Andrea Mitchell says affirmative action does NOT harm whites!!!!!

[
Would one of you proud to be white posters provide examples of how Affirmative Action has hurt whites?

My opinion and several studies says that it hurts Blacks. Because they get "promoted" by AA into more demanding schools and have higher "drop-out" rates. If you WANT and NEED to keep your scholarship, best NOT to over-reach for prestige. It's not even NECESSARY -- because most UnderGrad work is the SOShit at almost every Institution. The time to pull "the race card" would be on entry to Graduate School.

It also hurts Blacks if they don't commit in respectable numbers to the harder -- better PAYING -- degrees. So just GETTING THERE is not the goal. By FAR -- making the MOST of the opportunity should be the PRIMARY focus. We're just not getting the STEM enrollment out of AA applicants that would HELP equalize the playing field. MAYBE medicine, MAYBE law -- but by FAR -- the AA entrants are STILL under represented in the curriculums that offer a fast track to social economic parity. That's because of PREPARATION in HS and the racism of low expectations.

At the same time -- the Black Studies and Black History and Black Arts and Culture wings of these places are getting bigger and more elaborate. Seems like a waste of an AA benefit to me..
Before we get too deeply ensconced into your subtle inference to the populist view of black mental inferiority let's lay that lie to rest and view AA in a broader context, shall we?
Africans have the highest educational attainment rates of any immigrant group in the United States with higher levels of completion than the stereotyped Asian American model minority. It is not only the first generation that does well, as estimates indicate that a highly disproportionate percentage of black students at elite universities are African or the children of African immigrants.

Now these are pure bred Africans who se mental acumen was not hampered by the invidious effects of slavery. I said that because they are outperforming not only their black Brothers here in the United States but also are topping everybody else. So, if African high achievers are able to outperform even the much-touted Asians, affirmative action made that possible. Otherwise, we will still be languishing under the false impression that Africans are incapable of attaining such high standards based on racist rhetoric and inauspicious innuendo.
But the academic success of African immigrants has uncovered something else.Top universities turn out black and Hispanic computer science and computer engineering graduates at twice the rate that leadihnology companies hire them, a USA TODAY analysis shows.

Yes, as incredible as it might seem, the collective brainpower of outstanding African immigrants and their bright AMERICAN COUNTERPARTS is being wasted. Affirmative ACTION was designed to address issues like that...so why has it failed our most qualified citizens?
'
Most of those African immigrants are the crème of the crop of Africa, though.
I don't know if that's true or not but if you want to go there, they're not only the cream of the crop of Africa ,they are the cream of the crop of the academic world if you are going to judge them by a statistical review of their academic achievements as a group being compared to other groups...including Asians.

And don't think these gifted Africans are North Africans.NOOOOOO! The brightest of them all are the Nigerians.
So...if Affirmative ACTION is so damn anti- white male...how come the most educated academic achievers in the world, who happen to be black, are under employed once they become American cutizens?

The average Nigerian immigrant to the U.S had close to 15 years of education on arrival.
Which is very high.

http://iussp2005.princeton.edu/papers/51068

The average years of education completed in the U.S is just over 11 years, and for Nigeria is just over 7 years of education.

factfish Average years of schooling, ages 15 and above, total world statistics and data

So actually the average Nigerian we get to the U.S, is about twice as educated as the average Nigerian, and about 1/4th more educated than the average American.

This proves the educated Nigerians are hyper-concentrated in the U.S.

It's not a matter of Nigerians being more intelligent, but that they're elite is more concentrated in the U.S.

. And you whites got AA for at least 189 years so your opinion on this matter is invalid.

Whites never got AA, you white-hating racist. Those 189 years you refer to were times when people faced the obvious fact that blacks are very mentally inferior,

The average Nigerian immigrant to the U.S had close to 15 years of education on arrival.

There is no way to verify that, you fool. Of course the tarbabies SAY they are highly educated. We need to insist they take a test like the ACT or SAT and see how well they do on that. THINK

[QUOTE="ShootSpeeders, post: 17858657, member: 37134]

Their speech is ok. The problem is they can't read or write. Most blacks who graduate from college are still illiterate!!
Illiterate people don't go to college. .[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA. Did you really say that. ?? Our colleges are full of black athletes that are illiterate. And even many black non-athletes are illiterate. And thanks to affirmative action grading, they will graduate!!!

Our colleges are full of black athletes that are illiterate. And even many black non-athletes are illiterate. And thanks to affirmative action grading, they will graduate!!!
That's not most blacks, you idiot.
Many of the blacks in college these days are African immigrants, and they're the top acsdemic achievers in the nation....including Asians.

there are tasting even the

Would one of you proud to be white posters provide examples of how Affirmative Action has hurt whites?

