'I am not a Jew with trembling knees'

'Above one of the classroom whiteboards in the Jewish day school I attended as a child hung a poster featuring the face of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin alongside a quote: “I’m not a Jew with trembling knees.”

I would be tempted to say that our present circumstances call for a proud Jew to tell that to Joe Biden, but the fact is that he’s already been told — by Begin himself. In 1982, at a closed-door meeting of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Biden had threatened Begin with cutting off military aid for Israel’s offensive campaign in Lebanon. As Tevi Troy noted in the Wall Street Journal, the story went that Begin responded in fiery outrage:​

Forty-two years later, Joe Biden has learned nothing.
But we have learned who Joe Biden truly is. That he is doing exactly what he threatened Begin with over four decades ago suggests that Biden’s actions in pledging to withhold weaponry for an Israeli offensive into Rafah, however surprising they might seem to some, are drawn from a long-standing outlook toward Israel. In other words, Biden threatening to cut off aid to the Jewish state if it takes measures against its enemies is a feature, rather than a bug, of his decades-old policy.
Menachem Begin saw clearly. We can’t say we weren’t warned.
Anyone?

Do all Jews support Zionism?

'Above one of the classroom whiteboards in the Jewish day school I attended as a child hung a poster featuring the face of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin alongside a quote: “I’m not a Jew with trembling knees.”

I would be tempted to say that our present circumstances call for a proud Jew to tell that to Joe Biden, but the fact is that he’s already been told — by Begin himself. In 1982, at a closed-door meeting of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Biden had threatened Begin with cutting off military aid for Israel’s offensive campaign in Lebanon. As Tevi Troy noted in the Wall Street Journal, the story went that Begin responded in fiery outrage:​

Forty-two years later, Joe Biden has learned nothing.
But we have learned who Joe Biden truly is. That he is doing exactly what he threatened Begin with over four decades ago suggests that Biden’s actions in pledging to withhold weaponry for an Israeli offensive into Rafah, however surprising they might seem to some, are drawn from a long-standing outlook toward Israel. In other words, Biden threatening to cut off aid to the Jewish state if it takes measures against its enemies is a feature, rather than a bug, of his decades-old policy.
Menachem Begin saw clearly. We can’t say we weren’t warned.
dimocraps are scum.

Jews are learning that a little late but, hopefully, not too late.

OTOH, there will still be plenty of Jews voting for dimocrap scum come November. Of that, you can be certain.

Old habits die hard.

It is a defensive campaign. The Muslim terrorists have sworn to keep repeating October 7th until every last Jewish baby, child, man, and woman are found and tortured to death. Israel Is destroying their ability to carry out their threat of genocide.

You make it sound like the IDF commander woke up one day and said to himself….hey, this would be a good day to bomb Palestinians.

Don't start none won't be none Defend and then go on the offense
Would you be ok with supplying heavy offensive weaponry for a Ukrainian incursion into Russia, with the intent of irradicating the government responsible for committing atrocities in Ukraine?

Anyone?

Do all Jews support Zionism?
The antisemitic attacks on Jews on campus and elsewhere going on as we speak make no distinction re anybody's political/ideological leanings. If they are Jews they are being accused, maligned, ostracized, banned, restricted, physically attacked.

And those on the left seem perfectly okay with that.

Israel did not attack Hamas. Hamas attacked Israel.
Hamas killed more than 1000 Israelis and a few others in the October 7 attack.
The Hamas' invasion killed Jews in the most unimaginable cruel and horrible ways they could think of
Hamas continues to hold more than 100 hostages
Hamas has pledged many many October 7ths against the Israelis until they are all killed are driven out and Israel is no more--from the River to the Sea.

If this is not a defensive campaign on the part of Israel, I cannot imagine how a defensive campaign could be described.
Russia invaded Ukraine.
Russia committed atrocities on Ukrainian civilians.
Russia kidnapped thousands of children and dispersed them into Russia (hostages).
Russia forceably transferred thousands of civilians into remote locations within Russia.
Russias goal is to eradicate Ukraine as a nation and erase its ethnic identity.

Would you support supplying Ukraine with the heavy weaponry for an offensive incursion into Russia to irradicate the government that attacked them?

The antisemitic attacks on Jews on campus and elsewhere going on as we speak make no distinction re anybody's political/ideological leanings. If they are Jews they are being accused, maligned, ostracized, banned, restricted, physically attacked.

