Another perspective

If you are a racist white, then yes you are morally inferior

Havent you read the article? White people are racist no matter what they do...

:lol:

As I said - the delusion of victimhood.

If you actually read the article, which I doubt, you missed the point by a mile.

I did read the article and what I got from it is that in order not to be racist, us white people need to shut up when a "person of color" is speaking, not feel offended when they say racist things to us, go out and look for black folks to engage with and have yell at us...

That's a bit harsh. White racism is America's birth defect.

I don't think I am going out on a limb very far by stating yes we whites are racist. It is only a question of how much, do we fight the urge and what are we going to do about it.

But what
If that's how you see it, then you are part of the problem.

What problem ... :dunno:

I'll just be happy when we can move forward and explore/embrace the opportunities of what we can accomplish together.
If y'all want to stay stuck in the last two centuries, talking about who is angry with crap some of us had no part in and don't give a rat's ass about ...

Than all I can say is that is less than productive and a waste of time.

you’ve “witnessed” across the past two centuries up until today; is precisely what we can do together. Where’s the confusion? Do you need to hit a magic number of centuries until you accept the natural results of “ multiculturalism? If so your in luck! Just start from today; and work backwards, until you hit that magic number. Because no matter how far back you go... where races collide; conflict ensues. Glad I could help.

I'll just be happy when we can move forward and explore/embrace the opportunities of what we can accomplish together.
If y'all want to stay stuck in the last two centuries, talking about who is angry with crap some of us had no part in and don't give a rat's ass about ...

There's no need to get so defensive.

This is the root of the problem, right here.

You look at any discussion of race as a personal attack on you - so you get defensive, and shut everything out.

You say you want to "move on" - but how can you expect anyone to "move on" when you reject any opinion they have out of hand?

"at whites can did" And you say you have a college degree?

I find that claim suspect, sorry. :rolleyes:

I also feel sorry that you don't feel the love shared between white and black brethren where I live.

You'll have to let it go or be eaten alive by the bile, though.

As I said - the delusion of victimhood.

If you actually read the article, which I doubt, you missed the point by a mile.

I did read the article and what I got from it is that in order not to be racist, us white people need to shut up when a "person of color" is speaking, not feel offended when they say racist things to us, go out and look for black folks to engage with and have yell at us...

That's not what the article said, that's what your delusions of victimhood translated it to.

OK we have had multiple threads about how blacks can do this or that and usually when the subject is turned to whites the thread gets trolled or moved. How about we look at a phenomenon called White Fragility. This is a term coined by a white female, Dr. Robin Deangelo.

th

White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress
. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

“Any white person living in the United States will develop opinions about race simply by swimming in the water of our culture. But mainstream sources—schools, textbooks, media—don’t provide us with the multiple perspectives we need. Yes, we will develop strong emotionally laden opinions, but they will not be informed opinions. Our socialization renders us racially illiterate. When you add a lack of humility to that illiteracy (because we don’t know what we don’t know), you get the break-down we so often see when trying to engage white people in meaningful conversations about race.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

We have heard all the many ways blacks are fucked up and how we need to change according to the many whites here. How about we now look at what WHITES can did to erase the division by race in America?
That’s easy. Ship out the non whites.

Hard to do when they are breeding with whites now.

I wonder how many whites are afraid to have their DNA ancestry checked?

I agree but I also hear what IM2 is saying about whites understanding where the hate comes from on the black end. It's obvious, and it is something we can't just dismiss as stemming from a long time ago. It's there now so it still has to be taken into consideration.

This is not about hate on the black end. This again is the major problem when we start talking to whites about this issue. We are talking about whites having the inability to listen to us. Then when you call our anger hate you miss everything. There is no both sides of the same coin here old lady. There is the hate whites created and the angry response to that hate by those who have had to suffer with the hate whites have.
Whites need to hear the anger and in some cases the outright hate to understand exactly what their racism has done to people.
You brought the word "hate" into the discussion, not me. But if as a white person I don't have the right to use that term, okay.
I get where the anger comes from; you'd have to be a nitwit not to. You'd also have to be a nitwit not to understand the impact that slavery and Jim Crow has had on the black community over the course of hundreds of years, generations and generations of people living under those conditions of complete powerlessness. It does not just magically disappear because of the Civil Rights Act.

I seem to be having trouble grasping your real point here; no doubt because I'm white. LOL

Maybe what we need now is a point of discussion, not just pointing out how we don't listen when there are some people here who have read what you said and made an attempt to reply, presumably are listening to some extent. So discuss.

OK we have had multiple threads about how blacks can do this or that and usually when the subject is turned to whites the thread gets trolled or moved. How about we look at a phenomenon called White Fragility. This is a term coined by a white female, Dr. Robin Deangelo.

th

White people in North America live in a social environment that protects and insulates them from race-based stress
. This insulated environment of racial protection builds white expectations for racial comfort while at the same time lowering the ability to tolerate racial stress, leading to what I refer to as White Fragility. White Fragility is a state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive moves. These moves include the outward display of emotions such as anger, fear, and guilt, and behaviors such as argumentation, silence, and leaving the stress-inducing situation. These behaviors, in turn, function to reinstate white racial equilibrium.”

