Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York

So which part is him being a hypocrite? Just because he wants to improve on the bill doesn't mean he thinks the bill isn't better then what we had pre-bill. Talk about being partisan? Are you serious?

You're acting as if this is a black and white issue and either you LOVE everything about the bill and support it completely, or you HATE the bill and think there is nothing good at all in it. Weiner supported the bill because it was better then the status quo. Recent changes have said that if your state can come up with a more customized solution for your state that works better, then go for it. So he's looking to improve on the bill and get it closer to what he wanted originally.

He isn't rejecting the bill, he's trying to improve upon it. So again, wheres the hypocrisy exactly? :confused:

:eek: The financing for the new law falls apart if there is no mandate get it? Lets have everybody opt.

And? Again no one is opting out. Waivers are issued to allow more time to get everything in place by 2014. Or in this case, to allow the option to enact an even better version of this legislation on a state by state basis. So no one is just "opting out" despite what you want to believe.

Do you know whats in the Law? or do you blindly support it? Is it screwed up mess or not?

:eek: The financing for the new law falls apart if there is no mandate get it? Lets have everybody opt.

And? Again no one is opting out. Waivers are issued to allow more time to get everything in place by 2014. Or in this case, to allow the option to enact an even better version of this legislation on a state by state basis. So no one is just "opting out" despite what you want to believe.

Do you know whats in the Law? or do you blindly support it? Is it screwed up mess or not?

well, we could also ask if you know what's in it or if you blindly oppose it.

i figure, like most things, it could probably use fine-tuning. but i also know a lot of people who are pretty happy not to have their college age kids dumped from coverage and protecting people from being denied coverage for pre-existing conditions is very important.

i figure, like most things, it could probably use fine-tuning. but i also know a lot of people who are pretty happy not to have their college age kids dumped from coverage and protecting people from being denied coverage for pre-existing conditions is very important.

Umm...No... I support what I know works, our current system works for the most part, it just needed a few fixes. Now those that support the new law are BLINDLY supporting something ,on the bases that it is new and they HOPE it will be better than our current system. So who is walking blind here?

Actually, yes I do, way more than the average person does...especially on this site. I don't blindly support it. I've stated multiple times on this site that this law is far from perfect, but at least I've made the effort to read up on it when I don't understand something. Have you? Do you just repeat things you hear others say or do you read the law for yourself to verify whether what you're hearing is true or not?

Umm...No... I support what I know works, our current system works for the most part, it just needed a few fixes. Now those that support the new law are BLINDLY supporting something ,on the bases that it is new and they HOPE it will be better than our current system. So who is walking blind here?

Our system works?? LOL. Seriously?

Good answer:doubt: as I said you support what you think might be better. Our current system needed some reform, not replacement. That's called blind faith in government. Sorry.. Never works, you don't know whats in it, niether do I, but I don't defend it you do

Good answer:doubt: as I said you support what you think might be better. Our current system needed some reform, not replacement. That's called blind faith in government. Sorry.. Never works, you don't know whats in it, niether do I, but I don't defend it you do

I said in my previous post that I take the time to read the bill when I have questions about it. Do you? Weird how you decided to ignore what I said and skip that question.

if it worked, then 50% of our bankruptcy filings wouldn't be the result of unanticipated medical expenses.

if it worked, i wouldn't have gotten $60 back from my insurance company for a $350 mammogram

if it worked, they wouldn't define pregnancy as a pre-existing condition.

if it worked, then people with catastrophic illness wouldn't have their coverage terminated.

if it worked, people wouldn't have to choose between food and medicine.

I said in my previous post that I take the time to read the bill when I have questions about it. Do you? Weird how you decided to ignore what I said and skip that question.

Really you've read all 2500 pages? All the new bureaucracies that will be created? All the new guidelines that are still being created? All these rules that have not even been written yet? You know it al? You must be one of the few in the country. I don't have to read the bill to know big government bureaucracies and politicians, interests groups, screw up everything always. You're trust in government is truly heartwarming:doubt:

Really you've read all 2500 pages? All the new bureaucracies that will be created? All the new guidelines that are still being created? All these rules that have not even been written yet? You know it al? You must be one of the few in the country. I don't have to read the bill to know big government bureaucracies and politicians, interests groups, screw up everything always. You're trust in government is truly heartwarming:doubt:

LOL, so you haven't read a single sentence of the legislation, yet you KNOW it's bad? And I have the blind faith? :eusa_eh:

Why do I even bother trying to have rational conversations with unintelligent people? :confused:

if it worked, then 50% of our bankruptcy filings wouldn't be the result of unanticipated medical expenses.

if it worked, i wouldn't have gotten $60 back from my insurance company for a $350 mammogram

if it worked, then people with catastrophic illness wouldn't have their coverage terminated.

