Another Teacher Calls Out Indoctrination

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I LOVE the fact that teachers (past or present) are finally starting to speak out about this. A really good teacher is somebody who puts a good education for their students above their salary. More teachers need to start speaking up like this and calling it what it is.

I LOVE the fact that teachers (past or present) are finally starting to speak out about this. A really good teacher is somebody who puts a good education for their students above their salary. More teachers need to start speaking up like this and calling it what it is.

if a teacher has orange hair, staples in the face and the like, they should not be teaching

it is a grooming technique

A really good teacher is somebody who puts a good education for their students above their salary.

I'm really starting to side with young teachers who are leaving the profession over the martyr complex shown above.

Our daughter is 24. She just took a great paying corporate job. They bought her a great pair of walking shoes because it can be counted as "wellness".

We get paid peanuts and have to pay for our own students' pencils. But we are told we SHOULD do this, it's "for the kids". We are evaluated on what free time we give over and above our paid day. At the job where we must pay for our own students' pencils. Oh, and btw--we are reminded they're "not our kids". Great. So buy them their own pencils. How about that.

I have done this for 30 years, btw. It's why my evaluations are in the top 3% in my very good district.

But why, with a public that disparages me so much, and doesn't even equip my room, should I continue?

Why would ANYone?

I'm really starting to side with young teachers who are leaving the profession over the martyr complex shown above.

Our daughter is 24. She just took a great paying corporate job. They bought her a great pair of walking shoes because it can be counted as "wellness".

We get paid peanuts and have to pay for our own students' pencils. But we are told we SHOULD do this, it's "for the kids". We are evaluated on what free time we give over and above our paid day. At the job where we must pay for our own students' pencils. Oh, and btw--we are reminded they're "not our kids". Great. So buy them their own pencils. How about that.

I have done this for 30 years, btw. It's why my evaluations are in the top 3% in my very good district.

But why, with a public that disparages me so much, and doesn't even equip my room, should I continue?

Why would ANYone?
You clearly want to quit, so just quit. Stop bitching and crying about it.

I'm afraid in his own obnoxious way he's right. Emphasis on the obnoxious part though.

Can you explain to me why teachers should have to buy students school supplies?

I hope you realize that the public backlash, to which you are contributing, is like a last straw for so many YOUNG teachers. Do you?

Okay, I'll make peanuts.
Okay, I'll buy my kids their school supplies.
Okay, I'll be expected to put in many extra hours.
But now you want to dog me for everything?

And by the way, I'm quite sure the person you addressed is not a schoolteacher. He is known to be on here during all times of the school day. Unless I took a sick day or have a day off, I am NEVER here on school days.

• Banned
Can you explain to me why teachers should have to buy students school supplies?

They shouldn't. I was agreeing with him that if you don't like your job anymore you should quit. (Btw, for the record I think that he's a night school teacher.

They shouldn't. I was agreeing with him that if you don't like your job anymore you should quit. (Btw, for the record I think that he's a night school teacher.

I love my job, even still. I'm very concerned about the young teachers I see leaving the profession even in my very good school district. I have never seen teachers quit in the middle of the year. Now it's happening even where I am. Some leave the classroom in the middle of the day and simply never return.

He's a day school teacher, night school teacher, and a coach.

Forum List

Back