Happy Anniversary, ObamaCare!!! Oh and your costs are up 8.6% btw

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
yes well, lets sum up; waivers -over a thousand including an entire State ( Maine), added costs as described below, the 'doctor fix'(?), Sibelius throwing in the towel on CLASS ( long term care) which she admits needs to be totally re-written and of course, Sibelius admits at a congressional hearing the double counting of funds that help make the bill appear cheaper than it is by MANY Billions after months upon months of denial.
The mandate may be in big trouble....

Unhappy Anniversary

ObamaCare's cost jumps 8.6%.

What's $2.3 trillion among friends? That's the canyon between the Congressional Budget Office's estimate of a $9.5 trillion federal budget deficit over the next decade under White House proposals, and the White House's own estimate of $7.2 trillion. The discrepancy emerged in a CBO analysis released Friday, not that it got much media attention.

We thought you'd like to know, and we also want to underline a less-noticed section that shows that ObamaCare will be far more expensive than advertised. To wit, CBO says the entitlement's health insurance subsidies will cost $1.13 trillion between 2012 and 2021, not $1.04 trillion, the prior estimate. This 8.6% jump is the result of revised assumptions, the so-called technical factors in CBO's budget model. The bill's total cost now stands at $1.445 trillion, according to another recent CBO estimate.

more at-

Review & Outlook: Unhappy Anniversary - WSJ.com

Everything we on the right said is true. Worse care for more people instead of better care for everyone. Cost is much more than advertised. Shortage of doctors in the future is already happening. Doctor salaries will go down which is why enrollment is down in medical schools.

Obamacare is a disaster.

But...but, socialized medicine sounds so good.

Just you wait, Greenbeard will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are.

i'm actually impressed the cost estimates only went up 8.6%.

the day after the Medicare Pill Bill passed the cost estimate for it went up nearly 40%, and one year later the estimate cost for it went up 60%.

Also, the administration used the best case scenario with the revenues to pay for this boondoggle. Now reality bites when the revenues aren't looking so rosey.
I have a feeling the shortfall is going to just snowball with revenues making it even a bleaker venture for the road to socialized medicine.

the day after the Medicare Pill Bill passed the cost estimate for it went up nearly 40%, and one year later the estimate cost for it went up 60%.

Skyrocketing costs. The White House report warns that "health care costs have risen rapidly over the last two decades and are projected to rise even more rapidly in the future." The truth is that health-care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased by 10% in 1970 and 13% in 1980. But over the last five years, spending increased less than 7% each year, and reached a low of 6% in 2007. It's true that premiums are increasing rapidly. But the White House report incorrectly blames health costs. The real cause is the declining share of care paid for out of pocket (down to 15% today from 33% in 1975). Auto-insurance premiums would also skyrocket if coverage suddenly included oil changes and tune-ups.
http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/images/WSJ_-_Obamas_Voodoo_Health_Economics_060509_.pdf

As an opponent of Obamacare I am one of the few that knows the difference between facts and partisan BS.
My health insurance has gone up around 11-17% a year for the last 25 years.
Obamacare is just more of the same, insurance companies dominated by the group health care competitive market which gouges self employed in favor of large groups to bid on.
Shortage of doctors? HAHAHA. There WILL BE NO shortage of doctors for the disease care industry which now drains 60% of ALL health care dollars for 4% of the population.
The shortage will be in the practicioner field. Why do that when you can make millions off of dumb ass Americans that are too stupid to know that the current system funnels that 60%, growing to 70% in the next 12 years, of all health care dollars to the speciality practices.
Obamacare is horrible. It was written by INSURANCE LOBBYISTS AND GOVERNMENT.
Until we end group health care and go back to where everyone owns THEIR OWN insurance and has to pay for it we will continue to have blank check "health" care. Most Americans eat prescription dope and we spend 200K on average for the last 8 years of someone's life. "Why not take Junior to the doctor for a cough. I have INsurance and might as well use it" and the dumasses wonder why the system is overloaded.

As an opponent of Obamacare I am one of the few that knows the difference between facts and partisan BS.
Obamacare is just more of the same, insurance companies dominated by the group health care competitive market which gouges self employed in favor of large groups to bid on.
Shortage of doctors? HAHAHA. There WILL BE NO shortage of doctors for the disease care industry which now drains 60% of ALL health care dollars for 4% of the population.
The shortage will be in the practicioner field. Why do that when you can make millions off of dumb ass Americans that are too stupid to know that the current system funnels that 60%, growing to 70% in the next 12 years, of all health care dollars to the speciality practices.

