Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

Are you saying that everyones child should serve in the military or just hers?

I have yet to hear Ann tell anyone they should join the service. Please provide a link to where she "tell(s) the "peons" what they should do".

Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

I don't have a problem with someone not serving in the military...it is a volunteer force after all. What I DO have a slight problem with is someone comparing military service to one's COUNTRY to missionary service to one's RELIGION. We do NOT have a state religion...and we do not have a religion's military.

yes they are different ways of serving but they should not be equated.......

equated .....

equated.....

as seen as equal to or ....the same value as

any chance to use this:

snailonturtle.jpg

So why did I not know that Alli Babble was Kosher Gull?

I must not be as well into the gossip circles as you think.

Still not over the left leanings thing huh?
Tight grip to hold a grudge so long.

Let's see, it's not okay the Obama and Biden didn't server (Biden's son did) but it is okay for Ann Romney to say Mormons serve their country like the military does AND for her 5 sons to not serve in the military as well as Mitt himself not to serve. I get it. Double standards!

The point I was making is that this family is out of touch. How would it go down if Obama said I served my country as a community organizer which is another way of serving besides being in the military?

And I said, nothing bad about Morman missionaries except that the comparison to serving in the military and losing your life and loved ones is not at all the same! She shouldn't have compared the 2.

we don't care about YOUR POINT...You repeat it over and over and over and over..shut up and stop boring the shit out of us with you endless spamming of crap

ANYONE notice Lakhota has been missing in action and then we get this troll..

find it funny?

Mormons serve humanity during their missions.

Bull shit.

They serve their gawd who lives on the planet Kolob. The Mormon cult is about MONEY and about growing bigger and more powerful. The only thing Mitt knows is to use others for his own gain. He did it with Bain, with tax payer's money and with his failed governorship. He's a user who has added nothing to the world for having been in it.

She said they were DIFFERENT, bones...as in NOT THE SAME.

Cripes.

Yeah, different. You know, little unimportant differences.

Like coming home with fewer legs, no arms, permanent brain injuries - little stuff like that.

How DARE this stupid vile entitled empty woman say that her sons or her utterly useless husband served in anything like the military. Somebody should slap some smart into the lot of them.

Queen Ann said she should do the talking for IdiotMitt and that she worries for his mental health, but she says some pretty outrageous things. This is, however, WAY over the top. Even for her.

Forum List

Back