My opinion and several studies says that it hurts Blacks. Because they get "promoted" by AA into more demanding schools and have higher "drop-out" rates. If you WANT and NEED to keep your scholarship, best NOT to over-reach for prestige. It's not even NECESSARY -- because most UnderGrad work is the SOShit at almost every Institution. The time to pull "the race card" would be on entry to Graduate School.

It also hurts Blacks if they don't commit in respectable numbers to the harder -- better PAYING -- degrees. So just GETTING THERE is not the goal. By FAR -- making the MOST of the opportunity should be the PRIMARY focus. We're just not getting the STEM enrollment out of AA applicants that would HELP equalize the playing field. MAYBE medicine, MAYBE law -- but by FAR -- the AA entrants are STILL under represented in the curriculums that offer a fast track to social economic parity. That's because of PREPARATION in HS and the racism of low expectations.

At the same time -- the Black Studies and Black History and Black Arts and Culture wings of these places are getting bigger and more elaborate. Seems like a waste of an AA benefit to me..
Before we get too deeply ensconced into your subtle inference to the populist view of black mental inferiority let's lay that lie to rest and view AA in a broader context, shall we?
Africans have the highest educational attainment rates of any immigrant group in the United States with higher levels of completion than the stereotyped Asian American model minority. It is not only the first generation that does well, as estimates indicate that a highly disproportionate percentage of black students at elite universities are African or the children of African immigrants.

Now these are pure bred Africans who se mental acumen was not hampered by the invidious effects of slavery. I said that because they are outperforming not only their black Brothers here in the United States but also are topping everybody else. So, if African high achievers are able to outperform even the much-touted Asians, affirmative action made that possible. Otherwise, we will still be languishing under the false impression that Africans are incapable of attaining such high standards based on racist rhetoric and inauspicious innuendo.
But the academic success of African immigrants has uncovered something else.Top universities turn out black and Hispanic computer science and computer engineering graduates at twice the rate that leadihnology companies hire them, a USA TODAY analysis shows.

Yes, as incredible as it might seem, the collective brainpower of outstanding African immigrants and their bright AMERICAN COUNTERPARTS is being wasted. Affirmative ACTION was designed to address issues like that...so why has it failed our most qualified citizens?

You're talking about "pure bred African" immigrants and ACCUSE ME of being the racist???

Your source couldn't even write their opening line correctly. And the article isn't proofed and contains a lot unfortunate grammar and spelling errors. BUT -- I'm not picky.. :badgrin:

These new "immigrant students" most probably on student VISAs are the top 0,1% of their countries. They are NOT the Somali refugees or others coming under "amnesty" or humanitarian reasons. And they are MINISCULE compared with the much larger number of home raised, multi-generational AMERICAN Black kids who DO HAVE all the issues I discussed with getting "over-placed" in the College system.

I'm THRILLED that America offers these foreign students a chance a real higher education. And they SHOULD BE a marker and an inspiration to American kids that aren't doing as well. And a REBUTTAL to the ACTUAL racists who think that there actually IS an "intellectual handicap" for Black Americans.

That's not me. Go find yourself a REAL racist. Like the Amer. school Administrators who continually revise DOWN graduation reqs for OUR kids because they don't believe they will or can SUCCEED without lower standards...

Your opinion is wrong. And several studies you produce are false. And you whites got AA for at least 189 years so your opinion on this matter is invalid. Seems that AA never hurt whites now did it flacaltenn? Do you have any studies to show that? Are than any white Thomas Sowells out there for you to use ?

There was no historical AA program for whites. There WAS discrimination against Blacks for most of those years. That's why AA was invented. But also it was income and ability to pay. Which ALSO got rectified. And I have less issue with THAT -- than I do about enticing kids to the most challenging schools and then LOWERING the expectations for coursework so that they can get "an outcome". Most ALL undergrad work is the SOShit. A State public University with ample scholarships ALREADY AVAILABLE --- is usually the better deal for MOST kids. Save the "plus points" for race and economic status for the graduate studies.

There is no way to verify that, you fool. Of course the tarbabies SAY they are highly educated. We need to insist they take a test like the ACT or SAT and see how well they do on that. THINK

Uh, I clearly posted a source.

I didn't call Blacks intelligent either, but merely pointed out that the Nigerian elite which is a fraction of Nigeria was disproportionately responsible for the high number of years of education completed in Nigerian Americans.

