AOC states we haven't seen Co2 levels like this since the Pliocene period

Why would you insist doing something you simply have no control over?
That doesnt make sense. If we reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the greenhouse gases in our environment will also decrease. So will the amount of carbolic acid in our oceans.

Who is we Willis?

Tell us how you did exactly that. How much did that windmill in your backyard cost you? What kind of bike do you ride so you don't have to drive a car? How many years has it been since you been on a vacation that requires air transportation or how long has it been since you been on a cruise? How is the bus system where you are at?

Let's play Stump the Environmentalist: This is a question that puts you people in a tizzy. What do you environmentalist want to shut you up, and how much will it cost our country?

The climate has been changing since the day the earth was formed
It has? And how do you know that?

Go ahead,answer.
/——/ I can’t believe how uneducated you are. Seems like you’d know this from your “vast” studies.
How Earths Climate has Changed since it was Formed | Actforlibraries.org
Since the formation of the earth around 4.5 billion years ago, it’s climate has undergone vast changes due to the constant evolution of its physical elements like its landmasses (continents) and oceans, changes in the levels of greenhouse gases contained within its dense atmosphere, the intensity of radiation emanating from the sun, as well as the earth’s orbit around it. Though during the last billion years, the temperature consistency of the planet has been broken by periods of frost starting from about 925 million years ago and even up to about 2 million years ago, overall, for most of its history, its mean temperature was about 8 to 15 degrees warmer than at present. During the past million years, the average temperature of the earth’s surface has hovered at 5 degrees Celsius more or less through the course of 10 ice ages.
So,a climate scientist taught you that. But now you think the climate scientists are laboring under the ignorance of their own discoveries, because their more recent discoveries run counter to your politics, fetishes, and/or superstitions.

Thank you for your assistance in posting the link.

That makes you look really stupid.

Last edited:
What you proved is you have no answers.
And, as anyone can see, you are completely full f shit and making stuff up to soothe yourself. You pretended to want a link to support a claim. I provided it. You made up sonething stupid and refused to read it, citing its length. Of course, at the very top, was a one paragraph summary of the study, demonstrating not only that you didnt even look at the link you pretended to beg for, but that you never had any interest in the link you were begging for .

You're a fraud.

I didn't ask for a link. I asked for an explanation.

Why would you insist doing something you simply have no control over?
That doesnt make sense. If we reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the greenhouse gases in our environment will also decrease. So will the amount of carbolic acid in our oceans.
Kill every cow on earth tomorrow. Horses too. You'll have an ice age in three months.
I need to fart.
BRB.

Pontificating at a Green New Deal rally on Monday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), who just claimed on Sunday that her apocalyptic prediction in January that the world would end in 12 years unless serious action was taken to combat climate change had just been "dry humor," suddenly returned to her climate change hysteria, stating CO2 levels had reached the highest levels in recorded history and the last time the levels were this high "bacteria and diseases we have never seen before roamed the Earth."

Ocasio-Cortez ranted, “It was reported today that this weekend for the first time in human history we have reached atmospheric levels of carbon at 415 parts per million. This has never been seen in recorded human history. In fact meteorologist Eric Holthaus and journalist said simply about this measurement, ‘We do not know a planet like this.’ The last time our planet hit 415 we were in the Pliocene period. Oceans were 90 feet higher. Bacteria and diseases we have never seen before roamed the Earth. Humans did not exist. We have never seen a planet like this. And a planet like this is exactly what we are going to get, and it is exactly what we are going to inherit from previous generations if we do not act positively now."

Ocasio-Cortez Issues Another Apocalyptic Climate Rant. Is This More Of Her ‘Dry Humor’?

Only one question here: What technology and devices were used to make this measurement during the Pliocene period? I didn't even know what the pliocene period was. So I looked it up. It was a time frame between 2 and 5 million years. The wheel wasn't even invented yet.

