Anti-Christianity Thread

The ClayTaurus said:
Kal: simple question.

Please list all the ways in which God could prove his existence to you.

I'll start the list for you, based on what I've gathered:

1. Must speak directly to Kal-el

what else? (I'm being entirely serious, I want to know what constitutes proof to you, since everything that has been offered has been deemed inconclusive by you.)

Well for starters, he could briefly indulge us with his pressense, and openly perform some "huge miracle", or else simply show his face to everyone, or else stay confined in people's imaginations.

kal-el said:
Well for starters, he could briefly indulge us with his pressense, and openly perform some "huge miracle", or else simply show his face to everyone, or else stay confined in people's imaginations.

It's ironic you can have faith in evolution, and other shit, but not allow for faith in God.

:puke3:

kal-el said:
I don't want starters. I want Kal-el's guide to proving there is a God. Have you even spent any time considering what would constitute proof to you? Give us a comprehensive list of how he could prove himself, not this cop-out "for starters" bullshit.

How would you know it was a miracle? How would you judge his presence? People claim they are God all the time... are they? Would God's presence be in human form? Animal? Plant? Breast Implant?

What about the miracle? Miracle like Pale's miracle? Miracle like my Detroit Lions fire Matt Millen? Miracle only meaningful to you?

I'm looking for something a little more specific, if you don't mind.

I'm really serious, I want a well-thought out, comprehensive guide to how God would prove his existence to you. If you just give these short one or two sentence answers, it looks like you haven't spent any time evaluating what would constitute proof to you, and instead devote all your time to ridiculing other people's sources of personal proof. If you haven't spent that much time thinking about what proof might mean to you, that's fine. Just say so, or post more 1 liner answers. I'm hoping you have, though, and I'm interested to know what you require.

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't want starters. I want Kal-el's guide to proving there is a God. Have you even spent any time considering what would constitute proof to you? Give us a comprehensive list of how he could prove himself, not this cop-out "for starters" bullshit.

How would you know it was a miracle? How would you judge his presence? People claim they are God all the time... are they? Would God's presence be in human form? Animal? Plant? Breast Implant?

What about the miracle? Miracle like Pale's miracle? Miracle like my Detroit Lions fire Matt Millen? Miracle only meaningful to you?

I'm really serious, I want a well-thought out, comprehensive guide to how God would prove his existence to you. If you just give these short one or two sentence answers, it looks like you haven't spent any time evaluating what would constitute proof to you, and instead devote all your time to ridiculing other people's sources of personal proof. If you haven't spent that much time thinking about what proof might mean to you, that's fine. Just say so, or post more 1 liner answers. I'm hoping you have, though, and I'm interested to know what you require.

You are GOOD. :)

dmp said:
It's ironic you can have faith in evolution, and other shit, but not allow for faith in God.

:puke3:

Again, you are being less than truthful. Quote where I said I have faith in the evolution theory, and "other shit". Please put a bit more thought into your posts (i.e. think before you type), so you don't come off so ignorant, thanks.

kal-el said:
Again, you are being less than truthful. Quote where I said I have faith in the evolution theory, and "other shit". Please put a bit more thought into your posts (i.e. think before you type), so you don't come off so ignorant, thanks.

Dude, your passive-aggressive bs is tiring. You make clear implications of your beliefs, then because you didn't use specific words you claim something else.

I really thought ppl had to be older than 14 to post here...did you lie about your age?

The ClayTaurus said:
I don't want starters.

Okay, sorry my liege.

I want Kal-el's guide to proving there is a God. Have you even spent any time considering what would constitute proof to you? Give us a comprehensive list of how he could prove himself, not this cop-out "for starters" bullshit.

Well he could:
1) Stop all the death
2) feed the millions of hungry
3) If he is so against abortions, like Chrisitians like to say, why can't he stop them?
4) If he is so powerful, he could stop all the atheists like myself in not believing in him, but I continue my disbeleif.
5)He could ressurect all the people who died via Katrina, Rita, and all the other natural disasters.
6)There's probably a million other things that could constitue proof.

How would you know it was a miracle?

If science cannot explain it.

How would you judge his presence? People claim they are God all the time... are they? Would God's presence be in human form? Animal? Plant? Breast Implant?

well obviously, if he can violate the laws of nature, i.e. walk on water, fly through the air, and according to the bible, he can be seen:

Genesis 18:1
And the lord appeared unto them in the planes of Mamre: and he sat at the tent door in the heat of the day.

And he would be in human form:
Genesis 26
Let us create man in our own image.

Like I said, if science doesn't have an answer, if he could defy gravity, or ressurect the dead.

