Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabian

Aug 19, 2004
Egypt
I WANNA ASK A QUESTION ITS ONLY ONE
its about the God
the God grow old ,, yes or know
and if he is,,,,how old is the god now????

God would grow old IF God were bound/constrained/affected by 'time'. Since God is not within the constrains of time, he doesn't get 'older'.

:)

dmp said:
God would grow old IF God were bound/constrained/affected by 'time'. Since God is not within the constrains of time, he doesn't get 'older'.

:)

You are placing restraints on your sky man here. God can't grow old, enough said. There's something he can't do. If he can't grow old, he's not omnipotent.

kal-el said:
You are placing restraints on your sky man here. God can't grow old, enough said. There's something he can't do. If he can't grow old, he's not omnipotent.

You just agreed with dmp.

GotZoom said:
You just agreed with dmp.

How does this: You are placing restraints on your sky man here. God can't grow old, enough said. There's something he can't do. If he can't grow old, he's not omnipotent.

Agree with this: God would grow old IF God were bound/constrained/affected by 'time'. Since God is not within the constrains of time, he doesn't get 'older'.

kal-el said:

He can't die either...is that a restraint?

Seriously...I have trouble believing you are for real, and not a character made up for a movie...

dmp said: God doesn't get "older."

You said: God can't grow old, enough said.

Unless I'm missing something.....

kal-el said:
You bet it is. He's supposedly omipotent. That means there's no limits to what he can do. In your argument, he sounds impotent.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=omnipotent

If he can do anything, surely he can make a rock so heavy he can't lift it, and if he can't lift it, he's not omnipotent.

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Not that clever "make a rock so heavy He can't lift it" arguement.

kal-el said:
You bet it is. He's supposedly omipotent. That means there's no limits to what he can do. In your argument, he sounds impotent.

If he can do anything, surely he can make a rock so heavy he can't lift it, and if he can't lift it, he's not omnipotent.

Growing old = Dying. In your mind 'not having the ability to die' means 'not all-powerful'? That's really mindblowing...lol

Can God break his arm? Does that limit God? The 'Can God make a rock' question is stupid. It's meaningless, and does not take away from God's perfection. You're just being silly now.

Here's a good answer:

Can God Make a Rock So Big He Can't Lift It?

By Gregory Koukl

This is a pseudo-question. It's like asking, "Can God win an arm wrestling match against Himself?" or, "If God beat Himself up, who would win?" or, "Can God's power defeat His own power?"

The question is nonsense because it treats God as if He were two instead of one. The phrase "stronger than" can only be used when two subjects are in view, e.g., Bill is stronger than Bob, my left arm is stronger than my right arm, etc. Since God is only one, it makes no sense to ask if He is stronger than Himself. That's why this is a pseudo-question. It proves nothing about any deficiency in God because the question itself is incoherent.

The only way this could make sense is if it is an attempt to pit one aspect of God's ability against another--in this case, His creative ability against His ability to lift. The goal is to show that there are some things God can't do, thus undermining the Christian concept of an omnipotent Creator. This illustration, however, miscasts the biblical notion of omnipotence, and is therefore guilty of the straw man fallacy.

Omnipotence doesn't mean that God can do anything. The concept of omnipotence has to do with power, not ability per se. In fact, there are many things God can't do. He can't make square circles. He can't create a morally free creature who couldn't choose evil. He can't instantly create a sixty-year-old man (not one that looks sixty, but one that is sixty). None of these, though, have to do with power. Instead, they are logically contradictory, and therefore contrary to God's rational nature.

dmp said:
Oh! One more 'restraint'!

God can't lie.

Gen. 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die.

Nothing happened to Eve after she ate from it.

I Kings 22:23
Now therefore, behold, the lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

2 Chr.18:22
Now therefore, the lord hath put a lying spirit in these thy prophets, and the lord hath spoken evil against me.

2Ths.2:11
And for this cause god shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Jer.20:7
O lord, thou hast decieved me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one moketh me.

God can't FORCE you to love him.

Nope, he can't force us to do anything, without infringing on free will.

Kal-el, you're a joke brother...

Thanks, I try

kal-el said:

I doubt He cares but he could make a rock that he could not lift and then increase his strength and drop it on your head. I think he does fun things like this from time to time to amuse himself.

dilloduck said:
I doubt He cares but he could make a rock that he could not lift and then increase his strength and drop it on your head. I think he does fun things like this from time to time to amuse himself.

Why does he have to amuse himself? He's all knowing, so he there's no point in trying to amuse himself, since he already knows what he's gonna do.

kal-el said:
Nothing happened to Eve after she ate from it.

Is Eve still alive? It's pretty clear to most people who 'honestly' look for answers God intended for humans to live forever. When she sinned, she removed herself from the promises/protections of God's plan.

Your verses? They don't MEAN anything because you don't provide - and if you did, you refuse to understand - context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back