Our colleges are full of black athletes that are illiterate. And even many black non-athletes are illiterate. And thanks to affirmative action grading, they will graduate!!!
Many of the blacks in college these days are African immigrants, and they're the top acsdemic achievers in the nation....including Asians.

Why are African immigrants doing better than African Americans who by all means had a head start here?

Does this not prove that class is inherent?

Oh this is entertaining. The great "enforcer" of racial bias -- barking commands to the hordes of moron racists. Keeping them "in line" with the slogans. Can't allow anyone to independently think or ponder the issue. Might make your job harder -- aint that right?

It's not a matter of Nigerians being more intelligent, but that they're elite is more concentrated in the U.S.
Oh...is that r. I. g h. t? Then that means the bright Asians and people from India are concentrated in the U.S. too. But the Africans top them too in academic achievement.

Why are African immigrants doing better than African Americans who by all means had a head start here?

They are doing better than the whites, the Asians, and every other ethnic group that had a head start here. So what's your problem? You're beginning to sound desperate.

I didn't call Blacks intelligent either, but merely pointed out that the Nigerian elite which is a fraction of Nigeria was disproportionately responsible for the high number of years of education completed in Nigerian Americans.
So what.? ASIANS have been sending their best and brightest too. So where was your proportional argument then?
You just hate Blacks to the extent that you will never accept any positive achievements they make. And you are not alone. Hundreds of racist authors have responded with frivolous rebuttals
and pseudo scientific reasoning to explain away their worst nightmare: the unveiling of superintelligent Africans.
But even in the segregated history of this nation many Black American achievements should have predicted the hidden human talent that would one day rise from the dark continent. The Tuskeegee airmen....Vivian Thomas...
Ben Carson...George Washington Carver..and other. Black contributors to this great nation, in effect, prophesied the present phenomenon.

The larger significance, though, is that Black Africans have elevated themselves beyond the stereotypical view relegating the lot of them to universal mental inferiority. These modern day high achlevers have all but validated the argument that their ancestors or people like them kick started civilization in ancient KMT which fell as did the later Greco-Roman Empire which supplanted them.

You're talking about "pure bred African" immigrants and ACCUSE ME of being the racist???

Your source couldn't even write their opening line correctly. And the article isn't proofed and contains a lot unfortunate grammar and spelling errors. BUT -- I'm not picky.. :badgrin:

These new "immigrant students" most probably on student VISAs are the top 0,1% of their countries. They are NOT the Somali refugees or others coming under "amnesty" or humanitarian reasons. And they are MINISCULE compared with the much larger number of home raised, multi-generational AMERICAN Black kids who DO HAVE all the issues I discussed with getting "over-placed" in the College system.

I'm THRILLED that America offers these foreign students a chance a real higher education. And they SHOULD BE a marker and an inspiration to American kids that aren't doing as well. And a REBUTTAL to the ACTUAL racists who think that there actually IS an "intellectual handicap" for Black Americans.

That's not me. Go find yourself a REAL racist. Like the Amer. school Administrators who continually revise DOWN graduation reqs for OUR kids because they don't believe they will or can SUCCEED without lower standards...
Any errors in the op are mine.i wrote the opening. paragraph and several other parts of the narrative and infused that into major points in the original article.i also linked the sources so the reader could compare my insertions to the original articles. Anyone as prolific as I am is bound to make typos or experience glitches from time to time.
But I stand by what I wrote and I don't think you can disclaim anything I've said. Your advice as to what blacks should do as far as educational attainment seems rather shallow when you consider that black African immigrants, who stand at the pinnacle of academic achievement in this country aren't being hired. We need to wrestle with that phenomenon before we can move on to the plight of what native black Americans have to deal with in regards to educational attainment. If doors of opportunity are shut for Black immigrants... what can be gained for native blacks until those doors are opened?
BTW, I don't recall saying you are racist...I do think you were oblivious to the reality I have presented here. The shock you experienced is still reverberating.

Oh...is that r. I. g h. t? Then that means the bright Asians and people from India are concentrated in the U.S. too. But the Africans top them too in academic achievement.

We also do get a disproportionate amount of Asia's elite, which is particularly true with Asian Indian Americans.

But, this by no means that we're getting the elites between different populations at equal proportions.

Furthermore, you're assuming that because African immigrants have a lot of college degrees, that they're better at academia.

This might not even be true, GPA's, and the type of degrees matter too.

