Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

so when someone goes on a mission trip, helps build homes so children have a place to sleep...
helps plant gardens so children and eat.....helps the children in the schools so they can learn to read and have a chance at a better life....

NONE of that is serving the country???????????? Mission trips are not ALL outside of this country. I know many people that have gone to southern states and lived in squalor for weeks just to help the people that are suffering there. THAT IS SERVING OUR COUNTRY....

Hey...........the military does "mission trips" as well. Many times when we were deployed overseas, the locals would ask if we had any people who would be interested in working with an orphanage or helping to rebuild things.

Matter of fact, when Florida was hit by Hugo, there were MANY military volunteers who went down to help clean up and rebuild.

Wanna talk about the U.S. Navy deploying to places like Haiti after the earthquake? How about Japan after the tsunami?

Yes.............Peace Corps and church missions DO help people, and in a small way it does serve the country because it helps other nations have a favorable view of the US.

However.................comparing a Mormon mission (who would probably be rescued and brought back if fighting broke out in their area) to the military (who would be tasked with rescuing the Mormon mission if fighting broke out) is pure crap.

The military sacrifices much more than a Mormon missionary ever did. How do I know? I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy, served in 4 combat zones and spent around 8 1/2 years outside of the US.

No...................the Mormon mission is NOTHING like the military. Peace Corps perhaps, but military never.
Nobody said it was anything like the military....Perhaps you should wrap your seawater addled mind around the word ...

DIFFERENT

If she wanted a more accurate comparison, it should have been with the Peace Corps, not the military.

Yeah.............the military and the Peace Corps DO serve this country, but to compare the two is way off base.

But...............I understand................Mittens has been scared to get in front of real (i.e. active duty) military and give a speech, so he has his old lady go out and try to get him a connection with them.

It failed.

Hey...........the military does "mission trips" as well. Many times when we were deployed overseas, the locals would ask if we had any people who would be interested in working with an orphanage or helping to rebuild things.

Matter of fact, when Florida was hit by Hugo, there were MANY military volunteers who went down to help clean up and rebuild.

Wanna talk about the U.S. Navy deploying to places like Haiti after the earthquake? How about Japan after the tsunami?

Yes.............Peace Corps and church missions DO help people, and in a small way it does serve the country because it helps other nations have a favorable view of the US.

However.................comparing a Mormon mission (who would probably be rescued and brought back if fighting broke out in their area) to the military (who would be tasked with rescuing the Mormon mission if fighting broke out) is pure crap.

The military sacrifices much more than a Mormon missionary ever did. How do I know? I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy, served in 4 combat zones and spent around 8 1/2 years outside of the US.

No...................the Mormon mission is NOTHING like the military. Peace Corps perhaps, but military never.
Nobody said it was anything like the military....Perhaps you should wrap your seawater addled mind around the word ...

DIFFERENT

If she wanted a more accurate comparison, it should have been with the Peace Corps, not the military.

Yeah.............the military and the Peace Corps DO serve this country, but to compare the two is way off base.

But...............I understand................Mittens has been scared to get in front of real (i.e. active duty) military and give a speech, so he has his old lady go out and try to get him a connection with them.

It failed.
Nobody said the two were comparable, that's why the word DIFFERENT was used.

If she wasn't trying to compare the two, why did she use the military instead of the Peace Corps?

BTW................got any stats on when the last Mormon missionary was killed overseas?

And do Queen Ann's little boys get any of these special little prizes for their brave door knocking and begging for money?

hat_purple_heart-600x450.jpg

wheelchair_dsharonpruitt_296.jpg

How about ...

Almost 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan vets have PTSD or depression

Half of veterans are seeking disability compensation | WJLA.com

And finally,

20080319_iraq5years2_33.jpg

I am SO effing sick of the rw's who are so set against doing anything for our vets but then will defend this idiot woman and her spoiled little boys, mitt included.

I'll say it again - Even if you don't care about the vets, can't you just shut up for once and give a little thought to those families who have lost family members or who still have family members in harm's way?

And please don't try to pretend that door knocking and preaching is "in harm's way" because its not.

you are a sick freak...go get a fucking life

Funny you should mention that. Part of the reason I HAVE A LIFE is that some REAL Americans were willing to put their own on the line.

You're here sticking up for the romney's, for Queen Ann and her useless children and husband.

How many lives have they saved? How much of their own life have they given for their country. In fact, its either one or two of the stepford sons who have followed in daddy's footsteps, buying out companies, borrowing against them until they collapse, "harvesting" them and firing the workers. Betcha Queen Ann is just fucking proud of that and bet you think its way cool too.

What is sick is that you never miss a chance to say something nasty about our vets, about how they're useless and don't earn their keep.

Let's see, it's not okay the Obama and Biden didn't server (Biden's son did) but it is okay for Ann Romney to say Mormons serve their country like the military does AND for her 5 sons to not serve in the military as well as Mitt himself not to serve. I get it. Double standards!

The point I was making is that this family is out of touch. How would it go down if Obama said I served my country as a community organizer which is another way of serving besides being in the military?

And I said, nothing bad about Morman missionaries except that the comparison to serving in the military and losing your life and loved ones is not at all the same! She shouldn't have compared the 2.

hummmm..

Service
Progress

The President signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, a hallmark piece of legislation.

The Serve America Act will increase the size of AmeriCorps from 75,000 volunteers to 250,000 by 2017.
The Act also creates a Social Innovation Fund that will invest in ideas that are proven to improve outcomes and "what works" funds in federal agencies to promote effective and innovative programs.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act included $201 million in funding for the Corporation for National and Community Service to support an expansion of AmeriCorps State and National and AmeriCorps VISTA programs.

