Anheuser-Busch rejects InBev bid as 'inadequate'

people who claim to be beer snobs always crack me in their ignorance of beer.

pilsner lagers, such as Bud, are of course in fact the most difficult beer to brew.

and pale ales (the most common microbrew) is in fact about the easist beer to brew.

but thanks Shogun, i forgot about miller getting bought up...course i'm a busch lite guy...so...

pilsner lagers, such as Bud, are of course in fact the most difficult beer to brew.

and pale ales (the most common microbrew) is in fact about the easist beer to brew.

but thanks Shogun, i forgot about miller getting bought up...course i'm a busch lite guy...so...

Who cares how hard or easy it is to brew? I only care what it tastes like. Bud tastes like crap, and Busch lite is worse...

i'm the same way. if given the choice of a micro i will take it. course, i just have a hard time finding a beer up to my standards.

while bud might lose some sales, i would be surprised if they lose a significant amount. they are on tap everywhere, and often the only type of beer available (ballgames and such).

yea.. FOR NOW. Are bars and vendors required to sell the same capacity as they do while Bud is marketed as an AMERICAN TRADITION? Are Cardinal fans FORCED to buy beer at the stadium? I think you underestimate the actions of consumers. You know, the blue collar motherfuckers that buy AB products.

But, that apathy is pretty much what capitalist pigs depend on when raping National Icons...

Who cares how hard or easy it is to brew? I only care what it tastes like. Bud tastes like crap, and Busch lite is worse...

indeed.. but then chances are you are not part of the beer drinking demographic that provides that astounding 48% market share. Easier production affects product supply. If two beer snobs in this thread already admits that BW tastes like shit then what on gods green earth would keep STL from turning Schlaflys into the same thing Sam Adams is for Boston?

who said anything about pale ales or lagers? if it isnt dark, i dont want it. taste is what matters to me, not how hard it is to make. which i am very aware of as ive helped a friend of mine make his own.

indeed.. but then chances are you are not part of the beer drinking demographic that provides that astounding 48% market share. Easier production affects product supply. If two beer snobs in this thread already admits that BW tastes like shit then what on gods green earth would keep STL from turning Schlaflys into the same thing Sam Adams is for Boston?

I used to work with Tom Schlafly. I don't think he's interested in turning into another Sam Adams. He's got some good brews, though, and some I don't like as much. You should go to the Tap Room on Robert Burns night. Or during World Cup soccer. It's cool.

But yeah, I'm not the target demographic for Budweiser and its competitors. I don't drink much beer to begin with.

Give me a good scotch!

yea.. FOR NOW. Are bars and vendors required to sell the same capacity as they do while Bud is marketed as an AMERICAN TRADITION? Are Cardinal fans FORCED to buy beer at the stadium? I think you underestimate the actions of consumers. You know, the blue collar motherfuckers that buy AB products.

But, that apathy is pretty much what capitalist pigs depend on when raping National Icons...

i very well may be underestimating consumers. guess only time will tell. was there a backlash when miller was bought by south african breweries?

who said anything about pale ales or lagers? if it isnt dark, i dont want it. taste is what matters to me, not how hard it is to make. which i am very aware of as ive helped a friend of mine make his own.

so too does the Doeton make his own tasty beverage. Why would STL, or the rest of AMERICA, support a foreign owned company who has sucked the blood out of a cornerstone of STL if the beet tastes like shit and there is the added incentive to vote with their consumption or lack thereof? ESPECIALLY when microbrews have popped up everywhere in the last 15 years? Again, are bars, vendors and baseball fans forced to sustain the impressive 48% market share?

I used to work with Tom Schlafly. I don't think he's interested in turning into another Sam Adams. He's got some good brews, though, and some I don't like as much. You should go to the Tap Room on Robert Burns night. Or during World Cup soccer. It's cool.

But yeah, I'm not the target demographic for Budweiser and its competitors. I don't drink much beer to begin with.

Give me a good scotch!

Hopefully, someone will revive Lemp Breweries then. I like Schlafly's products. Boulivard too. I don't think it's beyond beer drinking consumers to make choices that reflect their spite.

Tap Room? where is that?

Tap Room is the bar/pub associated with Schlafly's brewery.

It's at around Locust and 21st.

oh GOD NO! NOT JETS! ANYTHING BUT FUCKING JETS!

oh GOD NO! NOT JETS! ANYTHING BUT FUCKING JETS!

You miss the point.

The company is run for the benefit of insiders and management, not for shareholders, the owners of the firm. Having that many planes is another example of the prolifigacy of management, why the stock price is where it is, and why other brewers think the company is cheap because it isn't managed well.

Im not missing the point at all. You are trying to nitpick some validity for your greed by pointing out what you'd call an extravagance.

In its annual statement to shareholders in March, Anheuser disclosed it pays Ginnaire Rental, a company owned by August Busch III, August IV’s father, $407,611 in 2007 to lease aircraft.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that you are an expert on global economics while pretending that 400K is a reason for any particular stock price? Dude, nixing the fucking jets WONT INCREASE THE VALUE OF THE STOCK ONE RED CENT.

seriously the whole microbrew deal is just another example of marketing...appealing to a crowd who will buy the notion that busch lite stinks...just another marketing triumph...

back to the history beer...of course the current microbeers were actually what was served in this country prior to the arrival of the germans in the 1800's who brought with them their pilsner lagers...and guess what? It wasn't marketing that got folks to switch...it was flavor (well that and refrigeration, and bottling technology..)

anyway it's hardly just a matter of how difficult it is to brew the beer...the beauty of the pilsner is the purity of flavor...most micro brews are stuffed full of hops...just like the dufus in the sam adams commericial suggests (& btw sam adams is a contract brewery...meaning all their beer is actually brewed by the big breweries when they aren't busy) point being that all those hops cover up the subtle malt flavors us real discrening beer lovers enjoy...

but hey keep thinking you guys are real beer snobs...more busch lite fo me.

p.s. shogun wtf was that link to miller stock prices supposed to mean?

thanks,

I was showing that consumers on the warpath do, in fact, make an impact despite Toro's assumption that BW drinkers are zombies who will follow AB like a moth to light regardless of inbev's vampire business practices.

You should keep making the hoegaarden clone so I don't even have to buy another inbev product. That shit was good.

Forum List

Back