Answer to Mass Shootings: Less Guns, or More Guns ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Liberals, including Obama and Hillary Clinton, are saying LESS guns, coming from more background checks, would stop mass shootings. Donald Trump, Ben Carson, and Conservatives in general, are calling for MORE guns as the answer to stop these awful massacres.

Who do you think is right ? More guns, or less guns ?

Last edited:
Do away with requirements for concealed carry permits and make it nationwide. All concealed carry permits do is get revenue and support those who hold the classes. If a man owns a handgun and wishes to carry it concealed instead of in plain sight, that should be his option.

Do away with requirements for concealed carry permits and make it nationwide. All concealed carry permits do is get revenue and support those who hold the classes. If a man owns a handgun and wishes to carry it concealed instead of in plain sight, that should be his option.
That's going too far. CCW law should be nationwide yes, , but you want to put guns in the pockets of criminals and xcrazy people ? That's nuts. I sense you're an anti-gun liberal, trying to stop the CCW policy, by giving it a bad name.

I disagree. I think that if you are going to be able to use your gun in public places, some training needs to be involved.

I dreaded taking the time to attend a CCW class, but afterwards, I was so happy I did. It taught me a lot of things I didn't know about including the laws and how to use them in the event you need to protect yourself.

Do you see those drive-by shootings where you live and innocent children get shot or killed? Those are people that have no training in firearms. Those are the results.

I can also say from experience at the gun range I've seen some real idiots--dangerous idiots in those booths that made me pack up and leave. Not everybody is smart enough to use a firearm in public.

That's going too far. CCW law should be nationwide yes, , but you want to put guns in the pockets of criminals and xcrazy people ? That's nuts. I sense you're an anti-gun liberal, trying to stop the CCW policy, by giving it a bad name.

No. I'm a Christian Conservative and a US Army veteran. I believe an armed citizenry is a deterrent for crime. Do away with gun free zones. That's the soft target. In Florida, I can carry my pistol on my side in plain view but I have to have a concealed carry (which I do have) permit to carry it hidden. To me, that's stupid.

I disagree. I think that if you are going to be able to use your gun in public places, some training needs to be involved.

I dreaded taking the time to attend a CCW class, but afterwards, I was so happy I did. It taught me a lot of things I didn't know about including the laws and how to use them in the event you need to protect yourself.

Do you see those drive-by shootings where you live and innocent children get shot or killed? Those are people that have no training in firearms. Those are the results.

I can also say from experience at the gun range I've seen some real idiots--dangerous idiots in those booths that made me pack up and leave. Not everybody is smart enough to use a firearm in public.

I guess you're right about some people. I grew up with guns and hunting then served in Viet Nam so I am no novice with firearms.

I think training should be mandatory for CCW...

But anybody that qualifies for a weapon and can pass it gets one...

Just saying, as ex-military.

I guess you're right about some people. I grew up with guns and hunting then served in Viet Nam so I am no novice with firearms.

That may be true, but you'd be surprised at how many adults treat guns like toys. When I strap on my gun, I pray I don't have to use it whereas there might be some people out there looking for a reason. There are a couple of states that have no training involved to get a CCW, and most of the other states will not accept them.

Liberals, including Obama and Hillary Clinton, are saying LESS guns, coming from more background checks, would stop mass shootings. Donald Trump, Ben Carson, and Conservatives in general, are calling for MORE guns as the answer to stop these awful massacres.

We must have more guns! Lots of guns! All school age children must be armed. Nursing home residents must also be armed. Everyone armed from about 6 years old to death. Road rage will become a level playing field. We must show the world that we know how to solve gun violence! We must have more guns! A panel of NRA experts will determine if anyone is mentally unfit to own a firearm.

Last edited:

We must have more guns! Lots of guns! All school age children must be armed. Nursing home residents must also be armed. Everyone armed from about 6 years old to death. Road rage will become a level playing field. We must show the world that we know how to solve gun violence! We must have more guns! A panel of NRA experts will determine if anyone is mentally unfit to own a firearm.
There you are Washington redskin, glad to see ya.

Buy more guns and ammo

No. I'm a Christian Conservative and a US Army veteran. I believe an armed citizenry is a deterrent for crime. Do away with gun free zones. That's the soft target. In Florida, I can carry my pistol on my side in plain view but I have to have a concealed carry (which I do have) permit to carry it hidden. To me, that's stupid.
What would be stupid would be allowing criminals and nutjobs to carry guns. The gun-free zones need to be opened up to guns, but only for responsible gun owners.

Bemusingly, the developed nations with fewer mass shooting events appear to have fewer handguns in circulation. I'm sure nothing can be learned from that circumstance.

Sorry but your attempt to paint gun owners as crazies, FAILED. Everyone knows your MO.

Bemusingly, the developed nations with fewer mass shooting events appear to have fewer handguns in circulation. I'm sure nothing can be learned from that circumstance.
Apples & oranges.

That's going too far. CCW law should be nationwide yes, , but you want to put guns in the pockets of criminals and xcrazy people ?

No. I want the criminals permanently removed and the crazies locked up.

But I was correct in that nothing could be learned from that circumstance. Nor will be.

Forum List

Back