“Any white person living in the United States will develop opinions about race simply by swimming in the water of our culture. But mainstream sources—schools, textbooks, media—don’t provide us with the multiple perspectives we need. Yes, we will develop strong emotionally laden opinions, but they will not be informed opinions. Our socialization renders us racially illiterate. When you add a lack of humility to that illiteracy (because we don’t know what we don’t know), you get the break-down we so often see when trying to engage white people in meaningful conversations about race.”

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

We have heard all the many ways blacks are fucked up and how we need to change according to the many whites here. How about we now look at what WHITES can did to erase the division by race in America?
Johnnie Turner says black people have to tell their stories. People have to hear the stories or they won't know. Instead of just bonking white people over the head for being ignorant racists, why not tell the stories that would help us SEE the other side. What happens here in discussion about race never gets us anywhere because no one's perspective gets changed. We can't walk in your shoes until you tell us what it is like on a daily basis. Don't scream it at us or exaggerate it. Just tell the stories.
Just a suggestion.

While I appreciate what you have said, whites have for the better part of 2.5 centuries beat us over the head about how worthless we are. And we have asked for that to stop. It doesn't. So then when we talk to whites, once again they try establishing the rules we have to follow in order to for them to listen. And that's one of the main problems with this kind of discussion. Whites need to hear the anger and in some cases the outright hate to understand exactly what their racism has done to people. I think it's highly unfair for whites to tell us that they won't listen unless we say it to them how they want to hear it. I know you mean no harm here old lady but that is exactly what you have done. We have told you what it was like for us for at least 241 years. We have been screamed at and killed for trying to do it as well. So in my view if screaming is warranted that's what should be done. Therefore let me help you see what you have just done,.

We aren't listening at all. YOU are responsible for your life. Not me, not the President, not the UN. George Soros thinks he can use you to cause grief for the USA. We aren't listening to him either.

You have the exact rights that I have. Scream all you want. You turn towns into ghettos, you created Chicago's new norm, You don't raise your children to be productive individuals. The drummer I hired to teach my youth group kids, had 11 kids of his own. He even knew where 2 of them were. Then we all got to watch him be arraigned for selling crack. Sadly, he is NOT the exception to the rule.

Ben Carson kept his zipper zipped, said no to the pipe and went to school. Emulate him instead of the drummer, and then watch your "privileges" improve. We aren't putting you in your place. YOU are the problem with you.

I'll continue to work hard to provide for my family and you go put a black hoodie on and hang out in the street. Paychecks are what make me look privileged to you.
I'll put in a new pool. I told the business I shouldn't have to pay for it because I am white, but contrary to what you believe, I had to pay for it just like Mr. Carson had to pay for his. What you consider privilege, others understand as a reward for a job well done. A paycheck.

And tomorrow, you'll put on your black hoodie, and whine about whitey's pool. I won't hear you, because I'll be in the pool............

When Obama was elected president in two landslides, I was sure Americans had passed a racial milestone.

Then came trump and I was convinced we had not passed that milestone. Worse, we had gone backwards on intelligence.

Last edited:

I also feel sorry that you don't feel the love shared between white and black brethren where I live.

What you find suspect is irrelevant. I'm not letting a damn thing go until racism ends. I am a healthy man.Have been so my entire life and fighting racism is not going to eat anything. Doing what you say will.

I feel plenty of love between white and blacks here. But that doesn't mean there is no racism.

You know what I have been taught in this life is that when you got a bunch of people doing what you are doing, I am doing the right thing. The spiritual enemy always wants us to stop fighting for right.

th

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

That’s easy. Ship out the non whites.

Hard to do when they are breeding with whites now.

I wonder how many whites are afraid to have their DNA ancestry checked?
That’s not too hard. The solution is easy. They go too. Very true about the mongrels though...

Na
When Obama was elected president in two landslides, I was sure American had passed a racial milestone.

Then came trump and I was convinced we had not passed that milestone. Worse, we had gone backwards on intelligence.
Nah... youre just feeling conflicted watching natural reality, overriding your lofty ideological hopes.

What you find suspect is irrelevant. I'm not letting a damn thing go until racism ends. I am a healthy man.Have been so my entire life and fighting racism is not going to eat anything. Doing what you say will.

I feel plenty of love between white and blacks here. But that doesn't mean there is no racism.

You know what I have been taught in this life is that when you got a bunch of people doing what you are doing, I am doing the right thing. The spiritual enemy always wants us to stop fighting for right.

How can the racism ever end if you never let it go?

:uhoh3:

W

That's a bit harsh. White racism is America's birth defect.

I don't think I am going out on a limb very far by stating yes we whites are racist. It is only a question of how much, do we fight the urge and what are we going to do about it.
What you are calling a birth defect; is a natural instinct. And the further we’ve forced ourselves from behaving as nature intended; the more conflict has arisen... Why fight nature? It’s ultimately a losing battle. I find life offers much less resistance when I embrace my humanity.