Yes, and I provided quite a few examples

Maybe if he would show himself, fight his own battles, provide a gold colored stairwayleading up to heaven, show us a glimpse of the burning abyss, let us meet his "angels", let us converse with Moses, Jesus, Elijiah, and others, that would be credible proof.

Can you guys all turn off the flames against Kal-el temporarily so he doesn't have any excuse to not answer what constitutes proof of God? Let's keep this focused. Thanks!

kal-el said:
Okay, sorry my liege.

Well he could:
1) Stop all the death
2) feed the millions of hungry
3) If he is so against abortions, like Chrisitians like to say, why can't he stop them?
4) If he is so powerful, he could stop all the atheists like myself in not believing in him, but I continue my disbeleif.
5)He could ressurect all the people who died via Katrina, Rita, and all the other natural disasters.
6)There's probably a million other things that could constitue proof.

If science cannot explain it.

well obviously, if he can violate the laws of nature, i.e. walk on water, fly through the air, and according to the bible, he can be seen:

And he would be in human form:

Like I said, if science doesn't have an answer, if he could defy gravity, or ressurect the dead.

Yes, and I provided quite a few examples

Maybe if he would show himself, fight his own battles, provide a gold colored stairwayleading up to heaven, show us a glimpse of the burning abyss, let us meet his "angels", let us converse with Moses, Jesus, Elijiah, and others, that would be credible proof.
Any of those, or just one?

dmp said:
Dude, your passive-aggressive bs is tiring. You make clear implications of your beliefs, then because you didn't use specific words you claim something else.

I really thought ppl had to be older than 14 to post here...did you lie about your age?

Dude, you can continue to disuade the forum with your semantics all you like, while trying to depict me as childish, that still dosen't change the fact that you are dishonest.

The ClayTaurus said:
Can you guys all turn off the flames against Kal-el temporarily so he doesn't have any excuse to not answer what constitutes proof of God? Let's keep this focused. Thanks!

You suck man. Mr. Mod wannabe.

The ClayTaurus said:
Any of those, or just one?

O, tiring, I can tell you rode to school on the short bus. If he is all powerful like you like to pretend, then he can do anything you can fathom, or else he's not. Let me ask you this: Is this god fellow in hell?

kal-el said:
O, tiring, I can tell you rode to school on the short bus. If he is all powerful like you like to pretend, then he can do anything you can fathom, or else he's not. Let me ask you this: Is this god fellow in hell?
Did I insult you yet? I don't know why you need to throw in short bus comments, unless you're uncomfortable about the legitmacy of your own arguments :dunno: Others might be being hostile to you in this thread, but I'm not, so try and turn it off talking to me. You look like you're uncomfortable talking about your own opinions.

I'm not asking you what he's capable of, I'm asking you how much of what you posted you require in order to constitute proof. Does he need to submit to all those criteria, or just one?

I don't know if God is in hell, I'm an agnostic. I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the issue, since you seem so adamant about it.

Interesting article on the subject of belief in God's existence from a link at the top of the page.

http://everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

Is there a God?
Does God exist? Is there proof of God? The following offers candid, straight-forward reasons to believe in the existence of God...

By Marilyn Adamson

A quote from the article:

"...If a person opposes even the possibility of there being a God, then any evidence can be rationalized or explained away. It is like if someone refuses to believe that people have walked on the moon, then no amount of information is going to change their thinking. Photographs of astronauts walking on the moon, interviews with the astronauts, moon rocks...all the evidence would be worthless, because the person has already concluded that people cannot go to the moon..."

The author's six reasons. You can read the article for more in-depth information on these six.

1. Throughout history, in all cultures of the world, people have been convinced there is a God.
2. The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.
3. Mere "chance" is not an adequate explanation of creation.
4. Humankind's inherent sense of right and wrong cannot be biologically explained.
5. God not only has revealed Himself in what can be observed in nature, and in human life, but He has even more specifically shown Himself in the Bible.
6. Unlike any other revelation of God, Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God.

The ClayTaurus said:

'sDid you find that one lie of Rush Limbaughs?

The ClayTaurus said:
Did I insult you yet? I don't know why you need to throw in short bus comments, unless you're uncomfortable about the legitmacy of your own arguments.
darinshrug.gif
Others might be being hostile to you in this thread, but I'm not, so try and turn it off talking to me. You look like you're uncomfortable talking about your own opinions.

I'm not asking you what he's capable of, I'm asking you how much of what you posted you require in order to constitute proof. Does he need to submit to all those criteria, or just one?

I don't know if God is in hell, I'm an agnostic. I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the issue, since you seem so adamant about it.
(stolen from Darin)

Forum List

Back