Another take on Obama's gay marriage stance.

Cheney, the VP, was part of a lame duck administration at the time....not nearly as significant as the Commander-in-Chief saying so, but then again, many felt Cheney was the Puppet Master.

I already said the POTUS backing an issue is a bigger deal than that of a VP. Stands to reason. Here's an irony alert for ya, looks like this time the "puppet master" was bumbling VP Joe Bite-Me... if you can believe the New York Times that is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/u...age-issue.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

WASHINGTON — A few hours before President Obama offered his historic endorsement of same-sex marriage on Wednesday, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. apologized to the president in the Oval Office for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand by airing his own views three days earlier, several people briefed on the exchange said on Thursday.

Mr. Biden declared in an interview on Sunday that he was “absolutely comfortable” with same-sex marriage, a position that went considerably further than the president’s “evolving” views on the matter and scrambled the White House’s carefully laid plans for confronting one of the most sensitive social issues in the election.

So the VP had to apologize for forcing the hand of the White House into the "we were totally going to say that before the election anyway" defense. Very noble Mr. President. Very noble indeed.

So you agree with me but initially you allude to the opposite? And how do you derive a "puppet master" analogy from the NYT article, as it's just a simple case of spilling the beans? Hmmm, you're sounding more and more like these silly neocon commentators who think their rhetoric is actually fooling someone. Just saying.

I agree that gays should have the right to marry, that's about where our agreement ends I think.

I got bubbling puppet master from Biden's forcing of the issue. I don't believe for a second that the POTUS was going to make the right call on gay marriage before the election. Obama's entire term has been one of the clowns running the circus.

A real leader does not "lead from behind" (Libya), or wait for "more latitude after the election" (Russia) or change his opinion from pro-gay marriage to anti-gay marriage to get elected to high office then "evolve" until he is a lame duck to his default position.

I do give Obama credit for making the right decision but I don't give him extra credit for making the right call for the wrong reason. (being be-clowned by VP doofus)

I stopped reading when you mention Ron Paul. I wanted him to win; but his followers need to stop being conspiracy theorists about everything. This has nothing to do with Ron Paul.

He can believe that the earth is flat, I don't give a shit. As long as he doesn't legislate it.

On the bright side... those Evangelicals who hate Romney will not get off their asses and vote for Romney. And he's kissed goodbye to a huge chunk of the Latino vote too. He's lost a lot of votes with his 'evolution'.

Only 1% of the electorate actually cares about this issue. And mostly, they were already set in who they were going to vote for.

The real tell. Romney was running away from this issue like an escaping Sister-wife who broke out of the compound. That was even BEFORE we found out he liked to bully the ghey kids in High School.

Amazing. The man states in no uncertain terms that he "evolved" regarding this issue, and came to his conclusion. Part of that included discussion with his kids who go to school with kids of gay parents.

In other words, he contemplated and then changed his position.

But of course, neocons/teabaggers immediately cast doubt on the man's integrity by insinuation. Not surprising, given that they have a GOP majority just blocking everything, and then blaming a stalled gov't on Obama.

But yet, progress has been made. And this latest announcement may or may not bring back all the Independents that sat out the 2010 election. Time will tell.

Unfortunately for Obama he has a record. The change was that he once supported Gay marriage then he didn't support Gay marriage, not vice-verse. Now, all he's done is change back in time to collect 15 million dollars from Gay supporters in Hollywood.

Of course the corrupt media was ready and waiting to trumpet his wonderful change of heart, calling it brave, historic, blah....blah.....blah....

Unfortunately you're a liar, because you cannot document beyond his 2008 position to present. One change, that he admits to. If you can prove otherwise, please do. If not, it's just more of your mud whistling BS.

You're just another intellectually bankrupt neocon/teabagger parrot squawking loud, my silly little mudwhistle.

It took me 30 seconds to Google this story about the fact that he supported Gay-marriage in 1996. Gay marriage: Barack Obama's shift on same-sex marriage nets $1m in 90 minutes | Mail Online

Obama's sudden support of gay marriage nets him $1MILLION in just 90 minutes as Republicans accuse him of 'playing politics'

Obama supported gay marriage in 1996 but later opposed it in 2004
Sasha and Malia's friends, who have gay parents, helped change the president's mind
Obama says issue should still be left up to the states
New position draws sharp contrast with Republicans like Mitt Romney, who opposes same sex unions

By Michael Zennie and Thomas Durante

PUBLISHED: 22:54 EST, 9 May 2012 | UPDATED: 11:09 EST, 10 May 2012

President Obama's dramatic change of heart on the issue of gay marriage today sent shockwaves through the political world - and a boatload of cash into his campaign war chest.

After Obama's shock announcement last night, his re-election crusade saw a massive spike in donations as gay donors lined up to pour money into his campaign.