So what.? ASIANS have been sending their best and brightest too. So where was your proportional argument then?
You just hate Blacks to the extent that you will never accept any positive achievements they make. And you are not alone. Hundreds of racist authors have responded with frivolous rebuttals
and pseudo scientific reasoning to explain away their worst nightmare: the unveiling of superintelligent Africans.
But even in the segregated history of this nation many Black American achievements should have predicted the hidden human talent that would one day rise from the dark continent. The Tuskeegee airmen....Vivian Thomas...
Ben Carson...George Washington Carver..and other. Black contributors to this great nation, in effect, prophesied the present phenomenon.

The larger significance, though, is that Black Africans have elevated themselves beyond the stereotypical view relegating the lot of them to universal mental inferiority. These modern day high achlevers have all but validated the argument that their ancestors or people like them kick started civilization in ancient KMT which fell as did the later Greco-Roman Empire which supplanted them.

Because over 1/3rd of Nigeria is illiterate, and Nigeria scores a low IQ of around 70.

As opposed to China, Korea, and Japan which score high IQ's of 105+.

They are doing better than the whites, the Asians, and every other ethnic group that had a head start here. So what's your problem? You're beginning to sound desperate.

The figure has changed in the first place.

In the 2009 study indeed over 43% of African immigrants, and over 42% for Asians held bachelors degrees or higher.

By 2015 it changed to 38% of African immigrants having bachelors degrees, and 54% of Asian Americans having bachelors degrees or higher.

Africans in America: Driving Black Immigrant Growth

More than Half of Asians in U.S. Have a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher

Stupid bimbo says more white kids are in college than ever before and that proves AA has not kept any white kids out of the college of their choice!!!!

Andrea Mitchell: "I don't know if there are cases" of whites hurt by affirmative action

aug 3 2017 Yesterday, we noted the left’s freak-out over the news that the Justice Department will be investigating race-based discrimination in college and university admissions.

The freak-out was on full display on Andrea Mitchell’s MSNBC show yesterday. You knew the fix was in from Mitchell’s choice as guests of two critics of the initiative: the Washington Post‘s Jonathan Capehart, and Janai Nelson of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

The most outrageous moments came when Mitchell said: “I don’t know if there are cases, even” of white students being disadvantaged by minority students taking available slots. Responded Nelson:

“The premise that this is harming white students is wrong on at least two key fronts. There are more white students in college now than ever before. So to suggest that white students are somehow not getting the advantage of higher education is absolutely false.”

Shes right.
As long as there is competition for anything, any policy that favors one side or the other, the side not favored is hurt by the policy.

It's called LOGIC .... whether the harm is sufficient, or if it is justified, isn't the issue. It's merely whether or not white kids are harmed by a policy that favors their competitors. (Same thing happens when a veteran gets preference as a recognition of his/her service)

Your opinion is wrong. And several studies you produce are false. And you whites got AA for at least 189 years so your opinion on this matter is invalid. Seems that AA never hurt whites now did it flacaltenn? Do you have any studies to show that? Are than any white Thomas Sowells out there for you to use ?

There was no historical AA program for whites. There WAS discrimination against Blacks for most of those years. That's why AA was invented. But also it was income and ability to pay. Which ALSO got rectified. And I have less issue with THAT -- than I do about enticing kids to the most challenging schools and then LOWERING the expectations for coursework so that they can get "an outcome". Most ALL undergrad work is the SOShit. A State public University with ample scholarships ALREADY AVAILABLE --- is usually the better deal for MOST kids. Save the "plus points" for race and economic status for the graduate studies.

Come on flacaltenn. Nothing has been rectified when blacks still make less than whites and have 15 times less wealth.

From 1776 until 1965 by overt law whites were provided specific racial preferences. There has been no lowering of expectations. But you are a conservative and you actually believe the race baited crap you get told. Yu talk about out comes, yet you seem to ignore the entire period fro, 1776 through 1965 was to get an out come also. So much of this argument whites fail in because they seem to argue like you. There was no AA program for whites all we did was be granted every opportunity and right by law while others did not get them. AA was created to socially engineer an outcome but all the things that happened for that minimum, amount of 189 years for whites that I ,mention had nothing to do with creating an outcome. Your argument is totally without merit flacaltenn.

Furthermore whites have been the prime beneficiary of AA. Whites have not been hurt by this policy. That's just a lie and you've been race pimped to believe that lie. It is said that 70 percent of the students in college are white. That's a majority, so how can you say you at being discriminated against by race?. Because you don't have 71 percent of all the students? All economic indicators shows that since AA has been implemented whites have made gains.

You have every right to your opinion, but your opinion here is wrong.

Forum List

Back