Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York

oh please, hon... the right makes up stuff about anthony all the time... it's pretty funny how irksome he is to you guys. :)

i also think saying they're "looking into alternatives" and extrapolating that out to some rejection of health care reform is pretty .. .well, let's say disingenuous.

Sorry Jill, but you're the one being disingenuous here. The guy was one of the most fervent backers of the health care legislation. We were all told how important it was to pass and what revolutionary legislation it was. Why then does NYC need an alternative?

What a hypocrite. I guess Weiner now sees what a sack of shit this legislation was, that he so passionately supported.

Rep. Anthony Weiner said Wednesday he was looking into how a health law waiver might work for New York City.

Weiner, who is likely to run for mayor of New York, said that because of the city’s special health care infrastructure, his office was looking into alternatives that might make more sense. Weiner is one of the health care law’s biggest supporters; during the debate leading up to reform, he was one of the last holdouts in Congress for the public option.

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner. “I’m in the process now of trying to see if we can take [President Barack Obama] up on it in the city of New York, … and I’m taking a look at all of the money we spend in Medicaid and Medicare and maybe New York City can come up with a better plan.”

Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

How exactly is he a hypocrite? Weiner was a STRONG and vocal advocate for taking this legislation much further then it actually went. He always maintained that the president didn't go far enough. If he can improve upon the legislation by going further then what it has accomplished, that's what he wants to explore.

He is not against this legislation, he is a supporter of the bill as it was still progress in his opinion but his stance never changed that he felt it should have went further. Where exactly is the hypocrisy?

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner.

He was talking to Republicans you stupid son of a bitch!!! Not assholes like you that ridiculed anyone against the Obamination bill!!!

I want to punch this guy in the face!

He was talking to anyone who had ideas that could work better, Republican or Democrat. Weiner consistently stated that he wanted the legislation to go further. What's the problem?

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner.

He was talking to Republicans you stupid son of a bitch!!! Not assholes like you that ridiculed anyone against the Obamination bill!!!

He was talking to anyone who had ideas that could work better, Republican or Democrat. Weiner consistently stated that he wanted the legislation to go further. What's the problem?

Ghook would rather Neg rep me then respond publicly. Really? How old are you? Grow up. :eusa_eh:

What a hypocrite. I guess Weiner now sees what a sack of shit this legislation was, that he so passionately supported.

And there goes any once of credibility he ever had...

oh please, hon... the right makes up stuff about anthony all the time... it's pretty funny how irksome he is to you guys. :)

i also think saying they're "looking into alternatives" and extrapolating that out to some rejection of health care reform is pretty .. .well, let's say disingenuous.

You want to know the truth Jil. The Democrats had the PERFECT time to get Universal Healthcare, which is what they really want. Angry public, GOP negative public, Wall Street and Rich hating public, good majority in both houses and the President.

Yet what happened is they had three incompetents at the helm. Reid is a moron! Pelosi's district is San Fransico, which is all you need to know. And Obama is great campaigner, but a horrendous leader, decision maker and well SALESMAN!!!

They could have gotten UHC and I bet they could have gotten a R or 2 to break the fillibuster!!!

Don't blame the GOP for the blunder, blame the Democrats. I guarantee if Mr. and Mrs. Clinton were promoting this UHC (learning from their blunders in the past) and riding off the false image that Clinton was a good President. America would have UHC, no doubt!

This...
matrix_punch.jpg

...and this!!!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
ObamaCare is so wonderful that its Magnificence scares people into asking for a waiver so they won't be intimidated by it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkKqWvMBfg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkKqWvMBfg[/ame]

Ghook would rather Neg rep me then respond publicly. Really? How old are you? Grow up. :eusa_eh:

Fine I will answer you. Weiner was first against the bill without the public option. Then he supported it with vigor and classlessness. He went around the news circuits promoting this bill and attacking anyone against it.

NOW, he wants a waiver for NY to opt out of Obama care! Yet you say he isn't doing that. He supported the bill to be passed and help make sure it would be, but doesn't want the people who vote for him to have to follow it!

Listen to this arrogant asshole! You have to have low morals to vote for him or support him!

He has a lot of nerve to scream like this in the first place! He has a lot of nerve to ridicule people against the bill and NOW HE WANTS A WAIVER OUT OF IT!

He is attacking the filibuster, but I bet he supported the cowardly walk-out of the WS Congressman. That was unjust!

Fine I will answer you. Weiner was first against the bill without the public option. Then he supported it with vigor and classlessness. He went around the news circuits promoting this bill and attacking anyone against it.

NOW, he wants a waiver for NY to opt out of Obama care! Yet you say he isn't doing that. He supported the bill to be passed and help make sure it would be, but doesn't want the people who vote for him to have to follow it!

So which part is him being a hypocrite? Just because he wants to improve on the bill doesn't mean he thinks the bill isn't better then what we had pre-bill. Talk about being partisan? Are you serious?

You're acting as if this is a black and white issue and either you LOVE everything about the bill and support it completely, or you HATE the bill and think there is nothing good at all in it. Weiner supported the bill because it was better then the status quo. Recent changes have said that if your state can come up with a more customized solution for your state that works better, then go for it. So he's looking to improve on the bill and get it closer to what he wanted originally.

He isn't rejecting the bill, he's trying to improve upon it. So again, wheres the hypocrisy exactly? :confused:

He has a lot of nerve to scream like this in the first place! He has a lot of nerve to ridicule people against the bill and NOW HE WANTS A WAIVER OUT OF IT!

He is attacking the filibuster, but I bet he supported the cowardly walk-out of the WS Congressman. That was unjust!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0o01EK1KVI

Do you even understand what you're posting? That was about the 9/11 first responders and their health coverage.

So which part is him being a hypocrite? Just because he wants to improve on the bill doesn't mean he thinks the bill isn't better then what we had pre-bill. Talk about being partisan? Are you serious?

You're acting as if this is a black and white issue and either you LOVE everything about the bill and support it completely, or you HATE the bill and think there is nothing good at all in it. Weiner supported the bill because it was better then the status quo. Recent changes have said that if your state can come up with a more customized solution for your state that works better, then go for it. So he's looking to improve on the bill and get it closer to what he wanted originally.

He isn't rejecting the bill, he's trying to improve upon it. So again, wheres the hypocrisy exactly? :confused:

:eek: The financing for the new law falls apart if there is no mandate get it? Lets have everybody opt. Sorry.. nobody knows what's in the stupid law, the more we find out, the more people don't like it, but you will defend it fervently without the slightest clue. The people that wrote the stupid law didn't even read it. It is all a bunch of thrown together payoffs to different interests groups. Just because you pass some kind of stupid bill doesn't automatically make it better

Last edited:

:eek: The financing for the new law falls apart if there is no mandate get it? Lets have everybody opt.

And? Again no one is opting out. Waivers are issued to allow more time to get everything in place by 2014. Or in this case, to allow the option to enact an even better version of this legislation on a state by state basis. So no one is just "opting out" despite what you want to believe.

Forum List

Back