BuzzFeed reported that Obama's campaign collected an astonishing $1million within 90 minutes after the ABC News interview aired.

But while gay rights advocates applauded Obama's announcement on Wednesday, Republicans accused the commander-in-chief of pulling off a cynical political manoeuvre.

'Log Cabin Republicans appreciate that President Obama has finally come in line with leaders like Vice President Dick Cheney on this issue, but LGBT Americans are right to be angry that this calculated announcement comes too late to be of any use to the people of North Carolina, or any of the other states that have addressed this issue on his watch.

'This administration has manipulated LGBT families for political gain as much as anybody, and after his campaign’s ridiculous contortions to deny support for marriage equality this week he does not deserve praise for an announcement that comes a day late and a dollar short.'

1996, running for Illinois State Senate: 'I favor legalizing same-sex marriages,and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.' -Barrack Obama

The president, himself, acknowledged the issue is a generational one.

'You know when I go to college campuses, sometimes I talk to college Republicans who think that I have terrible policies on the economy, on foreign policy, but are very clear that when it comes to same sex equality or, you know, believe in equality. They are much more comfortable with it,' he said in the interview.

Read more: Gay marriage: Barack Obama's shift on same-sex marriage nets $1m in 90 minutes | Mail Online

Now about Joe Biden doing this ridiculous apology to Obama for surprising him with an embarrassing issue. Joe Biden is said to have apologized to Obama for blurting out his support for same-sex marriage live during "Meet The Press" last Sunday, but their is a problem with this......the interview was recorded last Friday, enough time to have it scrapped or edited to keep Obama's "true feelings" secret. Of course most viewers think the program is done live. Nope, it was recorded 3 days before it was aired.

Basically this accident wasn't an accident at all. It was a scam intended to bring in donations......nothing more. And the left fell for it.

Last edited:
Oh, I think this was a total co-ordinated effort, and the Right walked right into the trap.

Obama comes out for marriage equality.

Romney, who just doesn't want to talk about this issue, still has to cower in front of the religious lunatics who make up the GOP Rank and File, and has to talk like a bigot.

Then the WaPO publishes a story that says he liked to beat up the gay kids in High School.

WHAMMMMMMMMMM.

Oh, I think this was a total co-ordinated effort, and the Right walked right into the trap.

Romney, who just doesn't want to talk about this issue, still has to cower in front of the religious lunatics who make up the GOP Rank and File, and has to talk like a bigot.

Then the WaPO publishes a story that says he liked to beat up the gay kids in High School.

WHAMMMMMMMMMM.

What it looks like to me is, as with every other issue he has shoveled out to us this year, the intent was to increase donations, nothing more. He did the same with the Sandra Flucke nonsense, and the Trayvan Martin incident.

So who did Obama really scam????

WHAMMMMMMMMMM.

What it looks like to me is, as with every other issue he has shoveled out to us this year, the intent was to increase donations, nothing more. He did the same with the Sandra Flucke nonsense, and the Trayvan Martin incident.

Obviously, you Right Wing idiots who keep walking into the trap.

Now, honestly, if Romney were to give me a big bag of money, and ask me for advice, I'd tell him to talk about the economy and the economy only.

But he keeps getting trapped into these discussions on the culture war, because the GOP has to get people who aren't rich voting against their own economic interests.

WHAMMMMMMMMMM.

Now, honestly, if Romney were to give me a big bag of money, and ask me for advice, I'd tell him to talk about the economy and the economy only.

But he keeps getting trapped into these discussions on the culture war, because the GOP has to get people who aren't rich voting against their own economic interests.

oh yeah, have you seen all the lamestream articles this morning? It's not the GOP not wanting to talk about the economy..I'm hopeful the people will see through all this by the Obama adminstation to try and DISTRACT people..

oh yeah, have you seen all the lamestream articles this morning? It's not the GOP not wanting to talk about the economy..I'm hopeful the people will see through all this by the Obama adminstation to try and DISTRACT people..

The problem is, if people really concentrated on the economy, there would be no GOP.

The GOP is based on making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us... no sane person would vote for that by itself. That's why they need to distract you with fear that some ghey person might get married in your church.

WHAMMMMMMMMMM.

Thanks for saying "you Right Wing idiots" because it totally blows your credibility.

You're trustworthiness is shot bud......

But just to put this in proper no-spin perspective......Romney is sticking to what is important......and it is Obama and his media that's trying to change the subject from jobs and the economy with this ridiculous nonsense. Romney is doing his thing and some journalist sticks a mic in his face asking him to comment on the shenanigans that Obama is pulling......and essentially he tells them we have more important problems in this country than whatever Obama is trying to fool people into thinking.

Obama is tricking people into sending him money while Mitt Romney is acting like a president who wants to get things done.

