[ANNOUNCEMENT] Cleaning up the Politics Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
Good morning USMessageBoard Members and guests. Some of you may notice a more enhanced approach and enforcement as it applies to the "Off Topic Posts" guideline which has been a long part of our Site Rules & Guidelines--

--Any off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to an appropriate forum as per Administrator & Moderator discretion at any time within the Political Forum --

http://www.usmessageboard.com/533336-post1.html

We do ask that you please report the posts rather than quoting and responding. Quoting/Responding only continues to derail the thread even further. Thank you!

Hmmm... This could be counter-productive in terms of lost traffic. Personally speaking I hardly ever venture in there; mainly because I rarely have a clue as to what everyone's going on about, and to a lesser extent because of what you're intending to curb.

But a lot of people like to blow off steam up there, and a more draconian policy towards off-topic invective and dummy-spitting might alienate posters altogether who are guilty of going off-topic in the Politics Forum, but, conversely, are known to regularly submit interesting content in a more measured tone elsewhere on USMB.

Either way, I think you'd be better of just leaving it as it is, as frustrating as that may be for some. Not forgetting all the extra admin you're opening yourselves up for. Furthermore, this new policy will be open to abuse, seeing as a great deal of reporters/snitches will have their own posts removed or censored. In the end your efforts will resemble a dog chasing its tail.

Last edited:
Good morning USMessageBoard Members and guests. Some of you may notice a more enhanced approach and enforcement as it applies to the "Off Topic Posts" guideline which has been a long part of our Site Rules & Guidelines--

--Any off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to an appropriate forum as per Administrator & Moderator discretion at any time within the Political Forum --

We do ask that you please report the posts rather than quoting and responding. Quoting/Responding only continues to derail the thread even further. Thank you!
Technically speaking, notwithstanding the fact that I and many others fully understand what you are saying here, there exist at least two shortcomings in the above post.

The "Off Topic Posts" guideline has not been a long part of our Site Rules & Guidelines--It has long been a part of our Site Rules and Guidelines. Just sayin'....

"...within the Political Forum" as used in this statement precludes activities outside of the Political Forum, including the moving of a post to another forum. It wold be more correctly stated as:

Any off-topic posts within the Political Forum will be deleted or moved to an appropriate forum at the discretion of Admin/Moderator...

(It is inferred by this reader that moving to another forum will be done only for offending OPs while off-topic replies will be deleted.)

It's not that I am deliberately trying to be an asshole here. I get paid to do this kind of shit...find errors and ambiguities within text.

Cheers!

Technically speaking, notwithstanding the fact that I and many others fully understand what you are saying here, there exist at least two shortcomings in the above post.

The "Off Topic Posts" guideline has not been a long part of our Site Rules & Guidelines--It has long been a part of our Site Rules and Guidelines. Just sayin'....

"...within the Political Forum" as used in this statement precludes activities outside of the Political Forum, including the moving of a post to another forum. It wold be more correctly stated as:

Any off-topic posts within the Political Forum will be deleted or moved to an appropriate forum at the discretion of Admin/Moderator...

(It is inferred by this reader that moving to another forum will be done only for offending OPs while off-topic replies will be deleted.)

It's not that I am deliberately trying to be an asshole here. I get paid to do this kind of shit...find errors and ambiguities within text.

Cheers!
^Ninny.

Could one of you nice mod- or admin-types let us know if breaking the rule results in a ban from USMB or just a ban from the politics forum?

Yes, you are correct. It's like the CDZ, three strikes you are out and not just out of one forum but permabanned from USMB.

As to discretion, I only got two strikes in the CDZ and yet....

If said member continues to post them, the mod staff will begin to move onto the 3 strikes..

Plus the example I posted in the other thread on this.

Example; I have removed 6 posts by one member already 4 by another, even if I moved to the process- warning, infraction and then ban procedure now, that would total 8 chances for one, 6 for the other.

The gimmes are the carrot , hopefully the members(s) will get the hint and stop.

and you got 3 strikes Ravi I just checked, etc.. posted user notes reflect one given by a mod and 2 by an admin. and no, I will not discuss it.

Wait? This doesn't look like the thread I was participating in.

What happened?

stalin+airbrushed1.jpg

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back