Another bizarre decision by the Supremes: A same-sex union is now a "marriage"?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I see where the Supreme Court has now ruled that same-sex "marriage" is now a "right".

Just one problem: Marriage is a union between man and woman. And has been since marriage was first created. No society or religion has ever defined it as a union between two men, or two women, in the history of mankind.

No problem with same sex couples getting together. Call it a civil union or whatever. But it's not, and can't be, a marriage.

Calling a tail a leg does not make the name fit.

And if the Supremes issue a command that a tail will now be called a leg, and that creatures with tails can now walk on it like a leg, will that make it so they can?

Last edited:
I see where the Supreme Court has now ruled that same-sex "marriage" is now a "right".

The problem is, marriage is a union between man and woman. And has been since marriage was first created.

No problem with same sex couples getting together. Call it a civil union or whatever. But it's not, and can't be, a marriage.

And if the Supremes issue a command that a tail will now be called a leg, and that creatures with tails can now walk on it like a leg, will that make it so they can?
Homophobia-Public-Health-Warning.jpg

The problem is, marriage is a union between man and woman. And has been since marriage was first created.

By 'bizarre', you mean utter predictable?

I mean, have you read the ruling? Virtually every major principle outlined in the ruling was recognized as one the court was likely to make based on precedent. Even the breakdown of the justices that voted for it and who authored the decision was predictable. The amendment cited as justifying it was predictable. Even the rulings used as precedent was predictable.

Just one problem: Marriage is a union between man and woman. And has been since marriage was first created. No society or religion has ever defined it as a union between two men, or two women, in the history of mankind.

Three replies so far, none of which can refute the OP.

Is it? Could it be? A Conservative showing the reason why conservative thinking is old and outdated.

Watch carefully because the conservative likes to say the liberal is the one who doesnt accept new ideas. Any sec now

Homophobia-Public-Health-Warning.jpg
Fuck you, Nut.

Just because someone doesnt feel the same away about something as you do doesn't make it a fucking Phobia.

Be an adult and k ow the definition of the words that you use
:cuckoo:

Well it follows waterboy roberts thinking modeled after billie boys depends on what is means.....words are there to redefine to reach pc objective

This will allow liberals to focus on Second Amendment changes and marrying outside the species.

So this forces churches to marry people? The state is no longer keeping itself separate from religion?

So, it's all in a name for you?

Call it what you want. Not going to change the fact that they have the same rights now.

Check Loving v. Virginia. They already ddi that in 1967.

You're a little late to the party.

Save the 20 other countries that already do. And now us. Marriage is our creation. It is what we say it is.

This decision was utterly predictable. Down the breakdown of the justices and the rulings they would cite as precedent. You didn't see it coming....because you don't know what you're talking about.

So why can't that change?

Check Loving v. Virginia. They already ddi that in 1967.

You're a little late to the party.

Save the 20 other countries that already do. And now us. Marriage is our creation. It is what we say it is.

This decision was utterly predictable. Down the breakdown of the justices and the rulings they would cite as precedent. You didn't see it coming....because you don't know what you're talking about.
20 other countries do it?

That's justification?

How many countries hang gays?

USA got to greatness by being different than others.
Now we walk away from our uniqueness and follow the herd

Forum List

Back