The kids are at play and Romney is acting like an adult.

It makes Obama look really bad if you look closely at it.

It's like the bin laden takedown being used as a fundraiser. www.gutsycall.com takes you right to a site with Obama's pic asking for donations. No information.....just give money.

Last edited:

The problem is, if people really concentrated on the economy, there would be no GOP.

The GOP is based on making the rich richer at the expense of the rest of us... no sane person would vote for that by itself. That's why they need to distract you with fear that some ghey person might get married in your church.

alright, now we are seeing your TRUE COLORS..

Thanks for saying "you Right Wing idiots" because it totally blows your credibility.

But just to put this in proper no-spin perspective......Romney is sticking to what is important......and it is Obama and his media that's trying to change the subject from jobs and the economy with this ridiculous nonsense. Romney is doing his thing and some journalist sticks a mic in his face asking him to comment on the shenanigans that Obama is pulling......and essentially he tells them we have more important problems in this country than whatever Obama is trying to fool people into thinking.

Uh, guy, the only credibility that got blown was when the GOP decided that they needed to start purging people because their belief in science trumps idealogy. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Romney's problem is that his economic policies are the same as Bush-43's.

How did that work out for you?

But if the dumb trailer park folks actually thought about that sort of thing, they'd say, "Shit, Clem, fuck the gay marriage, those rich fellas are moving our jobs to China!" That's why they need to keep them distracted.

The problem is, the distractions aren't working anymore. People are realizing it ain't the gays that are the problem, it's the greedy.

Oh, good, because I've been making myself perfectly clear, and oddly, it just doesn't seem to be getting through to you because you are kind of dense.

Then again, you have to be to keep voting against your own economic interests.

Here's the short version.

The Plutocrats went to you and said, "Hey, let's get rid of the unions", and you said, "Well, Okay-doke". And you find yourself working harder for less money.

Then they said "Hey, let's get rid of your pension and replace it with a 401K". And you said, "Okay doke" and got left with a busted 401K while they all got bailouts and bonuses.

Then they said, "Hey, let's have free trade", and you said "Okay-doke" as you watched your job go to china or India.

And on the off chance you might wake up long enough to realize that you are being conned, they say, "Hey, look at them gay folks wanting to get married!" or "Look at that woman who wants an abortion!" and you get all upset about that shit.

Uh, guy, the only credibility that got blown was when the GOP decided that they needed to start purging people because their belief in science trumps idealogy. The inmates have taken over the asylum.

But if the dumb trailer park folks actually thought about that sort of thing, they'd say, "Shit, Clem, fuck the gay marriage, those rich fellas are moving our jobs to China!" That's why they need to keep them distracted.

The problem is, the distractions aren't working anymore. People are realizing it ain't the gays that are the problem, it's the greedy.

Yes....you the professed Republican who's seen the light.

:muahaha:

Yep...

I saw the light in 2007, when my Romney loving boss decided to change my job duties so he could create a job for the daughter of a company bigwig's friend. Couldn't fire me outright, because I'd have sued the shit out of them. When I pointed out this was stupid and wrong, his only response was "Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have to deal with a union".

Yup, someone might actually question your bad decisions, bud. That company went from 66 employees to 20 today.

There's their interest and my interest.

When the GOP starts looking out for my interests again, I'll support them.

Romney ain't the guy. He's on the side of the bosses, not the guys on the line.

Oh, good, because I've been making myself perfectly clear, and oddly, it just doesn't seem to be getting through to you because you are kind of dense.

Then again, you have to be to keep voting against your own economic interests.

Here's the short version.

The Plutocrats went to you and said, "Hey, let's get rid of the unions", and you said, "Well, Okay-doke". And you find yourself working harder for less money.

Then they said "Hey, let's get rid of your pension and replace it with a 401K". And you said, "Okay doke" and got left with a busted 401K while they all got bailouts and bonuses.

Then they said, "Hey, let's have free trade", and you said "Okay-doke" as you watched your job go to china or India.

And on the off chance you might wake up long enough to realize that you are being conned, they say, "Hey, look at them gay folks wanting to get married!" or "Look at that woman who wants an abortion!" and you get all upset about that shit.

A 401k isn't the same as a pension plan.

In my last company they had a pension plan and a 401k plan. When I left the company I converted my 401k plan to an IRA which is federally protected. The company stole my pension.

Instead of ranting you need to get your talking-points right.

A 401k isn't the same as a pension plan.

In my last company they had a pension plan and a 401k plan. When I left the company I converted my 401k plan to an IRA which is federally protected. The company stole my pension.

Instead of ranting you need to get your talking-points right.

pensions were better, especially when run by the unions.

401K, you are stuck for whatever wild ride they put you on.

That was part of the painful lesson I learned at my last job.

Forum List

Back