Guiding Principles

President Obama has always been a strong supporter of empowering ordinary people to do extraordinary things by improving their local communities through service. President Obama asks how we – through both existing organizations and individual action – can take an active role in America’s economic recovery and improve our fellow citizens’ lives through our service work.

more at
Service | The White House

excellent non sequitor

And do Queen Ann's little boys get any of these special little prizes for their brave door knocking and begging for money?

hat_purple_heart-600x450.jpg

wheelchair_dsharonpruitt_296.jpg

How about ...

Almost 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan vets have PTSD or depression

Half of veterans are seeking disability compensation | WJLA.com

And finally,

20080319_iraq5years2_33.jpg

I am SO effing sick of the rw's who are so set against doing anything for our vets but then will defend this idiot woman and her spoiled little boys, mitt included.

I'll say it again - Even if you don't care about the vets, can't you just shut up for once and give a little thought to those families who have lost family members or who still have family members in harm's way?

And please don't try to pretend that door knocking and preaching is "in harm's way" because its not.

Funny you should mention that. Part of the reason I HAVE A LIFE is that some REAL Americans were willing to put their own on the line.

You're here sticking up for the romney's, for Queen Ann and her useless children and husband.

How many lives have they saved? How much of their own life have they given for their country. In fact, its either one or two of the stepford sons who have followed in daddy's footsteps, buying out companies, borrowing against them until they collapse, "harvesting" them and firing the workers. Betcha Queen Ann is just fucking proud of that and bet you think its way cool too.

What is sick is that you never miss a chance to say something nasty about our vets, about how they're useless and don't earn their keep.

shut the fuck up, I work for the vets asshole..STOP USING THEM for your all's sick agenda against this family..

If she wasn't trying to compare the two, why did she use the military instead of the Peace Corps?

BTW................got any stats on when the last Mormon missionary was killed overseas?
Who, besides tiny-minded little bedwetting lolberal freaks, who are running out of preposterous memes to deflect from what an utter embarrassing failure that their Dear Leader is, gives a flying fuck?

Like, nobody.

Hey oddball, your'e right, she said "different". In case you missed it, I even posted some visual aids so we could all SEE some of the "differences".

Then there's THIS difference -

The Mormon Plan for America and the Rise of Mitt Romney

And some others -

soilders1PA211106_228x366.jpg

TBILinkPage.jpg

arlington_va_cemetary.jpg

article-1193167-055AB6D3000005DC-279_468x329_popup.jpg

2297720510.jpg

Can Ann show us a similar graphic of the wounds suffered by missionaries going door to door, forcing their fucking cult beliefs on others?

How about the wounds that the poor missionaries living in the lap of luxury in Paris suffered?

tbi-ptsd.gif

Serving your country does NOT mean you have to be in danger or loosing body parts!

Ann said the missionary work is ANOTHER FORM OF SERVING OUR COUNTRY. She never said
it was the same as being in the military and going to war.

God you people are dense!

how does feeding people in french slums, for example, and trying to convert them to mormonism, serve the us, exactly?

Hey oddball, your'e right, she said "different". In case you missed it, I even posted some visual aids so we could all SEE some of the "differences".

Then there's THIS difference -

The Mormon Plan for America and the Rise of Mitt Romney

And some others -

soilders1PA211106_228x366.jpg

TBILinkPage.jpg

arlington_va_cemetary.jpg

article-1193167-055AB6D3000005DC-279_468x329_popup.jpg

2297720510.jpg

Can Ann show us a similar graphic of the wounds suffered by missionaries going door to door, forcing their fucking cult beliefs on others?

How about the wounds that the poor missionaries living in the lap of luxury in Paris suffered?

tbi-ptsd.gif

you make me sick

shut the fuck up, I work for the vets asshole..STOP USING THEM for your all's sick agenda against this family..

Liar.

If you "work for vets" you would not be nearly so ignorant about vets. Nor would you be so full of hate for them for what they face - every single day.

You are flat out lying.

Serving your country does NOT mean you have to be in danger or loosing body parts!

Ann said the missionary work is ANOTHER FORM OF SERVING OUR COUNTRY. She never said

how does trying to convert people to mormonism serve our country?

Liar.

If you "work for vets" you would not be nearly so ignorant about vets. Nor would you be so full of hate for them for what they face - every single day.

You are flat out lying.

go to hell, I don't give a shit if you believe me.... and STOP using our vets for your sick political agenda against this family

Missionaries aren't there to CONVERT people. But many times people will convert on their own once they experience the love of God through the Missionaries that helped them. Nobody can be FORCED to convert to anything.....

Good question. Does it do anything to reduce our debt, does it provide jobs? Does it do anything to promote a positive perception of America?

As far as I can tell, it does nothing for the country. All it does is help their religion expand.

Missionaries aren't there to CONVERT people. But many times people will convert on their own once they experience the love of God through the Missionaries that helped them. Nobody can be FORCED to convert to anything.....

Missionaries aren't there to convert people? Really? The dictionary would disagree with you on that.....................

mis·sion·ar·y
   [mish-uh-ner-ee] Show IPA noun, plural mis·sion·ar·ies, adjective

noun Also, mis·sion·er.
1. a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism or other activities, as educational or hospital work.

2. a person strongly in favor of a program, set of principles, etc., who attempts to persuade or convert others.

3. a person who is sent on a mission.

Missionary | Define Missionary at Dictionary.com

So...the left is offended that Anne understands the difference between military service and religious service?

Here ya go leftards:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U]Sesame Street - "One of these things..." (Bird seed) - YouTube[/ame]

Good question. Does it do anything to reduce our debt, does it provide jobs? Does it do anything to promote a positive perception of America?

As far as I can tell, it does nothing for the country. All it does is help their religion expand.

Man oh man, If the Obama's were missionaries we wouldn't ever hear all this petty bull from you people

Forum List

Back