Anyone Enjoy Watching Karate?

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
Anyone like to watch Karate?

I guess the most popular sport to watch now is football, which I do watch. I do however love to watch a lot of martials arts including Karate championships. I was involved in martial arts when I was younger, but I still enjoy watching it now as a spectator.

I guess the most popular sport to watch now is football, which I do watch. I do however love to watch a lot of martials arts including Karate championships. I was involved in martial arts when I was younger, but I still enjoy watching it now as a spectator.

I studied it when I was in H.S. and in the military. Also studied Wing Chung or Jeet Kune Do for a few months.

I found out that the more I was away from classes the more natural my technique was. In class we had to pull punches which develops bad habits. I also hated fighting in my bare feet. I was able to kick harder with shoes on.

I haven't studied it for a long time though.....but much of it you never forget.

There's a foot of reach difference between those guys. :aargh:

It's kinda like fencing the way they do it. Pretty neat.

Also, do they have body armor on? Because that was like a solar plexus kick. :aargh:

i took martial arts from junior high/middle school to high school. i do not watch martial arts but i do like to watch football. i think football is more exciting than martial arts. no amount of martial arts can beat a gun for protection. watching Bullshit: Martial Arts from Penn and Teller knocked some sense into me about martial arts. They tell the truth about martial arts.

i took martial arts from junior high/middle school to high school. i do not watch martial arts but i do like to watch football. i think football is more exciting than martial arts. no amount of martial arts can beat a gun for protection. watching Bullshit: Martial Arts from Penn and Teller knocked some sense into me about martial arts. They tell the truth about martial arts.
Da fuq Martial Arts do they know? :rolleyes-41:

I took karate lessons as a teenager. I agree that pulling punches and kicks builds bad habits. Also, it does not build the power a technique needs to work.

Someone who is serious about learning how to fight should to to a studio there the emphasis is on full contact sparing, using protective equipment, physical conditioning, and punching and kicking a heavy bag.

Forum List

Back