Another "fast & furious gun" shooting ... time to arm Mexicans?

They support right to life, ya know.

Yes; but I was speaking of the life they don't support: postpartum.

:)

Yeah, because clearly your straw man is accurate when we are the ones advocating for people to be able to defend themselves. Clearly, our desire for people to defend themselves comes from the fact that we don't support life after birth. Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

And are you seriously unclear about the difference between encouraging law abiding citizens to protect themselves and handing over weapons to drug lords on purpose? You don't see the difference? Seriously?

Ill make it clear for you. Encouraging law abiding citizens to have a weapon to defend themselves and their loved ones prevents crimes and saves lives. Giving weapons to drug lords for them to use against innocent people and law enforcement doesn't. It's not rocket science.

Yes I do; using "straw man" as a defense in a straw man argument is stupidity that's not lost on me.

Hahahahaha. Ahh, Avie. I'm rolling. Thanks for playing along.

I don't have a problem with Mexicans arming themselve in defense against these drug lords. But i dont control any public policy in Mexico. So the point us moot.

Sure; I feel you. Just Mexicans shooting up the joint in service of our thirst for drugs. And heck; if the innocent bystanders are in the crossfire, let em buy a fucking gun.

Problem solved. Good thinking Avie.

Why do you have a problem with innocent law abiding citizens defending themselves? You prefer they be at the mercy of drug lords? I thought you supposedly cared about life.

I'm kinda fond of the ounce of prevention vice the pound of cure.

But that's just me.

Yes; but I was speaking of the life they don't support: postpartum.

:)

Yeah, because clearly your straw man is accurate when we are the ones advocating for people to be able to defend themselves. Clearly, our desire for people to defend themselves comes from the fact that we don't support life after birth. Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

And are you seriously unclear about the difference between encouraging law abiding citizens to protect themselves and handing over weapons to drug lords on purpose? You don't see the difference? Seriously?

Ill make it clear for you. Encouraging law abiding citizens to have a weapon to defend themselves and their loved ones prevents crimes and saves lives. Giving weapons to drug lords for them to use against innocent people and law enforcement doesn't. It's not rocket science.

Yes I do; using "straw man" as a defense in a straw man argument is stupidity that's not lost on me.

And what straw man have I used? I am sure that since you couldn't identify one, there isn't one. But I figure ill give you credit.

After all, you completely ignored what I said. Shocking.

If someone gives a known criminal a weapon, they should be prosecuted.. if someone gives a known mental case a weapon, they should be prosecuted.. it is not that the weapon is available to law abiding citizens that is the problem

Meanwhile, in re: the fast & furious debacle, aiding and abetting criminals is a crime, covered by our conspiracy laws. Providing illegal stuff in a sting operation, is not, provided it does not go so far as to be entrapment. And it's a valuable tool of LE, especially at the federal level as well as local narco / vice cops.

And sometimes things get fucked up, and thus the dubious distinction of "plans of mice and men."

But to suggest, as many Righties do, that the intent was criminal (aiding in a crime) is pretty fucking absurd, to any with a modicum of objectivity.

When things get fucked up.. it does not take away from accountability though... The control is essential and when you fuck up, as what happened in FF, there should be consequences... And if you think those involved in FF did not fuck up, well there is no helping you

No argument. But accountability (what went wrong; fix it) and culpability (willful law-breaking) are entirely different things.

But perhaps I'm mistaken and Righties are screaming for Holder to review and correct in the future, and not clammoring for his, Obama's, Hillary's, etc, etc. impeachment.

Whadaya think?

Sure; I feel you. Just Mexicans shooting up the joint in service of our thirst for drugs. And heck; if the innocent bystanders are in the crossfire, let em buy a fucking gun.

Problem solved. Good thinking Avie.

Why do you have a problem with innocent law abiding citizens defending themselves? You prefer they be at the mercy of drug lords? I thought you supposedly cared about life.

I'm kinda fond of the ounce of prevention vice the pound of cure.

But that's just me.