And those on the left seem perfectly okay with that.
Both Antisemitic attacks and Islamophobic attacks have risen exponentially as a result of this. Those on the right seem perfectly fine with one half of that.

None of it is acceptable, the conflict is certainly opening up an ugliness.

Would you be ok with supplying heavy offensive weaponry for a Ukrainian incursion into Russia, with the intent of irradicating the government responsible for committing atrocities in Ukraine?
Russia doesn't have as its goal the killing of all Ukrainians, nor are Russian soldiers hiding behind Russian civilians. So it’s not comparable.

Both Antisemitic attacks and Islamophobic attacks have risen exponentially as a result of this. Those on the right seem perfectly fine with one half of that.

There’s no comparison.. Antisemitism has skyrocketed…Islamophobia up a bit. While neither is good, the crisis level is antisemitism.

And nobody is blocking Muslims from going to class, spitting on them, bullying them, assaulting them, and marching around calling for their deaths.

I am perfectly all right with calling out Islamic calls to exterminate Jews and will continue to identify that as the evil it is and those defending them as promoting evil. You can pretty well count on that.

I am perfectly all right with calling out Islamophobic calls to exterminate Jews and will continue to identify that as the evil it is and those doing it as promoting and condoning the evil it is. You can pretty well count on that.
Did you mean to say Islamophobic calls to exterminate Muslims?

Oh wait….nobody’s doing that.

Russia invaded Ukraine.
Russia committed atrocities on Ukrainian civilians.
Russia kidnapped thousands of children and dispersed them into Russia (hostages).
Russia forceably transferred thousands of civilians into remote locations within Russia.
Russias goal is to eradicate Ukraine as a nation and erase its ethnic identity.

Would you support supplying Ukraine with the heavy weaponry for an offensive incursion into Russia to irradicate the government that attacked them?
I do support the Ukraine's right to defend itself and I approve helping the Ukraine do that so long as we know exactly how they are using the aid we give them. Israel is completely transparent in that regard.

(Russia has not given its mission in life to kill all Ukrainians and erase the Ukraine from the face of the Earth. Hamas's one mission in life is to do that to the Jews and Israel and to continue to do it until Israel is gone. Therein is the difference.)

But for Biden to sign off on a bipartisan bill that funded the Ukraine, the second most corrupt country in all of Europe who is fighting Russia, the most corrupt country in all of Europe and withhold the funding Congress passed for Israel, our one dependable and long lasting ally in the Middle East, is just unconscionable.

Last edited:
I do support the Ukraine's right to defend itself and I approve helping the Ukraine do that so long as we know exactly how they are using the aid we give them. Israel is completely transparent in that regard.

(Russia has not given its mission in life to kill all Ukrainians and erase the Ukraine from the face of the Earth. Hamas's one mission in life is to do that to the Jews and Israel and to continue to do it until Israel is gone. Therein is the difference.)

But for Biden to sign off on a bipartisan bill that funded the Ukraine, the second most corrupt country in all of Europe who is fighting Russia, the most corrupt country in all of Europe and withhold the funding Congress passed for Israel, our one dependable and long lasting ally in the Middle East, is just unconscionable.
Isn’t Ukraine the country in which Biden’s drug addict son got paid $1 million a year for doing nothing? And now Biden is continuing to hand money to this corrupt country, with no accountability whatsoever? Hmmmm.

Yet when it comes to standing firmly behind the Israeli Jews, and helping it defeat Muslim terrorists sworn to the eradication of Israel and her people, Biden speaks with a forked tongue and withholds arms. The ONLY explanation, as despicable as it is, is that he wants to show the Muslims in swing-state Michigan, along with the millions of misguided pro-Palestinian protestors, that he sides with Muslims against Jews. This is what we comtinue to see from leftists, in general.

Russia doesn't have as its goal the killing of all Ukrainians,

Are you sure? Remember Stalin? Through a combination of killing, imprisonment in work camps in harsh climates, forced population shifts to dilute the Ukrainian population, Holodomor, banning the speaking and teach8ng of tbe Ukrainian language and culture…Stalin used a multi-pronged approach to destroy the Ukrainian people and cultural identity. Putin is engaging in some of the same strategies already.

Given the history of what Russia did in the past and what it seems to be doing in the present, would that not justify supporting an armed invasion into Russia?

nor are Russian soldiers hiding behind Russian civilians. So it’s not comparable.

How is that even relevant to supporting an armed incurrsion into Russia to topple the government that is trying annihilate Ukrainian.

It’s not, you are tossing in a red herring.

Forum List

Back