Another take on Obama's gay marriage stance.

that almost made me tear up...:eusa_boohoo:

So Stephie just follows up each post like a neocon bitch in heat, seeking attention by humping the leg of buffoons like mudswhistle and barking failed mantras at the OP. God forbid she actually have something intelligent to comment.

My dear, witty or intelligent....you're not..

And like a good little neocon lapdog, Stephie follows the Rove tradition of trying to hijack the discussion to a personal attack level.

Sorry Stephie, but that dog of yours won't fly here. You've obviously got nothing, so have the last predictable word and I'll just ignore you. Say something of worth, you'll get a response.

You're first sentence is a moot point which doesn't change what the man stated as HIS PERSONAL OPINION regarding gay marriage!

Your second sentence is yet another misfire from a neocon/teabagger blowhard.

Obama embraces corruption over integrity, EVERY time. He is extremely predictable. Is it lawful?...Obama: against. Is it illegal or will it violate a person's rights? .... Obame: for.
This is just another habitual reflex of his. Pick a topic any topic and see which side he protects, it will be the one against order. I think we should vote for him again, everyone loved Bernie Madoff until they wanted to see investment results and they found out that he used "their" money to fund his own extravegant lifestyle (the comparison is too clear). Then they were too "embarrassed" to admit they supported him out loud.

Forward!

Lemmings. (The cliff is just ahead)

Man, you should write for Limbaugh or Beck or Levine or Drudge or Maulkin.

Seriously, do you have anything of intelligence and worth regarding the subject matter of the OP and how it affects the upcoming election? If not, I can just IA you and then tune on the forementioned neocon/teabagger bullhorns. Your move.

I say we "continue" to vote for the "fraud"!!!!!

The anti gay American crowd rings horrendous bells:

Paragraph 175 (known formally as §175 StGB; also known as Section 175 in English) was a provision of the German Criminal Code from 15 May 1871 to 10 March 1994. It made homosexual acts between males a crime, and in early revisions the provision also criminalized bestiality. All in all, around 140,000 men were convicted under the law.
The statute was amended several times. The Nazis broadened the law in 1935; in the prosecutions that followed, thousands died in concentration camps. East Germany reverted to the old version of the law in 1950, limited its scope to sex with youths under 18 in 1968, and abolished it entirely in 1988. West Germany retained the Nazi-era statute until 1969, when it was limited to "qualified cases"; it was further attenuated in 1973, and finally revoked entirely in 1994 after German reunification.

Paragraph 175 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well let's see folks...

Which GROUP do you think Obama has left to try and rile up? I think he's USED just about all of them..

women
blacks
and now gays

it's been a steady drip drip drip month after month one after another..

this man is not A UNITER at all, he is the worst DIVIDER I have ever lived under..I don't think the people will fall anymore for what the administration is dropping all over this country..

November is just a few months away..let's get rid of this horrible administration..Of course what we saw during the Bush administration and even today with the OWS with the help from the Progressives....I don't see any United happening anytime soon..

One of my brothers had an interesting take on President Obama's "evolving" to endorse gay marriage: making this announcement goes to prevent a third party candidate from forming, as the issue essentially sets up a "for or against" wedge with no middle ground. So you already have Romney's "against" and Obama's "for".....and that puts Ron Paul between a rock and a hard place as a potential "king maker" in the GOP (releasing his delegates to Romney at the upcoming GOP Caucus), as the "against" crowd would depend upon State government to alter their Constitutions to prevent gay marriage, and the "for" crowd would depend upon the Federal government to override individual State rulings.

But I note that the kicker is the President's statement means little, being that any pro-gay marriage bills would stall in either the House or the Senate, and the Democrats are NOT united on this issue. Since there is no bill to date on Capitol Hill that would ban gay marriage in America, Obama has nothing to veto.

At most, Obama may solidify enough votes to off set the 30 states that have passed anti-gay marriage laws on this issue.....and I seriously doubt that he's going to lose significant voting numbers because of this. Time will tell....and indeed we are witnessing interesting times!

Obama has done exactly that.
He took the middle of the CYA road.

He called it his personal opinion to whip all of you ass-lickers into a lather, thinking it makes a difference what he thinks.