So how do you prevent drug lords from murdering whomever they choose if the population can't fight back?

And what straw man have I used? I am sure that since you couldn't identify one, there isn't one. But I figure ill give you credit.

Giving a retort on subject matter I never even intimated.

Meanwhile, what better way of defending ourselves than removing the risk?

Really? beause you both stated we are wrong for encouraging law abiding citizens to carry arms to defend themselves and stated we don't care about life after birth. Which was I incorrect about?

The only way to remove the risk is to make sure they are too afraid to shoot us.

Really? beause you both stated we are wrong for encouraging law abiding citizens to carry arms to defend themselves and stated we don't care about life after birth. Which was I incorrect about?

The only way to remove the risk is to make sure they are too afraid to shoot us.

Read it again: I was merely pointing out the irony that Righties: a) think arming folks for defense is the cat's pajamas, and more guns is the solution to violece in schools, but b) guns getting around due to the F&F debacle is all bad and shit.

Nowhere have I even hinted at the notion that people should not try to protect themselves or others from violence.

Last edited:
CBS News: ‘Fast and Furious’ Gun Found At Site Where Mexican Beauty Queen Killed « CBS DC

I love how the Righties get all up in arms about F&F guns being such a risk to humanity, but when school kids get shot up, more guns in America isn't the problem; too few are, apparently and we need to arm grammar school teacher and such. Pretty ironic.

So Righties, how do ya'll resolve that contradiction? I'm dying to know.
It's tragic that our government gives guns to criminals and then they kill innocents.

CBS News: ‘Fast and Furious’ Gun Found At Site Where Mexican Beauty Queen Killed « CBS DC

I love how the Righties get all up in arms about F&F guns being such a risk to humanity, but when school kids get shot up, more guns in America isn't the problem; too few are, apparently and we need to arm grammar school teacher and such. Pretty ironic.

It's tragic that our government gives guns to criminals and then they kill innocents.

No argument. But it's not like that. The F&F sting went to shit, and we need to double-think it next time.

Hence "our government gives guns to criminals" is simply overstated. They ran a sting operation that went to shit, resulting in the guns being taken and used by criminals who slipped our grasp.

So the question should be: how did they slip our grasp? What needs to be done to make sure they do not next time?

Or just be a politicized dumbfuck: Holder is a co-conspirator!! Fire him and impeach Obama!! They killed that lovely young beauty queen, since guns don't kill; only Holder and Obama do!!!

Last edited:

No argument. But it's not like that. The F&F sting went to shit, and we need to double-think it next time.

Hence "our government gives guns to criminals" is simply overstated. They ran a sting operation that went to shit, resulting in the guns being taken and used by criminals who slipped our grasp.

So the question should be: how did they slip our grasp? What needs to be done to make sure they do not next time?

Or just be a politicized dumbfuck: Holder is a co-conspirator!! Fire him and impeach Obama!! They killed that lovely young beauty queen, since guns don't kill; only Holder and Obama do!!!
Oh, I don't think Holder is a conspirator at all. He is too much of a dumbfuck to conspire his way out of a paper bag. He is inept and corrupt, though. Combine that with his position, and innocents die.

Has anyone told you yet?

You linked to an outdated story. The gun found with the beauty queen's body was not a Fast and Furious gun.

It was the personal gun of an ATF agent who sold it on the internet.

Last edited:

Has anyone told you yet?

You linked to an outdated story. The gun found with the beauty queen's body was not a Fast and Furious gun.

It was the personal gun of an ATF agent who sold it on the internet.

Never even read it. I grabbed it from the thread where a Rightie all fired up about arming teachers also started a thread based on the article in my OP. See recent threads.

The obvious contradiction is the AG used American taxpayer dollars to procure and run guns to the hands of Mexican drug cartels and now wants to limit guns on ALL Americans. So, our tax dollars are used by DOJ to facilitate guns to Mexican drug cartels and the DOJ wants to inhibit guns for Americans; knowing the cartels are going to use the guns to kill innocent people??

Forum List

Back