Anti-Christianity Thread

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Which is more plausible?

Mary was really a virgin who was impregnated without sexual intercourse.

Mary had sex out of wedlock and said her pregnancy occured despite being a virgin to keep from being stoned or at the very least ostracized from society. (hint - if so, she surely wouldn't have been the first to try that lie in those days)

Mary didn't try to cover anything up - actually had sex though, and "virgin birth" is simply a mistranslation of a phrase which really means a woman who is pregnant out of wedlock?

?

SpidermanTuba said:
Which is more plausible?

Mary had sex out of wedlock and said her pregnancy occured despite being a virgin to keep from being stoned or at the very least ostracized from society. (hint - if so, she surely wouldn't have been the first to try that lie in those days)

Mary didn't try to cover anything up - actually had sex though, and "virgin birth" is simply a mistranslation of a phrase which really means a woman who is pregnant out of wedlock?

?
Your second scenario is more plausible--and your point?

dilloduck said:
Your second scenario is more plausible--and your point?

Some things are better left to faith. No one can prove that Mary was a virgin, nor that Jesus rose from the dead. It's not worth the discussion. ST isn't interested in edifying himself in terms of our faith. He simply wants to attack Christianity.

But, ST has managed to prove is that he's an obnoxious troll that doesn't seem to have any respect for others. He likes to hang labels like "bigot" on others, but then he turns around and shows just how bigoted he is.

ST - here's a word you ought to learn while you're at university --- RESPECT. You'll find that, if you put your attitude aside, you'll manage to get along with people, even those who you don't agree with.

SpidermanTuba said:
Which is more plausible?

?
Which is more plausible?
Spidey spends time doing some actual thinking before he posts or

spidey just likes to bash conservatives and cares little if it makes any sense or not ?

SpidermanTuba said:
Which is more plausible?

?

Given that:

1. God, through His prophet Isaiah, foretold the birth of the Messiah to a virgin 700 years before the event;

2. God, being perfectly holy, cannot lie;

3. God, being able to do anything that is intrinsically possible to do, is able to create a fertilized egg cell in the womb of a human being;

4. Mary knew that the punishment for fornication/adultery was death, and would have avoided such behavior;

then the most plausible option would be that Jesus really was born of a virgin.

gop_jeff said:
Given that:

1. God, through His prophet Isaiah, foretold the birth of the Messiah to a virgin 700 years before the event;

2. God, being perfectly holy, cannot lie;

3. God, being able to do anything that is intrinsically possible to do, is able to create a fertilized egg cell in the womb of a human being;

4. Mary knew that the punishment for fornication/adultery was death, and would have avoided such behavior;

then the most plausible option would be that Jesus really was born of a virgin.

Word.

Here, Kal.

Ask everything you want....just stop turning every OTHER thread into an argument to prove what you 'don't' believe.

[edit] Here! Changed the name of the thread to more accurately reflect your purpose in the Religion Forum. Any time you feel the need to rant and rave about God, you've got a place to do so, and NOT corrupt every-OTHER God-related thread....mmmkay?

dmp said:
Here, Kal.

Ask everything you want....just stop turning every OTHER thread into an argument to prove what you 'don't' believe.

Wow, dmp, I'm honored to have a thread in my name, thanks dude.

When did you first realize you were a little boy?

Did you just know? Or was it something that your parent(s) taught you?

How did you find out that the name of milk was "milk"? Did you just wake up one day and know it...or was it something you were told and you believed it?

BTW - dmp,

He was talking about 2 Kings Chapter 2. Elishah was mocked by kids and cursed them in the name of the Lord. Two she bears came and mauled 42 of them.

no1tovote4 said:
BTW - dmp,

He was talking about 2 Kings Chapter 2. Elishah was mocked by kids and cursed them in the name of the Lord. Two she bears came and mauled 42 of them.

The lesson to be learned there is:

Don't mock God, or His messengers.

GotZoom said:
When did you first realize you were a little boy?

Probably when I was able to learn/comprehend.

Did you just know? Or was it something that your parent(s) taught you?

Actually, I knew the difference growing up between male and female, as for being in my environment. Plus having the male sexual organs doesn't hurt to confirm your suspecions.

How did you find out that the name of milk was "milk"? Did you just wake up one day and know it...or was it something you were told and you believed it?

Uhh, what do you prefer I call it, kool-aid? Dude, the name of it is printed right on the label, nimrod.

kal-el said:
Yep, it doesn't pay to mock him. The bible depicts him as a bloodthirsty, serial killer entity.

Based on your posts so far, I'm guessing that you learned Christianity from a Christian-hating militant atheist college professor. The serial killer line would make me laugh if it weren't so tragic.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:
Based on your posts so far, I'm guessing that you learned Christianity from a Christian-hating militant atheist college professor. The serial killer line would make me laugh if it weren't so tragic.

Ok, I guess I'll have to post some of the passages where kills, bear with me here.

kal-el said:
Probably when I was able to learn/comprehend.

Actually, I knew the difference growing up between male and female, as for being in my environment. Plus having the male sexual organs doesn't hurt to confirm your suspecions.

Uhh, what do you prefer I call it, kool-aid? Dude, the name of it is printed right on the label, nimrod.

You have missed the point. You didn't know your weenie was a weenie until someone told you.

The first time you knew milk was milk was long before you could read. Your mom/dad told you it was called milk.

You were TAUGHT these things.

where she stops nobody knows!....I think Bonnie summed up el cid pretty well...see his profile...interests:"Getting Laid"...pretty much sums up his hate for religion and God...puts a damper on his conquests of seducing Virgins to his pleasure center!!...IMO :boobies: <<< where his mind is!

Ex.12:29-30
At midnight the lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstbron of pharoah, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. Pharoah and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

Is.13:15-16
Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.

What a beuatiful image!

Hos.13:16
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their god. They will fall by the sword; and their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.

Num.31:15-18
Have you allowed all the women to live? He asked them. They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelities away from the lord in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the lord's people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has nevwer slept with a man.

Here it seems god is talking to Moses, and he implys that 1000s of male babies and children be killed, and 1000s of women. This was no cakewalk. 10s of 1000s of men, women, and children were killed.

archangel said:
where she stops nobody knows!....I think Bonnie summed up el cid pretty well...see his profile...interests:"Getting Laid"...pretty much sums up his hate for religion and God...puts a damper on his conquests of seducing Virgins to his pleasure center!!...IMO :boobies: <<< where his mind is!

I'm guessing el cid just would like to know how to get passed the limits his mind has set on himself but hasn't realized you have to have an open mind to learn anything.

but hell--it could be damn near anything until he tells us what his point is. If he just wants to tell us how illogical religion and the people who believe it are, this whole coversation gets rather boring.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
dilloduck said:
I'm guessing el cid just would like to know how to get passed the limits his mind has set on himself but hasn't realized you have to have an open mind to learn anything.

but hell--it could be damn near anything until he tells us what his point is. If he just wants to tell us how illogical religion and the people who believe it are, this whole coversation gets rather boring.

to that brother.... :clap1:

Forum List

Back