He said it's a state-by-state issue to appease the Indies that call them selves that because they're too dumb to know that's how it has been all along.

All the while distancing himself from the majority of Americans that have common sense to know the difference.

:eusa_hand:

translation: seems my analysis struck a nerve with our resident neocon/teabagger bullhorn, because all he's done is pour his vindictive supposition and conjecture over what I've written....but as usual hortysir is just full of hot air.

"Neocon/teabagger"?
:lol:

Too dumb to know how opposite those two terms are, hunh?!

Also too dumb to see that nowhere in my post did I call the President's statement/position a bad move.
The first 2 groups I mentioned may outnumber the third. I hope and pray that the 3rd is really the majority.
It was a pretty brilliant political strategy, if badly timed....or maybe, just maybe WELL timed.

TIME will tell.
6 months to be almost exact.
:D

I'm not trying to ruin your high, man....
:eusa_shifty:

Amazing. The man states in no uncertain terms that he "evolved" regarding this issue, and came to his conclusion. Part of that included discussion with his kids who go to school with kids of gay parents.

In other words, he contemplated and then changed his position.

But of course, neocons/teabaggers immediately cast doubt on the man's integrity by insinuation. Not surprising, given that they have a GOP majority just blocking everything, and then blaming a stalled gov't on Obama.

But yet, progress has been made. And this latest announcement may or may not bring back all the Independents that sat out the 2010 election. Time will tell.

Congrats, it only took Obama a year and a half to evolve into Dick Cheney on the issue of gay marriage. At least he landed on the correct side IMHO. And not for nothing but using the BS term "evolve" is pretty disingenuous since Obama was pro-gay marriage in the 90's and only changed to run for higher office in the first place.

And how is this for leading from behind...

And for all of those who cheered this flip-flop, here’s a question: wouldn’t it have been more effective in North Carolina had Obama made this announcement before Amendment One went to the polls? According to Obama himself, he’d already changed position on same-sex marriage. An announcement last week or the week before that, with a personal plea to African-American voters, might have made a difference. Instead, Obama hid, the White House fibbed, and Amendment One won easily in a state that Obama carried in 2008. Regardless of whatever else this might be called, leadership isn’t among the terms that come to mind.

Obama: Yeah, we’ve been fibbing about my position on same-sex marriage for a while now, or something « Hot Air

Que sirrah sirrah. While it lacked both bravery and leadership and stunk of political skeevieness(sp?), at least Obama landed eventually in a decent place. As long as the State involves itself in marriage, it ought to do so equally for all citizens.

FWIW this is not a big enough issue to move the political needle in any noticeable direction.

A lot of "what if's" in your source material...but the bottom line is that this may ring significantly with the Independent voters that sat out the 2010 election....DESPITE the cries of "flip-flop" and "liar" from the neocons and teabaggers.

Indeed. What if Obama was a leader? What if Obama was honest? What if Obama fought the good fight? etc etc

I still don't think the political needle gets moved here. Independents always sit out the mid-terms so of course they will show up again this November. But between now and then they will follow the economy, go to work (if they have jobs), buy gas and pay their taxes and do a hundred things they care about more than the Presidents opinion on gay marriage.

President Obama is right on this issue IMHO but has bungled it in most every way he could have. It will not help him and it just might hurt him. Historically it's only a slightly bigger deal than VP Cheney coming out in favor of gay marriage.

Obama is merely coming out and saying what he privately believes anyway. And has probably always privately believed. It might be the most honest moment in his administration.

But if it anyone thinks it will rescue his sinking administration they are sadly mistaken.

Amazing. The man states in no uncertain terms that he "evolved" regarding this issue, and came to his conclusion. Part of that included discussion with his kids who go to school with kids of gay parents.

But of course, neocons/teabaggers immediately cast doubt on the man's integrity by insinuation. Not surprising, given that they have a GOP majority just blocking everything, and then blaming a stalled gov't on Obama.

But yet, progress has been made. And this latest announcement may or may not bring back all the Independents that sat out the 2010 election. Time will tell.

Unfortunately for Obama he has a record. The change was that he once supported Gay marriage then he didn't support Gay marriage, not vice-verse. Now, all he's done is change back in time to collect 15 million dollars from Gay supporters in Hollywood.

