Nature's Fault, and the Gulf Spill is BP's Fault... The same BP that gave Bammy ALL Kinds of Money and then Benifited from the Expansion of Off-Shore Drilling by Obama once he got into the White House.

Not to Mention Regulating and Overseeing the Drilling is who's Responsibility again?...

Something you Dishonest Leftist Hacks would be Regurgitating via our "Free Press" of this were (43) in Office right now.

peace...

Take a gandor on over to DRUDGE this AM.....................................

New Rasmussen #'s in at 9:30am. OK.........I'll admit it...........Im fcukking giddy!!!!

RASMUSSEN Reports at 9:30AM ET:

Obama Approval Falls to New Low: 42%
Obama Approval Index: -20
Strongly Approve 24%
Strongly Disapprove 44%
Total Approval 42%

Developing...

poar01_obama08031-1.jpg

AP News : LimaOhio.com

Even so, the catastrophe appears not to have taken a toll on how Americans view the president overall. Obama's approval rating remained steady in the poll and he is more popular than President George W. Bush was two months after the hurricane.

I couldn't quite hear that, AP... Get Obama's Cock out of your Mouth and say it again... :lol:

Bush alone took the hit in public perceptions. In the spill, much anger is steered at BP, and the poll suggests Americans do not feel quite the sense of shame that afflicted them in the 2005 hurricane aftermath.

^Gee... I wonder if Coverage by the AP and it's Children has played a Role?... :doubt:

peace...

Don't be afraid of the imagined AP Agenda.

Forum List

Back