Until we end group health care and go back to where everyone owns THEIR OWN insurance and has to pay for it we will continue to have blank check "health" care. Most Americans eat prescription dope and we spend 200K on average for the last 8 years of someone's life. "Why not take Junior to the doctor for a cough. I have INsurance and might as well use it" and the dumasses wonder why the system is overloaded.

I bolded for emphasis, yes I fear you are right.

aside form that what are cash strapped states going to do when their share of medicaid goes up?

Also, putting off this supreme court decision win lose or draw depending on your view is dishonest and does us all a great disservice, lets get it over with, either the mandate is legal or its not.

The polls have not budged an inch either with the majority against, this wil not change, he cam play for time all he wants, but we are the loser.

Last edited:
You also neglected to mention all the old people who have been put to death by this atrocity government takeover.. :eek:

Last edited:

aside form that what are cash strapped states going to do when their share of medicaid goes up?

Also, putting off this supreme court decision win lose or draw depending on your view is dishonest and does us all a great disservice, lets get it over with, either the mandate is legal or its not.

The polls have not budged an inch either with the majority against, this wil not change, he cam play for time all he wants, but we are the loser.

The problem is with people that have government or their big business employers paying for their health care insurance. They get this as a "benefit" and utilize it like a kid that found a wallet with a dollar in it. They over utilize it.
Car insurance is not paid by an employer or as a benefit. Same with ALL other insurance such as homeowners.
Self employed entrpreneurs like myself are getting killed.The current system is unsustainable. Start with government ENDING all health benefits for their employees NOW. They get paid a good salary and need to find their OWN insurance. End preferential tax treatment for group insurance versus what is sold on the individual market. They both get the same tax status. Small business now subsidizes all the large group plans and pay 40
% more FOR THE SAME POLICIES.
Group health care insurance, where the consumer is not the customer, does not pay the bill, HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE CHARGES ARE 90% OF THE TIME and has a 3rd party insurance company making the rules and paying the freight IS WHAT HAS ruined American "health" care. Throw in government and it is all FUCKED UP.
Group health care is like the war on drugs. End it tomorrow=problem solved.

The problem is with people that have government or their big business employers paying for their health care insurance. They get this as a "benefit" and utilize it like a kid that found a wallet with a dollar in it. They over utilize it.
Car insurance is not paid by an employer or as a benefit. Same with ALL other insurance such as homeowners.
Self employed entrpreneurs like myself are getting killed.The current system is unsustainable. Start with government ENDING all health benefits for their employees NOW. They get paid a good salary and need to find their OWN insurance. End preferential tax treatment for group insurance versus what is sold on the individual market. They both get the same tax status. Small business now subsidizes all the large group plans and pay 40
% more FOR THE SAME POLICIES.
Group health care insurance, where the consumer is not the customer, does not pay the bill, HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE CHARGES ARE 90% OF THE TIME and has a 3rd party insurance company making the rules and paying the freight IS WHAT HAS ruined American "health" care. Throw in government and it is all FUCKED UP.
Group health care is like the war on drugs. End it tomorrow=problem solved.

I agree.

Everything we on the right said is true. Worse care for more people instead of better care for everyone. Cost is much more than advertised. Shortage of doctors in the future is already happening. Doctor salaries will go down which is why enrollment is down in medical schools.

Obamacare is a disaster.

I cannot wait til we get them the hell outta DC

Skyrocketing costs. The White House report warns that "health care costs have risen rapidly over the last two decades and are projected to rise even more rapidly in the future." The truth is that health-care spending is increasing at more moderate rates than in previous decades. Spending increased by 10% in 1970 and 13% in 1980. But over the last five years, spending increased less than 7% each year, and reached a low of 6% in 2007. It's true that premiums are increasing rapidly. But the White House report incorrectly blames health costs. The real cause is the declining share of care paid for out of pocket (down to 15% today from 33% in 1975). Auto-insurance premiums would also skyrocket if coverage suddenly included oil changes and tune-ups.
http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/images/WSJ_-_Obamas_Voodoo_Health_Economics_060509_.pdf

Enact TORT reform...and watch it go down.

Forum List

Back