:eusa_hand: Talking points why is it that all you big government people throw up worst case scenarios and use those to try to garner some sympathies toward big government intervention? I said we need some reforms to cover people that are not covered REFORMS not overhaul all we are going to do with this new law is mess things up worst then they are now.

you keep talking about "trust in government". it doesn't really have much to do with that since the government isn't administering medical care.

but when it comes to making sure insurance companies do the right thing, it is silly to think that the insurance companies act properly unless they are forced to.

your faith in amoral corporations is truly heartwarming. :)

LOL, so you haven't read a single sentence of the legislation, yet you KNOW it's bad? And I have the blind faith? :eusa_eh:

Why do I even bother trying to have rational conversations with unintelligent people? :confused:

Sorry you don't know any more than i do, you might want to believe you do, pure emotions with liberals, always is. Big governmetn has no sympthies for you. Your family, your frinds ,your doctor, not government

:eusa_hand: Talking points why is it that all you big government people throw up worst case scenarios and use those to try to garner some sympathies toward big government intervention? I said we need some reforms to cover people that are not covered REFORMS not overhaul all we are going to do with this new law is mess things up worst then they are now.

Those aren't "scenarios". That is what was happening in this country. Fact.

Sorry you don't know any more than i do, you might want to believe you do, pure emotions with liberals, always is. Big governmetn has no sympthies for you. Your family, your frinds ,your doctor, not government

But I've actually read the bill, and you have not. Sooooooo.....I do know more than you do about this topic. You can argue that all you want though, but that's just a fact.

you might be able to get away with that with other people. not with me. you can whine about "talking points" all you want. but feel free to let me know what statement i made isn't true.

you can put your hands over your ears and say "lalalalalala" all you want. but those are all facts.

you can address the facts or not.

what about the new law messes anything up for you? i'm figuring you're one of the people who now has medical coverage who didn't before. i'm also guessing you have no kids and no pre-existing conditions or annual screenings yet.

Last edited:

you keep talking about "trust in government". it doesn't really have much to do with that since the government isn't administering medical care.

but when it comes to making sure insurance companies do the right thing, it is silly to think that the insurance companies act properly unless they are forced to.

your faith in amoral corporations is truly heartwarming. :)

The government is making the rules, they are collecting the money, they are enforcing the new laws, the government is running it. The free market works, always has, what doesn't work is these companies have to cozy up to politicians to get preferential treatments and special deals that screw up the whole free market system, the people get screwed in the end. Government screws things up, then liberals ask for more government to fix their screw ups, makes no sense

Last edited:

you might be able to get away with that with other people. not with me. you can whine about "talking points" all you want. but feel free to let me know what statement i made isn't true.

you can put your hands over your ears and say "lalalalalala" all you want. but those are all facts.

you can address the facts or not.

what about the new law messes anything up for you? i'm figuring you're one of the people who now has medical coverage who didn't before. i'm also guessing you have no kids and no pre-existing conditions or annual screenings yet.

No kids...right, But I’ve always bought my own insurance for my wife and I because I'm am self-employed. Catastrophic coverage, high deductible, but you won't go bankrupt if you get real sick. Prices are going up now, but Like I said we needed reform. All the relatively minor things you mentioned could all have been takin care of with adjustments to our current system.

Last edited:
And there goes any once of credibility he ever had...

oh please, hon... the right makes up stuff about anthony all the time... it's pretty funny how irksome he is to you guys. :)

i also think saying they're "looking into alternatives" and extrapolating that out to some rejection of health care reform is pretty .. .well, let's say disingenuous.

I think it says that he doesn't stand behind what he voted for. He wants everyone else to abide but he wants a waiver?? How can this be?

Exactly! Not to mention he said he Wrote the bill and the bill and I are one!

Weiner says he 'wrote' the House health care bill - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back