Anyone going to see 2016 this weekend?

It'll be too depressing. I already know who I'm voting for and I already know what a total disaster Obama will be for this country. I might see it when it is available on Netflix.

Do we really need another hard-hitting documentary on America's most well known fictional character?

So I take it, it's some pro-Obama propaganda film?

I sure hope not. It's not really clear what position, if any, the movie will take.

I think it is meant to make it clear to the American voters just why Obama has been happily amassing a trillion dollars worth of debt each year. It will expose reasons that many wise people think Obama is a stealth Marxist bent on spending this democratic republic into bankruptcy, anarchy and eventual Marxism. He has already set up (through his executive orders) the taking over by the government of transportation, communications, energy, water, banking, health care and other things normally left to supply and demand.

You don't see much about it in the MSM because they do not want you to see the movie.

I sure hope not. It's not really clear what position, if any, the movie will take.

I think it is meant to make it clear to the American voters just why Obama has been happily amassing a trillion dollars worth of debt each year. It will expose reasons that many wise people think Obama is a stealth Marxist bent on spending this democratic republic into bankruptcy, anarchy and eventual Marxism. He has already set up (through his executive orders) the taking over by the government of transportation, communications, energy, water, banking, health care and other things normally left to supply and demand.

You don't see much about it in the MSM because they do not want you to see the movie.

Fictional characters do not warrant that much media coverage.

I'll have to post a review.

It's the first I've heard of it. A quick search turned up little on the MSM websites, but the producer, Gerald Molen, posted an op-ed article at Fox News:

If you thought being one of the producers of one of the greatest anti-hate films in history, one that exposed hatred, bigotry and anti-semitism would make you immune from being labeled a hate monger, think again. "Schindlers List" left its mark on the world and did so by telling the truth about man’s inhumanity to men. Yet the slings and arrows came at me to impinge my credibility, the work of Dinesh D’Souza and to once again use hate as their passport to the dark side.
<snip>

“2016 – Obama’s America” presents a picture of an America changed through the passion of one man and his determination to turn America into ‘just another country.’ The movie should be required viewing by all Americans. Then you can do your own homework and make up your own mind.

But there are forces out there who don’t want you to view this movie and will try desperately to keep you away from the theater by impugning the character of people like me who created the work, hoping it’ll scare you away.

'2016 -- Obama's America' -- why is the media so afraid of this movie? | Fox News

I guess the standard for these is that they be at least as fair as "W" or "Game Change".

I rarely pay to see movies in a theater, but we're going to give this one a try.

The producer is the guy that gave us Rain Man, Jurassic Park, and Schindler&#8217;s List. I just hope it isn't two hours of speeches. We'll see.

Official Trailer | 2016: Obama?s America

I got to preview it a couple of weeks ago here. It's well done and doesn't go into the "birther" issue, but focuses on his upbringing and who was influencing his ideology.

There's an notable aspect that interested me. Barack Obama Sr. abandoned Jr. and his mother, and young Barack only met his father once after that. Curiously, he has a strange affection for his father and "his father's dreams" which is unusual for somebody who was abandoned by his father.

I can speak to that experience, having never met my father, and not even knowing if he's still alive or what other family he may have.

So look at that angle in how the film plays out.

As far as speeches go, certainly don't expect an Al Gore kind of film. You'll hear a narrative from Dinesh D'Souza (and he and Barack Jr. have somewhat similar backgrounds) and interviews he has done, and you'll hear excerpts from Obama's audio book "Dreams From My Father."

Last edited:
Meh... Why take the risk of watching a pro Obama-bot movie or an Anto-Obama hater movie. Most people can't just be honest so I will pass.

I appreciate the OP posting this, I hadn't heard a thing about it.
I've now read up on it, and I wish all Democrats would go see it.
Maybe it would then start sinking in who they've unleashed on us all.

Forum List

Back