Of course the corrupt media was ready and waiting to trumpet his wonderful change of heart, calling it brave, historic, blah....blah.....blah....

Last edited:
Obama is merely coming out and saying what he privately believes anyway. And has probably always privately believed. It might be the most honest moment in his administration.

But if it anyone thinks it will rescue his sinking administration they are sadly mistaken.

Unfortunately for Obama he has a record. The change was that he once supported Gay marriage then he didn't support Gay marriage, not vice-verse. Now, all he's done is change back in time to collect 15 million dollars from Gay supporters in Hollywood.

Of course the corrupt media was ready and waiting to trumpet his wonderful change of heart, calling it brave, historic, blah....blah.....blah....

Humans often alter their beliefs on matters, thus my posts that Romney may also CHANGE HIS MIND. I do not want a President that cannot be persuaded, on occasion.

Obama has done exactly that.
He took the middle of the CYA road.

He called it his personal opinion to whip all of you ass-lickers into a lather, thinking it makes a difference what he thinks.

He said it's a state-by-state issue to appease the Indies that call them selves that because they're too dumb to know that's how it has been all along.

All the while distancing himself from the majority of Americans that have common sense to know the difference.

:eusa_hand:

translation: seems my analysis struck a nerve with our resident neocon/teabagger bullhorn, because all he's done is pour his vindictive supposition and conjecture over what I've written....but as usual hortysir is just full of hot air.

"Neocon/teabagger"?

Too dumb to know how opposite those two terms are, hunh?!

Also too dumb to see that nowhere in my post did I call the President's statement/position a bad move.
The first 2 groups I mentioned may outnumber the third. I hope and pray that the 3rd is really the majority.
It was a pretty brilliant political strategy, if badly timed....or maybe, just maybe WELL timed.

TIME will tell.
6 months to be almost exact.
:D

I'm not trying to ruin your high, man....
:eusa_shifty:

Sorry to inform you bunky, but you're not fooling anyone or impressing anyone with your smug attitude.

I never said that you called the President's move bad, now did I bunky? I merely pointed out that you used the opportunity to spew invectives at the people who support him....liberals, progressives and independents.

YOU don't have the guts to take an honest stance, do ya chuckles? So essentially you make moot statements akin to the OP, but shower it with your partisan dreck. Man, a jr. high school kid can see through your silliness.

Neocons and teabaggers......the flip side of a right wingnut coin....one is just more willfully ignorant than the other.

Laugh, clown, laugh.

Unfortunately you're a liar, because you cannot document beyond his 2008 position to present. One change, that he admits to. If you can prove otherwise, please do. If not, it's just more of your mud whistling BS.

You're just another intellectually bankrupt neocon/teabagger parrot squawking loud, my silly little mudwhistle.

Mittens says "Marriage is between a man and a woman, and another woman, and maybe a couple of underage girls."

Good point comrade
Romney his great-grandfather was a polygamist. Miles Park Romney died in 1904

But

Papa Obama has a long tradition
Papa Obama’s father was a polygamist; his grandfather was a polygamist; and his great-grandfather was a polygamist who had five wives

Oh boy, it must be good now

at least more current
:eusa_whistle:

Congrats, it only took Obama a year and a half to evolve into Dick Cheney on the issue of gay marriage. At least he landed on the correct side IMHO. And not for nothing but using the BS term "evolve" is pretty disingenuous since Obama was pro-gay marriage in the 90's and only changed to run for higher office in the first place.

And how is this for leading from behind...

Obama: Yeah, we’ve been fibbing about my position on same-sex marriage for a while now, or something « Hot Air

Que sirrah sirrah. While it lacked both bravery and leadership and stunk of political skeevieness(sp?), at least Obama landed eventually in a decent place. As long as the State involves itself in marriage, it ought to do so equally for all citizens.

FWIW this is not a big enough issue to move the political needle in any noticeable direction.

A lot of "what if's" in your source material...but the bottom line is that this may ring significantly with the Independent voters that sat out the 2010 election....DESPITE the cries of "flip-flop" and "liar" from the neocons and teabaggers.

