Anyone buying the Toyota conspiracy theories?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I've heard that the faulty accelerators were actually manufactured by GM.

I've heard that the auto unions are behind it since Toyota will soon be completely non-union.

I've heard the government is behind it because they're trying to help the American auto makers.

Can anyone provide anything that lends credibility to any of these theories?

When did Toyota become a nefarious manufacturer of dangerously out of control accelerating cars instead of the largest seller of high quality Japanese based autos? After the US government under the leadership of the current administration negotiated/purchased majority interest in a failed US auto manufacturer (July 5,2009). For $19.4 billion government owns 72.5% of GM. The UAW received 17.5% from the government run negotiations of a once privately run publicly held corporation. Bondholders were left with depression level values on once "Blue Chip" stocks. GM was a stalwart of "widows and orphans" funds, theirs shares fell to $0.27/share. The UAW now also owns 55% of Chrysler. Most of the UAW monies are supposed to pay for labor members health care cost, however if current health-care initiatives are made into law then that burden will fall to the taxpayers. If this comes to fruition there will be a tremendous funding pipeline to labor supported political parties. If the scenario were reversed and a conservative values base political agenda was seen to be potentially financed in this manner it would not be conceivable that the media would not be asking different question to different people and leading the charge of a conspiracy.

Last edited:
next thing you know we will have spontaneously combusting chinese cookies in order to boost sales at taco bell.

I saw something today about Honda recalling some vehicles for faulty brakes. :eek:
It is for sure Obama, he doesn't like the Japanese.

when i used to drive a chrysler at one point the wheel of the car just came off as i was driving. no it wasn't anything i did wrong. it's just what happens to these chryslers - the strut mount falls apart all by itself because it is too thin and the wheel comes off. it happened to some of my friends as well who had the same car. nobody recalled those shits because they are american.

but look at the bright side - at least the government is not gonna recall BMWs. politicians need to drive something.

all i can say is FUCK GOVERNMENT MOTORS AND CHRYSLER. you can't save yourself from drowning by pulling up on your own hair. we cant save our economy by borrowing money form Japan and subsidizing the biggest failures in Detroit while simultaneously blatantly fucking japan in the ass. We cant build a perpetual economic engine based on incompetence and irresponsibility. We already tried that - we failed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back