Anybody know what this is?

MoistTrout

Jul 19, 2011
United States
BigC12-3097-Copy.jpg

Does anybody have a clue what this is? I know that alpha and omega with the cross has been a Christian symbol for years, but does anybody know what the rest of it might mean?

This was on the wall of a building a friend of mine bought and we were just curious to know what it was. I think a band used that room to practive years ago, so it might just be something they were screwing around with.

Don't recognize it, but probably some type of Hermetic grafitti:

Hermetic Graffiti

Look for the "occult" meaning of it. With occult not necessarily meaning evil. The Square of Jupiter has numbers in it which probably each have a meaning. Look for the occult meaning of those numbers - also look at magic squares. Try looking at Numerology too. There are several types. The Jews have their own.

http://www.halexandria.org/dward090.htm

Last edited:
Hermetic grafitti is an interesting possibility. Maybe a crude attempt at that, or maybe just some random drawing they convinced themselves meant something.

BigC12-3097-Copy.jpg

Does anybody have a clue what this is? I know that alpha and omega with the cross has been a Christian symbol for years, but does anybody know what the rest of it might mean?

This was on the wall of a building a friend of mine bought and we were just curious to know what it was. I think a band used that room to practive years ago, so it might just be something they were screwing around with.

"For a greater part of the 1960′s, Northern California was stalked by a serial killer known only as the Zodiac Killer. He was notorious for sending the police letters in his signature handwriting, complete with disturbing jokes and lewd comments targeting police. Over the years the Zodiac talked to newspapers, police and other agencies about shooting little school children, stabbing police, strangling citizens and planting a homemade bomb at an office building. He included sketches of weapons, greeting cards, and even blood soaked pieces of clothing from his victims."
Zodiac Killer’s Unsolved 340 Symbol Cipher « Box of Rain

The particular symbol in the OP means 'anybody who enters this building is doomed.'

Sorry.

BigC12-3097-Copy.jpg

"For a greater part of the 1960′s, Northern California was stalked by a serial killer known only as the Zodiac Killer. He was notorious for sending the police letters in his signature handwriting, complete with disturbing jokes and lewd comments targeting police. Over the years the Zodiac talked to newspapers, police and other agencies about shooting little school children, stabbing police, strangling citizens and planting a homemade bomb at an office building. He included sketches of weapons, greeting cards, and even blood soaked pieces of clothing from his victims."

The particular symbol in the OP means 'anybody who enters this building is doomed.'

Sorry.

This is not the Zodiac killer's symbol.

BigC12-3097-Copy.jpg

It is quite possibly a sigil- Sigil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You might check the Google Image pages Google Images for a close match keeping in mind that individual expressions of the same entity vary widely.

BigC12-3097-Copy.jpg

Sorry.

This is not the Zodiac killer's symbol.

Oh yeah??

Do you happen to have alibi for December 20, 1968?
Hmmmmmm?

All some interesting theories. I know The Blair Witch project made use of the Y like it is here, so it may have been copied from that. After looking around and asking around, I'm starting to lean toward it just being someone drawing on the wall and trying to do something they thought had meaning.

I dunno.

My first thought was one of the Zodiac killers.

(There was at least one copycat killer in NY.)

But when I inserted that image into the Google image search box, other than the USMB page asking your question, I found this:

Google Images

Forum List

Back