Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

I am a military mom of two men serving the United States of America. Ann Romney's belief is that Mormons are serving just outside of themselves as the men and women of the military are is an insult to the military. It is my belief that these are two very separate ideologies - one is service to one's religion and one is service to one's Country. The greater of these is service to one's country. To state that they are even remotely equivant is grossly inaccurate. Her sons/missionaries do not come home from war in a body bag, her sons/missionaries don't face the possibility of their arms, legs, bodies or heads being blown to pieces or being caught on fire, her son's don't sleep in cold, isolated places within enemy territory. I was married to a Mormon for 13 years, and know a number of missionaries who have not come anywhere close to serving their country, living in hazardous places or giving their lives up to save their comrades. Ann Romney, your comparison is grossly inaccurate and ignorant.

, I served a Mormon mission to Australia, Came home and was drafted into the US Army during Vietnam.
I looked at myself many times as setting a good example for my country as well as my religion.
Geeez dude give it a break.

Ok, compare the two missions. Were they similar enough to equate one with the other? Did you feel like you were serving your country during both missions?

I am a military mom of two men serving the United States of America. Ann Romney's belief is that Mormons are serving just outside of themselves as the men and women of the military are is an insult to the military. It is my belief that these are two very separate ideologies - one is service to one's religion and one is service to one's Country. The greater of these is service to one's country. To state that they are even remotely equivant is grossly inaccurate. Her sons/missionaries do not come home from war in a body bag, her sons/missionaries don't face the possibility of their arms, legs, bodies or heads being blown to pieces or being caught on fire, her son's don't sleep in cold, isolated places within enemy territory. I was married to a Mormon for 13 years, and know a number of missionaries who have not come anywhere close to serving their country, living in hazardous places or giving their lives up to save their comrades. Ann Romney, your comparison is grossly inaccurate and ignorant.

:rolleyes:

Mormon mission trip vs. military service:

Yep....they look the same to me.

Attachments

• $mitt-romney-(au-centre)-pendant-son-sejour-de-30-mois-en-france-qui-lui-a-permis-de-developper-u.jp
    $mitt-romney-(au-centre)-pendant-son-sejour-de-30-mois-en-france-qui-lui-a-permis-de-developper-u.jp
    43.2 KB · Views: 71
  • $2738071858_4da96fa7d5_s.jpg
    $2738071858_4da96fa7d5_s.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Let's see, it's not okay the Obama and Biden didn't server (Biden's son did) but it is okay for Ann Romney to say Mormons serve their country like the military does AND for her 5 sons to not serve in the military as well as Mitt himself not to serve. I get it. Double standards!

The point I was making is that this family is out of touch. How would it go down if Obama said I served my country as a community organizer which is another way of serving besides being in the military?

And I said, nothing bad about Morman missionaries except that the comparison to serving in the military and losing your life and loved ones is not at all the same! She shouldn't have compared the 2.

we don't care about YOUR POINT...You repeat it over and over and over and over..shut up and stop boring the shit out of us with you endless spamming of crap

why does steph always claim to represent the USMB Rightie borg :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

I hope your boys both come home, in one piece, both of mind and body.

And, you state another way in which serving a religious cult is different ... Your sons are serving the UNITES STATES OF AMERICA.

lol, now they are wanting to assault WOMEN...

but their panties are all in a bunch in the thread about Romney's son..

you can't make this shit up folks

Let's see, it's not okay the Obama and Biden didn't server (Biden's son did) but it is okay for Ann Romney to say Mormons serve their country like the military does AND for her 5 sons to not serve in the military as well as Mitt himself not to serve. I get it. Double standards!

The point I was making is that this family is out of touch. How would it go down if Obama said I served my country as a community organizer which is another way of serving besides being in the military?

And I said, nothing bad about Morman missionaries except that the comparison to serving in the military and losing your life and loved ones is not at all the same! She shouldn't have compared the 2.

hummmm..

Service
Progress

The President signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, a hallmark piece of legislation.

The Serve America Act will increase the size of AmeriCorps from 75,000 volunteers to 250,000 by 2017.
The Act also creates a Social Innovation Fund that will invest in ideas that are proven to improve outcomes and "what works" funds in federal agencies to promote effective and innovative programs.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act included $201 million in funding for the Corporation for National and Community Service to support an expansion of AmeriCorps State and National and AmeriCorps VISTA programs.

Guiding Principles

President Obama has always been a strong supporter of empowering ordinary people to do extraordinary things by improving their local communities through service. President Obama asks how we – through both existing organizations and individual action – can take an active role in America’s economic recovery and improve our fellow citizens’ lives through our service work.

more at
Service | The White House

That's BS......
Any mission trips i know of, whether it's Mormons or any others, they go to places where their help is needed. They live in unhealthy conditions....trying to make the lives of those people more bearable. They're there to help others that are very much less fortunate. But you wouldn't know anything about THAT!

Mormons serve humanity during their missions.

Bull shit.

They serve their gawd who lives on the planet Kolob. The Mormon cult is about MONEY and about growing bigger and more powerful. The only thing Mitt knows is to use others for his own gain. He did it with Bain, with tax payer's money and with his failed governorship. He's a user who has added nothing to the world for having been in it.

She said they were DIFFERENT, bones...as in NOT THE SAME.

Cripes.

Yeah, different. You know, little unimportant differences.

Like coming home with fewer legs, no arms, permanent brain injuries - little stuff like that.

How DARE this stupid vile entitled empty woman say that her sons or her utterly useless husband served in anything like the military. Somebody should slap some smart into the lot of them.

Queen Ann said she should do the talking for IdiotMitt and that she worries for his mental health, but she says some pretty outrageous things. This is, however, WAY over the top. Even for her.

Where is Kolob supposed to be any way? :confused:

That's BS......
Any mission trips i know of, whether it's Mormons or any others, they go to places where their help is needed. They live in unhealthy conditions.... trying to make the lives of those people more bearable. They're there to help others that are very much less fortunate. But you wouldn't know anything about THAT!

mittens went to France. Oops!!! :eek: :lol:

Last edited:

DIFFERENT. She said they were DIFFERENT.

Wow.

That means NOT the same. DIFFERENT. NOT the same. DIFFERENT. NOT the same.

Last edited:
Would you rather have ALL OF US get on here and tell you the same thing???

Good going Steph...thanks! Lol!

How is judging a horse show serving people that are in need? Dummy! Geesh!
Mission work helps PEOPLE. But according to your side, Republicans don't know how to do that!

That's BS......
Any mission trips i know of, whether it's Mormons or any others, they go to places where their help is needed. They live in unhealthy conditions....trying to make the lives of those people more bearable. They're there to help others that are very much less fortunate. But you wouldn't know anything about THAT!

BS? That's Mitt in the top picture. That's me in the bottom one.

Don't tell ME how "unhealthy" France was for Mitt or how he was "helping others" or how his mission should be considered as service to his country like mine was.

During the couple of weeks before that picture of me was made, my platoon had had two men killed and several wounded by direct fire from the enemy and mines. How "difficult" was Mitt's service in comparison with that? :mad:

Forum List

Back