Oceans were 90 feet higher? So why aren't oceans 90 feet higher today?
And another GOP dupe weaponizes ignorance LOL. If you had a computer or a smartphone you could Google it and find out how they know, dumbass.

Seeing as the Pliocene ended with the onset of an ice age that continues to this day, she might want to think twice before she tries to forecast her scientific ignorance.

I didn't ask for a link. I asked for an explanation.
So what? Your mommy doesn't work here.

Your mommy never told you not to take a stand you can't you can't back up. Political discussions are about that--discussions. It's not about posting links unless somebody challenges something you said and you need to provide evidence of your claim.

If you are having a debate with somebody in person, do you hand them a piece of paper with links or do you actually talk to them?

Seeing as the Pliocene ended with the onset of an ice age that continues to this day, she might want to think twice before she tries to forecast her scientific ignorance.
Actually,she was relating what scientists say. You know, the same scientists who taught you that the pliocene ended with an ice age, and whose work you now cite.

Please. We are talking about a girl that thinks we can eliminate planes by putting R/R tracks everywhere they fly.

What technology and devices were used to make this measurement during the Pliocene period?
Dunno if your question has been answered or not and I'm not reading tons of pointless posts so here goes...
Geology

Ice cores and some rocks trap the chemicals of ancient history. Those chemicals can be extracted in a lab and very accurate conclusions drawn.

Not saying her statement was right or wrong. Just answering your question.

Your mommy never told you not to take a stand you can't you can't back up
Of course i can back up what i say, because I am relating the work of scientists, itself supported by mountains of evidence.

You,onthe other hand, know less than nothing about any of this and yet have string opinions that run contrary to those who do.

So, again, you are a fraud, and your "advice" is just an exercise in self soothing.

What technology and devices were used to make this measurement during the Pliocene period?
Dunno if your question has been answered or not and I'm not reading tons of pointless posts so here goes...
Geology

Ice cores and some rocks trap the chemicals of ancient history. Those chemicals can be extracted in a lab and very accurate conclusions drawn.

Yep. And we can monitor the carbon content of fossilized plant matter.

Geology

Ice cores are useless for periods predating the current ice age, as ice sheets were not present.

Geology

Then one has to ask about their accuracy. After all, you can only claim something is accurate if you have something to compare it to.

The climate has been changing since the day the earth was formed
It has? And how do you know that?

Go ahead,answer.
/——/ I can’t believe how uneducated you are. Seems like you’d know this from your “vast” studies.
How Earths Climate has Changed since it was Formed | Actforlibraries.org
Since the formation of the earth around 4.5 billion years ago, it’s climate has undergone vast changes due to the constant evolution of its physical elements like its landmasses (continents) and oceans, changes in the levels of greenhouse gases contained within its dense atmosphere, the intensity of radiation emanating from the sun, as well as the earth’s orbit around it. Though during the last billion years, the temperature consistency of the planet has been broken by periods of frost starting from about 925 million years ago and even up to about 2 million years ago, overall, for most of its history, its mean temperature was about 8 to 15 degrees warmer than at present. During the past million years, the average temperature of the earth’s surface has hovered at 5 degrees Celsius more or less through the course of 10 ice ages.
So,a climate scientist taught you that. But now you think the climate scientists are laboring under the ignorance of their own discoveries, because their more recent discoveries run counter to your politics, fetishes, and/or superstitions.

Thank you for your assistance in posting the link.

That makes you look really stupid.
/——/ What is the ideal temperature? What is your ideal climate? When was the climate not changing? Warmers never reply.

Geology

Then one has to ask about their accuracy. After all, you can only claim something is accurate if you have something to compare it to.
You compare the results against samples taken from higher up in the crust. The higher the samples are the more recent they are. Eventually you get to modern times where we know the results are accurate because of atmospheric comparisons.

Geology has also proven that man has been on this earth much longer than what is being taught in schools

Forum List

Back