Anyone ever had Goose?

Chicken is my favorite poultry. It is versatile and mild tasting and that is how I like it. After observing the geese out in my yard, I'm not interested at all in eating one of them. :D

I could never eat duck or rabbit, this is an emotional situation because I adore fluffy ducks and bunny rabbits, emotionally I could not eat them they are two of Gods Most Adorable Creatures on this earth for us to adore not eat.

Well, you know I have a pet rabbit that I adore, so of course I could not ever eat a cute wittle fuzzy bunny. I might try duck though. I'll bet I probably wouldn't like it though. :D

Chicken is my favorite poultry. It is versatile and mild tasting and that is how I like it. After observing the geese out in my yard, I'm not interested at all in eating one of them. :D
Everything has to poop, animal lover.

Yeah, so? There are a lot of animals I probably wouldn't care to eat.
You don't have to get all prickly about it.

Lol! I'm not. I'm just saying there are a lot of animals I would probably not care to eat. :dunno: What is prickly about that statement?

I don't know. I guess I just grew up thinking of geese as "dirty birds." I know that chickens and others are probably not the cleanest creatures either, but it's just a thing with the dirty geese. They are like everywhere around here, you know?

I could never eat duck or rabbit, this is an emotional situation because I adore fluffy ducks and bunny rabbits, emotionally I could not eat them they are two of Gods Most Adorable Creatures on this earth for us to adore not eat.

If you were hungry you'd eat them quick enough.

Bambi is the best! I'd never kill a spotted fawn, but when my friend ran one over, whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Best venison evah! :spinner:

We even tricked my friend's daughter into liking it. :eusa_silenced:

Shhh. :eusa_silenced:

You can get duck and goose here in the north. You just have to order it or go to specific stores to get it. It's not in every grocery store.
We have duck in our supermarkets, hidden in the frozen food case. Just never seen goose.
It sounds like it's fatty, but I'm still not sure about it's flavor. Turkey has a distinctive taste different from chicken and duck. You can definitely tell the difference between all three. I guess it would be hard to describe its flavor.

I don't know. I guess I just grew up thinking of geese as "dirty birds." I know that chickens and others are probably not the cleanest creatures either, but it's just a thing with the dirty geese. They are like everywhere around here, you know?
What state, if you don't mind me asking? Or region of the country?

I've had deer meat. I was like meh. I don't think it's better than a nice juicy T bone steak or even chicken. I love chicken. Chicken is hands down my favorite meat.

Guess what? Chicken butt! Know why? Chicken thigh!

I'm from New England like you, south to you though, in MA.

MA isn't south of anything, it is above all. Maine is just a part of MA we loaned out to put off the Civil War a bit longer.

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)

I only like it the way Chinese restaurants do it with lots of duck sauce.

I've never had it, seen it offered on a restaurant menu or served at anyone's home or for sale at the supermarket.
Just wondering what domestic goose tastes like and why it seems to be shunned, at least in the Northeast?

(I had wild goose, once, smoked, at a Christmas buffet. That's not what I'm talking about, though.)

Duck sauce is the nastiest crap on earth. Never had anything like that horror in China.

MA isn't south of anything, it is above all. Maine is just a part of MA we loaned out to put off the Civil War a bit longer.
Hush your mouf.

Duck sauce is the nastiest crap on earth. Never had anything like that horror in China.

First, whoopi fucking doo . Second, I answered a post asking for an opinion. I dong give a fuck where duck sauce came from, I like it on goose meat. No fuck off and go brush your stupid dog or something.

Hush your mouf.

I have lots of relatives in ME. That is where my paternal grandparents were from.

Forum List

Back