yule log hints and ideas?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so i get to bring dessert for thanksgiving dinner.....and they want a yule log....so far i have discovered my hubby has trash my large baking sheet...so i need a 15 x 10 x 1 baking sheet and a ton of supplies....and they want chocolate....i do a rather traditional one with the cute mushrooms...so any recipes or hints? i have to hit a bakery and get serving container ...

The best one I ever had had a layer of raspberry preserves over the chocolate cake, under the whipped cream filling.

Here's a Cherry Nut Log. If it's strawberry season, you can substitute....

Idk what a Yule log even is. Wanna make a Pecan roll? :D
Glorified jelly roll? Filled with whipped cream instead of jam and covered in chocolate "frosting."

I was thinking something to throw in the fireplace. Something I wish I had going right now..brrr!
This is my idea of a yule log, but this is food and wine, so I shouldn't take the thread off track.

images

I've made yule logs, but I always thought it was weird to put mushrooms on it. Putting a vegetable on your dessert? Good idea getting fruit, bones. It would be awesome if you could construct mistletoe or holly out of chocolate/marzipan/something, but that would be an enormous pain in the ass, wouldn't it?

Here's a Cherry Nut Log. If it's strawberry season, you can substitute....

That looks about as appetizing as a fruit cake. :eek-52:

True, but if it's mostly NUTS and not fruit, with just maybe Strawberry and Blueberry, might have some merit. Plus, bones seemed to want fruit and nuts in her yule log....

chocolate has been requested....so chocolate sponge with some type of filling....a ganache perhaps....and the mushrooms are cute

I bet there's still a fruitcake or two in my fridge someplace.

They never seem to decay, wonder why?

They never get eaten, either. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back