Indeed. What if Obama was a leader? What if Obama was honest? What if Obama fought the good fight? etc etc

Indeed, he's the President, duly elected. Indeed he's honest enough to save the economy, get Bin Ladin. Indeed, he's fighting the good fight against the neocon/teabagger cabal.

I still don't think the political needle gets moved here. You can't predict what will happen in the next couple of months. Independents always sit out the mid-terms so of course they will show up again this November. But between now and then they will follow the economy, go to work (if they have jobs), buy gas and pay their taxes and do a hundred things they care about more than the Presidents opinion on gay marriage. Major flaw in your statement here as the Independents THIS TIME made it quite clear as to WHY they were sitting out, and they did so in higher than normal numbers.President Obama is right on this issue IMHO but has bungled it in most every way he could have. It will not help him and it just might hurt him. Historically it's only a slightly bigger deal than VP Cheney coming out in favor of gay marriage.

Cheney, the VP, was part of a lame duck administration at the time....not nearly as significant as the Commander-in-Chief saying so, but then again, many felt Cheney was the Puppet Master.

Obama embraces corruption over integrity, EVERY time. He is extremely predictable. Is it lawful?...Obama: against. Is it illegal or will it violate a person's rights? .... Obame: for.
This is just another habitual reflex of his. Pick a topic any topic and see which side he protects, it will be the one against order. I think we should vote for him again, everyone loved Bernie Madoff until they wanted to see investment results and they found out that he used "their" money to fund his own extravegant lifestyle (the comparison is too clear). Then they were too "embarrassed" to admit they supported him out loud.

Forward!

Lemmings. (The cliff is just ahead)

Man, you should write for Limbaugh or Beck or Levine or Drudge or Maulkin.

Seriously, do you have anything of intelligence and worth regarding the subject matter of the OP and how it affects the upcoming election? If not, I can just IA you and then tune on the forementioned neocon/teabagger bullhorns. Your move.

I say we "continue" to vote for the "fraud"!!!!!

So go vote for Romney....no one is stopping you.

You're done, chump.

Papa Obama had a vision
as all great leaders do
:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHo6CUq4-o]SHIRI - YouTube[/ame]

Well let's see folks...

Which GROUP do you think Obama has left to try and rile up? I think he's USED just about all of them..

women
blacks
and now gays

it's been a steady drip drip drip month after month one after another..

this man is not A UNITER at all, he is the worst DIVIDER I have ever lived under..I don't think the people will fall anymore for what the administration is dropping all over this country..

November is just a few months away..let's get rid of this horrible administration..Of course what we saw during the Bush administration and even today with the OWS with the help from the Progressives....I don't see any United happening anytime soon..

Only a complete idiot would interpret the President making a statement regarding the Constitutional and civil rights of a part of the American population as "riling them up" and "dividing" people.

Who's being divided, Steph? Idiots like you want a status quo that satisfies ONLY your beliefs? Don't like it, MOVE OUT...because America is NOT a theocracy or a fascist dictate.

Well he is going against blacks on this one

An ABC/Washington Post polling shows 55% of black voters are still against it. That compares to 43% of whites.

To think, the bad economy for them might have been enough to make them angry at Papa Obama

Indeed, he's the President, duly elected. Being in charge is not the same thing as being a leader. Indeed he's honest enough to save the economy, get Bin Ladin. You should look up the word "honesty". Otherwise the economy is merely $5T sicker than it was and dead Osama is a good win, always said so. Indeed, he's fighting the good fight against the neocon/teabagger cabal. Someone already called you on this one. "neocon's and teabaggers" are more different ideologically than democrats and republicans.

I still don't think the political needle gets moved here. You can't predict what will happen in the next couple of months. Of course I can. :lol: Independents always sit out the mid-terms so of course they will show up again this November. But between now and then they will follow the economy, go to work (if they have jobs), buy gas and pay their taxes and do a hundred things they care about more than the Presidents opinion on gay marriage. Major flaw in your statement here as the Independents THIS TIME made it quite clear as to WHY they were sitting out, and they did so in higher than normal numbers. Political spin and nothing more than a lame attempt to whitewash the death of the blue dog dems. President Obama is right on this issue IMHO but has bungled it in most every way he could have. It will not help him and it just might hurt him. Historically it's only a slightly bigger deal than VP Cheney coming out in favor of gay marriage.

