Wesley Goodman resigns

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Ohio Lawmaker Who Backed Family Values Resigns Over ‘Inappropriate Behavior’

A GOP Congressman has resigned from office after admitting he had a consensual gay affair while in office. This happened after he ran against legalizing gay marriage and tried to promote family values for the religious right of the GOP wing.

But as hypocritical as he is, and despicable, it should be noted that it was a consensual affair, he admitted to it, and he resigned.

As a result, I can only come to the conclusion that he is far more respectable than most in Congress, like Franken, Conyers, Jesse Jackson, etc.,etc., etc., who have sexual scandals looming over head but refuse to step down.

In short, Goodman is the better man.

Why should he resign for having consensual sex?
This whole ordeal is becoming a big fucking joke.

A GOP Congressman has resigned from office after admitting he had a consensual gay affair while in office. This happened after he ran against legalizing gay marriage and tried to promote family values for the religious right of the GOP wing.

But as hypocritical as he is, and despicable, it should be noted that it was a consensual affair, he admitted to it, and he resigned.

As a result, I can only come to the conclusion that he is far more respectable than most in Congress, like Franken, Conyers, Jesse Jackson, etc.,etc., etc., who have sexual scandals looming over head but refuse to step down.

all proud of him for saying who he is - but the preach one thing do another is simply crap and hypocrisy to the highest level.

all proud of him for saying who he is - but the preach one thing do another is simply crap and hypocrisy to the highest level.
Or maybe he was just looking out for his constituents and ignoring his own feelings and wants?
IDK just throwing shit out there lol

i'd resign if i preached for one set of values and lived another.
If thats the standard, a majority of our 3 branches of govt need to get the hell out.
good. get them out of here.

it's one thing to have to waffle back and forth to compromise and find common ground. however, if i'm out bitching out the gay lifestyle while getting my rocks off in that fashion at home - i'm a freaking hypocrite and simply can't be trusted. if that's a standard to use, great. get them the hell out.

Moore should follow Goodman's path.

Moore should follow Goodman's path.

Only Moore, eh?

It's what I figured.

Sad.

I heard about that a week or two ago. A staffer walked in on them doing the dirty in the Congressman's office.
I don't know if a gay man running against legalizing gay marriage and pretending to promote what the religious right calls "family values" is really being a "better man," though. He's being a flat out liar is what he is.

If thats the standard, a majority of our 3 branches of govt need to get the hell out.

it's one thing to have to waffle back and forth to compromise and find common ground. however, if i'm out bitching out the gay lifestyle while getting my rocks off in that fashion at home - i'm a freaking hypocrite and simply can't be trusted. if that's a standard to use, great. get them the hell out.

There is no removing them. It just goes to the "Ethics Committee" which is essentially a joke. They even talked about doing away with the ethics Committee at one point because it is such a joke.

Term limits anyone? Support your local Article V movement.

Even CNN admits that Congress is full of sexual predators.

Congress has a sexual harassment problem, lawmakers and staffers say - CNNPolitics

Sadly, the only press we hear is to remove the GOP Congressman Moore.

I heard about that a week or two ago. A staffer walked in on them doing the dirty in the Congressman's office.
I don't know if a gay man running against legalizing gay marriage and pretending to promote what the religious right calls "family values" is really being a "better man," though. He's being a flat out liar is what he is.

He is a better man because:

1. He did not break the law.
2. He admitted to his hypocrisy
3. He resigned in shame
4. It was all consensual

He is head and shoulders above the fecal matter in the US congress.

Just for some perspective : I fully support ending all income tax credits and exemptions but i personally benefit a lot off them. Its not always about what i want..

There is no removing them. It just goes to the "Ethics Committee" which is essentially a joke. They even talked about doing away with the ethics Committee at one point because it is such a joke.

Congress has a sexual harassment problem, lawmakers and staffers say - CNNPolitics

there are so many top down changes that need to happen getting lost in 1 is like bitching about a band aid when you have a limb that has been severed.

Just for some perspective : I fully support ending all income tax credits and exemptions but i personally benefit a lot off them. Its not always about what i want..

It's never about what you want. It's about ending tax perks for the middle class.

Both parties are out to destroy the middle class. Obama created the largest tax hike on the middle class with Obamacare.

there are so many top down changes that need to happen getting lost in 1 is like bitching about a band aid when you have a limb that has been severed.

This is a rallying point that even Dims might be able to get behind.

Term limits anyone?

This is a rallying point that even Dims might be able to get behind.

Term limits anyone?
dont you think term limits are simply a band-aid? Our problem is the voters.

I get what you're saying, TN. It's sad that in this day and age, he felt he had to hide his homosexuality to begin with. However, he WAS not only hiding it (no actual shame in that) but pretending to oppose it. Why didn't he run as an Independent or a Dem instead?

Forum List

Back