Another Anti-Gay Christian Conservative Caught Smoking A Pole

What is it with these peoples. Is being honest about what you believe really so difficult?
A culture of anti gay bigotry, thats what :thup:

We live in a culture that praises homosexuality

That’s not true either. Honesty is praised. Being open and true to who you really are is praised. Homosexuality isn’t being praised, it’s being accepted.

Those who remain closeted and hide their true selves are unhappy, frightened and hard on everyone around them. I think of what my brother-in-law went through when his wife revealed her affair with another woman after 17 years of marriage. He moved out and his wife’s girlfriend moved in. Their two teenage sons’ lives were completely up-ended.

Sexual orientation issues are the single biggest reason for teen suicides. If society in general was more accepting of gays, that rate would go down.

It's not the dishonesty about it that is driving the suicide rate. The rare is just as hide in societies that are fine with homosexuality. And its just as high with open and honest homosexuals.

The issue is the mental illness along with it. You cant do wrong and feel good about it. And if you engage is negative and deviant behavior long enough it effects your mental health
you call being gay...negative and deviant

thats your problem, not society's and it answers your original question succinctly

Homosexual behavior is negative and deviant.

Healthy behavior doesn't lead to suicide.

If you were raised in a culture that would abandon you and hurl hatred at you for being honest, then yes.

I am in a culture that hurls hate at me for saying what I actually believe in.
There are plenty of cultures that agree with you about gay people. There’s nothing stopping you from joining them. A plane ticket to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan isn’t that expensive.

I have no plans to abandon my nation to the destruction it faces while i have breath and freedom to act

Metamorphosis is an act of creation--yes ..you have to leave the old behind..and I know that's scary..but the new..will be far better and healthier. Just think...there will come a time..when gender truly is fluid..where one can choose to be biologically male, or female, at will. Where families may be multi-parent..where sex for pleasure won't be subject to religious BS.
A time when old creation myths will be taught in school..and marveled over..that people actually believed such shyte.

This will happen. It's happening right now.

Gender will never be fluid. Sure people will mutilate their bodies to pretend they are different, but men will always be Men and women will always be women.

LoL..OK..if you say so--I would guess that you've not done a lot of research into gender reassignment surgery and genetic recombination, eh? Tell me..a hypothetical..if you found yourself in a perfectly formed body of the opposite gender..what sex would you be? Impossible you say? ***chuckles** the next hundred years..could well change that word!

That’s not true either. Honesty is praised. Being open and true to who you really are is praised. Homosexuality isn’t being praised, it’s being accepted.

Those who remain closeted and hide their true selves are unhappy, frightened and hard on everyone around them. I think of what my brother-in-law went through when his wife revealed her affair with another woman after 17 years of marriage. He moved out and his wife’s girlfriend moved in. Their two teenage sons’ lives were completely up-ended.

Sexual orientation issues are the single biggest reason for teen suicides. If society in general was more accepting of gays, that rate would go down.

It's not the dishonesty about it that is driving the suicide rate. The rare is just as hide in societies that are fine with homosexuality. And its just as high with open and honest homosexuals.

The issue is the mental illness along with it. You cant do wrong and feel good about it. And if you engage is negative and deviant behavior long enough it effects your mental health

thats your problem, not society's and it answers your original question succinctly

Cool opinions, but being gay doesnt lead to suicide. See: the vast, vast majority of living gay people who havent committed suicide.

Your stuck up and irrelevant faux morals are becoming extinct, but because they existed in the first place - answers your first question in this thread, bigot.

What is it with these peoples. Is being honest about what you believe really so difficult?
If you were raised in a culture that would abandon you and hurl hatred at you for being honest, then yes.

I am in a culture that hurls hate at me for saying what I actually believe in.
There are plenty of cultures that agree with you about gay people. There’s nothing stopping you from joining them. A plane ticket to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan isn’t that expensive.

I have no plans to abandon my nation to the destruction it faces while i have breath and freedom to act

You are one of the people forcing gay people in your community to live in crippling fear. You are not a victim.

Fear of what? The truth?

Everyone has weaknesses. We all have the choice to admit them or not. We also have a choice whether to continue giving into them or making a better choice. That's the beauty of being human, we can overcome our default nature.

Uh-oh..might have to raise the BS flag...:bsflag:

First, find me a society that is completely alright with homosexuality....other than some tribal groups..I don't believe there is one..certainly not a Western one.
If you do think you find one..please post those stats..that show a higher than normal suicide rate among gay people. I'll not hold my breath.

Secondly, you used the term deviant..deviant is defined by society..if a society decides that a behavior is no longer contrary to the norm..it is no longer deviant.

Negative is your value judgement. It has nothing to do with objective reality. As is your calling it 'wrong', another value judgement...just because others share it..or that history shows of a time when everyone shared it..it still has no intrinsic value--in the end..it is just your judgement.

Homosexuality is not a mental illness..it was removed from the DSM-5 a long time ago.

The beauty of right and wrong is that it doesn't require approval or a democratic vote.

Right is right. No matter how unpopular and hated

Wrong is wrong. No matter how loved and adored.

First, find me a society that is completely alright with homosexuality....other than some tribal groups..I don't believe there is one..certainly not a Western one.
If you do think you find one..please post those stats..that show a higher than normal suicide rate among gay people. I'll not hold my breath.

Secondly, you used the term deviant..deviant is defined by society..if a society decides that a behavior is no longer contrary to the norm..it is no longer deviant.

Negative is your value judgement. It has nothing to do with objective reality. As is your calling it 'wrong', another value judgement...just because others share it..or that history shows of a time when everyone shared it..it still has no intrinsic value--in the end..it is just your judgement.

Homosexuality is not a mental illness..it was removed from the DSM-5 a long time ago.

The beauty of right and wrong is that it doesn't require approval or a democratic vote.

Prove it.

Exactly

Homosexuality is being recognized at the 21st century's version of left-handedness.

Keep telling yourself that!! Good for you!!

Linus-300x295-300x295.gif

So you say..I note that you gave up on your claims..as being totally bs and unprovable?

Interesting that you say that when one of the highest suicide rates today is in military veterans.....accusing our troops of unhealthy behavior, eh?

So you say..I note that you gave up on your claims..as being totally bs and unprovable?

I havent given up on anything. Which is precisely why I pointed out the flaws in your premises

It must be so depressing for some to watch gay people continue to make strides in this country.

Slavery is right?
Women as second class citizens is right?
Genocide of Native Americans is right?
Torture is right?
Forcing people to believe as you believe is right?

Interesting that you say that when one of the highest suicide rates today is in military veterans.....accusing our troops of unhealthy behavior, eh?

They kill people in times of war. On what planet is war a healthy condition to be in?

The fact that they are willing to sacrifice on our behalf to do this shows their amazing character.

Homosexuality is being recognized at the 21st century's version of left-handedness.

Keep telling yourself that!! Good for you!!

Linus-300x295-300x295.gif
It is.....lefthandedness used to be considered deviant, evil, a choice, demon possessed, forced to change which screwed up left-brain/right-brain function...and the hatred of left-handedness was led by religion.

I havent given up on anything. Which is precisely why I pointed out the flaws in your premises
***chuckles*** I guess we'll leave it to our culture to sort it all out....

They kill people in times of war. On what planet is war a healthy condition to be in?

The fact that they are willing to sacrifice on our behalf to do this shows their amazing character.
Interesting......Everyone in the military kills people?

Forum List

Back