Cheney, the VP, was part of a lame duck administration at the time....not nearly as significant as the Commander-in-Chief saying so, but then again, many felt Cheney was the Puppet Master.

I already said the POTUS backing an issue is a bigger deal than that of a VP. Stands to reason. Here's an irony alert for ya, looks like this time the "puppet master" was bumbling VP Joe Bite-Me... if you can believe the New York Times that is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/u...age-issue.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

WASHINGTON — A few hours before President Obama offered his historic endorsement of same-sex marriage on Wednesday, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. apologized to the president in the Oval Office for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand by airing his own views three days earlier, several people briefed on the exchange said on Thursday.

Mr. Biden declared in an interview on Sunday that he was “absolutely comfortable” with same-sex marriage, a position that went considerably further than the president’s “evolving” views on the matter and scrambled the White House’s carefully laid plans for confronting one of the most sensitive social issues in the election.

So the VP had to apologize for forcing the hand of the White House into the "we were totally going to say that before the election anyway" defense. Very noble Mr. President. Very noble indeed.

Last edited:

Indeed, he's the President, duly elected. Being in charge is not the same thing as being a leader. Indeed he's honest enough to save the economy, get Bin Ladin. You should look up the word "honesty". Otherwise the economy is merely $5T sicker than it was and dead Osama is a good win, always said so. Indeed, he's fighting the good fight against the neocon/teabagger cabal. Someone already called you on this one. "neocon's and teabaggers" are more different ideologically than democrats and republicans.

1. Okay, so you don't like Obama, period. I deduce this as YOU consider his call regarding Libya, getting Bin Ladin, saving the auto industry from bankruptcy, pushing to get healthcare for poor working people, making the call on the Somali pirates...just to name a few things....NOT leadership. So pray tell, what do YOU consider "leadership" from the Office of the President of the USA?

2. If the economy is sicker, then the auto industry should have gone belly-up, because the Shrub only wangled a portion of money for it. But as we all know, that is not the case under Obama.

3. Neocons and teabaggers are just the flip side of the same right wing coin....one is just a little dumber and more gullible than the other. Hint: Dick Armey and company sure as hell are not teabaggers, but they did fund the little dummies manufactured dissent to get their votes.

I still don't think the political needle gets moved here. You can't predict what will happen in the next couple of months. Of course I can. :lol: Independents always sit out the mid-terms so of course they will show up again this November. But between now and then they will follow the economy, go to work (if they have jobs), buy gas and pay their taxes and do a hundred things they care about more than the Presidents opinion on gay marriage. Major flaw in your statement here as the Independents THIS TIME made it quite clear as to WHY they were sitting out, and they did so in higher than normal numbers. Political spin and nothing more than a lame attempt to whitewash the death of the blue dog dems.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only spin here was on YOUR part. If you like, I can document what I assert here from an easy search. Can you?

President Obama is right on this issue IMHO but has bungled it in most every way he could have. It will not help him and it just might hurt him. Historically it's only a slightly bigger deal than VP Cheney coming out in favor of gay marriage.

I already said the POTUS backing an issue is a bigger deal than that of a VP. Stands to reason. Here's an irony alert for ya, looks like this time the "puppet master" was bumbling VP Joe Bite-Me... if you can believe the New York Times that is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/u...age-issue.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

WASHINGTON — A few hours before President Obama offered his historic endorsement of same-sex marriage on Wednesday, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. apologized to the president in the Oval Office for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand by airing his own views three days earlier, several people briefed on the exchange said on Thursday.

Mr. Biden declared in an interview on Sunday that he was “absolutely comfortable” with same-sex marriage, a position that went considerably further than the president’s “evolving” views on the matter and scrambled the White House’s carefully laid plans for confronting one of the most sensitive social issues in the election.

So the VP had to apologize for forcing the hand of the White House into the "we were totally going to say that before the election anyway" defense. Very noble Mr. President. Very noble indeed.

So you agree with me but initially you allude to the opposite? And how do you derive a "puppet master" analogy from the NYT article, as it's just a simple case of spilling the beans? Hmmm, you're sounding more and more like these silly neocon commentators who think their rhetoric is actually fooling someone. Just saying.

Forum List

Back