There are a lot of angry people out there, BlackSand. I'd love to think we could all do what you plan to do, but I think it is ignoring a problem that won't go away because we will it. I hope I'm wrong.

I understand what you are saying ... But it really isn't ignoring the problem as much as no longer enabling it.

There is nothing people in my generation can do to fix the crap that came before us.
We aren't responsible for the garbage your generations dumped in our laps.

Anyone is free to be angry about whatever they want to be angry about.
I am just saying we really don't need to humor that garbage any further.
It will do more harm than good in the long run ... It solves nothing ... It only festers more hatred.

Th

How can the racism ever end if you never let it go?

:uhoh3:
The sociological/biological answer to that question is far simpler than people try to make it. As long as different races are competing for the same resources, racism will continue. The answer is the elephant in the room...

There are a lot of angry people out there, BlackSand. I'd love to think we could all do what you plan to do, but I think it is ignoring a problem that won't go away because we will it. I hope I'm wrong.

I understand what you are saying ... But it really isn't ignoring the problem as much as no longer enabling it.

There is nothing people in my generation can do to fix the crap that came before us.
We aren't responsible for the garbage your generations dumped in our laps.

Anyone is free to be angry about whatever they want to be angry about.
I am just saying we really don't need to humor that garbage any further.
It will do more harm than good in the long run ... It solves nothing ... It only festers more hatred.

Just so you know, my generation is the one that chained ourselves to the Woolworth lunch counters and went south to get blacks registered to vote. We believed in equality and still do.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

th

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Johnnie Turner says black people have to tell their stories. People have to hear the stories or they won't know. Instead of just bonking white people over the head for being ignorant racists, why not tell the stories that would help us SEE the other side. What happens here in discussion about race never gets us anywhere because no one's perspective gets changed. We can't walk in your shoes until you tell us what it is like on a daily basis. Don't scream it at us or exaggerate it. Just tell the stories.
Just a suggestion.

While I appreciate what you have said, whites have for the better part of 2.5 centuries beat us over the head about how worthless we are. And we have asked for that to stop. It doesn't. So then when we talk to whites, once again they try establishing the rules we have to follow in order to for them to listen. And that's one of the main problems with this kind of discussion. Whites need to hear the anger and in some cases the outright hate to understand exactly what their racism has done to people. I think it's highly unfair for whites to tell us that they won't listen unless we say it to them how they want to hear it. I know you mean no harm here old lady but that is exactly what you have done. We have told you what it was like for us for at least 241 years. We have been screamed at and killed for trying to do it as well. So in my view if screaming is warranted that's what should be done. Therefore let me help you see what you have just done,.

We aren't listening at all. YOU are responsible for your life. Not me, not the President, not the UN. George Soros thinks he can use you to cause grief for the USA. We aren't listening to him either.

You have the exact rights that I have. Scream all you want. You turn towns into ghettos, you created Chicago's new norm, You don't raise your children to be productive individuals. The drummer I hired to teach my youth group kids, had 11 kids of his own. He even knew where 2 of them were. Then we all got to watch him be arraigned for selling crack. Sadly, he is NOT the exception to the rule.

Ben Carson kept his zipper zipped, said no to the pipe and went to school. Emulate him instead of the drummer, and then watch your "privileges" improve. We aren't putting you in your place. YOU are the problem with you.

I'll continue to work hard to provide for my family and you go put a black hoodie on and hang out in the street. Paychecks are what make me look privileged to you.
I'll put in a new pool. I told the business I shouldn't have to pay for it because I am white, but contrary to what you believe, I had to pay for it just like Mr. Carson had to pay for his. What you consider privilege, others understand as a reward for a job well done. A paycheck.

And tomorrow, you'll put on your black hoodie, and whine about whitey's pool. I won't hear you, because I'll be in the pool............

Here is anther example the article was talking about.

Well you see, I went to college and got a masters degree in sociology. I then spent 32 years doing work in the black community. I have never hit the pipe or fathered a child out of wedlock. Ben Carson means nothing to me. He's a punk ass sellout whites like you love to use as an example because he do the bojangles for you ,wear the black face and shuffle like the black minstrel lawn jockey he is. I have helped build one business and helped 2 others grow. But that doesn't mean racism ended. I earned my checks bitch. All of them. So I will put on my black hoodie tomorrow and watch those like you cry about how whites are losing their country. And if I am standing on the street in my black hoodie it is because I am fucking retired. You know what that is? It is the reward for years of a well done job. So don't YOU be like the drummer, ignorant and whining about what privilege is. YOU and those like you are the problem. I'm part of the solution.

So you don't have to hear anything, but when the change hits and you ask what happened, you will understand that you drowned in your pool.

When Obama was elected president in two landslides, I was sure Americans had passed a racial milestone.

If you take a look at the roper center results of both elections by race, you will see that Obama never got even close to 50 percent of the white vote.

Forum List

Back