And Now For The Rest Of The Story...

A recent thread based on a more than 7 month old article from al Jazeera claiming Israel had confiscated privately owned Palestinian land near Bethlehem may be far less - and far less honest - than suggested. When asked to substantiate a claim of ownership, the local Palestinians fell mysteriously silent.
In fact, the land was "adjudicated some two decades ago as non-private property and declared ‘state lands,’ which, according to the original League of Nations decision of July 1922 (article 6, Palestinian Mandate) makes it eligible for "close settlement by Jews on the land, including State lands and waste lands not required for public purposes.”
However the whole affair may be just a political tempest in a teapot. There currently are no plans to build anything there. Evidently al Jazeera found a willing Quisling in Israel's loony left "Peace Now" group.

The Israeli land grab that wasn t - The Washington Post

Sure sounds like something PBel would do. He is so funny.

Sadly, there are about a half-dozen hardcore posters who swallow that al Jazeera camel crap whole. When offered the truth from a credible source they simply cover their eyes and ears.
I can't hear you...LA LA LA LA LA!;)

They're trying to move us towards armed conflict with Iran. I could care less really what happens to Israel or Palestine, but I don't want the U.S dragged into a war because 2 groups of religious zealots on the other side of the planet can't co-exist. And I sure as hell don't want us backing one of those groups unconditionally.

Fine but Israel is not trying to move us toward armed conflict with Iran just as that which she does goes unchallenged (as you also claimed).
You're gonna have to come up with some real reasons for your hatred.
No hatred. I just don't want America getting dragged into religious nuttery.

Nor do I but I don't find it necessary (or convenient) to blame Israel as you do.
Israel has the money, the weapons, the resources... If they really wanted peace and coexistence they'd have it by now. The ball is in their court. But they have their own nutters running things who think they have some kind of holy mandate.

The US has way more of all three yet we can't impose peaceful coexistence on an angry, desperate world. Israel cannot impose peace on those who just don't consider it to be an honorable option and much of the Arab World has abandoned those hapless "refugees" because of their recalcitrance. What the Israelis can do is separate themselves from the Palestinians and that is precisely what the security fence is all about.

Let me get this straight. A bunch of Europeans go to Palestine from Europe, helped by a European colonial power to implement a colonial project. They implement this colonial project and evict maybe half of the people living in the area. Then they surround the rest and not content with controlling every element of their lives, they decide to surround the outdoor enclosures they hold these people in (millions of them) with 10-20 foot walls. Unbelievable that anyone would consider this a formula for long term success of any society.

Fine but Israel is not trying to move us toward armed conflict with Iran just as that which she does goes unchallenged (as you also claimed).

Nor do I but I don't find it necessary (or convenient) to blame Israel as you do.
Israel has the money, the weapons, the resources... If they really wanted peace and coexistence they'd have it by now. The ball is in their court. But they have their own nutters running things who think they have some kind of holy mandate.

The US has way more of all three yet we can't impose peaceful coexistence on an angry, desperate world. Israel cannot impose peace on those who just don't consider it to be an honorable option and much of the Arab World has abandoned those hapless "refugees" because of their recalcitrance. What the Israelis can do is separate themselves from the Palestinians and that is precisely what the security fence is all about.

Let me get this straight. A bunch of Europeans go to Palestine from Europe, helped by a European colonial power to implement a colonial project. They implement this colonial project and evict maybe half of the people living in the area. Then they surround the rest and not content with controlling every element of their lives, they decide to surround the outdoor enclosures they hold these people in (millions of them) with 10-20 foot walls. Unbelievable that anyone would consider this a formula for long term success of any society.

Woo ... not a word of truth in that entire post. I'm impressed.

Man it seems Israel sure has pissed off a lot of people!

The point is nothing Israel does - and much she doesn't even do - goes, as you claimed, unchallenged.
So what did Israel do to piss you off?

They're trying to move us towards armed conflict with Iran. I could care less really what happens to Israel or Palestine, but I don't want the U.S dragged into a war because 2 groups of religious zealots on the other side of the planet can't co-exist. And I sure as hell don't want us backing one of those groups unconditionally.

Israel is not dragging us into anything. They just want to be left alone. After Israel busts Irans bunkers nobody will fuck with them ever again.

If anyone had any doubts that Monti WASN'T a propaganda spewer, just read this.

As completely powerless as the palestinians are, Israel can say whatever it wants about any issue and have it go largely unchallenged.

Of course, those hapless Palestinians have an entire UN agency (UNRWA) at their beck and call, some rabidly anti-Israel international media as well as a few loony lib NGOs eager to lie about Israel, and a second UN agency (UNHRC) which serves as a platform for anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda.
Those poor, poor powerless Arab "refugees."

Yeah. The fact that Israel exists and is a successful prosperous state pisses off a lot of assholes.

As a dedicated Jew hater you can go howl at the moon, who gives?!

Anti Zionism = modern antisemetism.

Please point out any part of the post that is untrue. Come on, give it a try.

As completely powerless as the palestinians are, Israel can say whatever it wants about any issue and have it go largely unchallenged.

Of course, those hapless Palestinians have an entire UN agency (UNRWA) at their beck and call, some rabidly anti-Israel international media as well as a few loony lib NGOs eager to lie about Israel, and a second UN agency (UNHRC) which serves as a platform for anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda.
Those poor, poor powerless Arab "refugees."

Yeah. The fact that Israel exists and is a successful prosperous state pisses off a lot of assholes.

Yup ... a bunch of her not-so-successful neighbors and a lotta whiny, sniveling loony leftists.

And what do I get when I do?

Confirmed, nothing I posted is anything but fact.

The part about the 10-20 foot fences holding them in. False. The fence is holding suicidal virgin seekers out of Israel. Get your story straight.

The part about the 10-20 foot fences holding them in. False. The fence is holding suicidal virgin seekers out of Israel. Get your story straight.

You took the easy one but no worries ... I have 'em all covered.

Confirmed, nothing I posted is anything but fact.

Nope. Since you seem to enjoy the abuse you're gonna hafta make it worth my while to bitch slap you again.

So, can the Christians and Muslims traverse the "fence" or are they penned in? And, what a fence!

220px-Israel-Palestinian_Wall_Ich_Bin_Eine_Berliner.jpg

So, can the Christians and Muslims traverse the "fence" or are they penned in? And, what a fence!

Traverse the fence? Whatever for? They would be in Israel if they traversed the fence and they have no bidness there. They can always traverse West if they need to roam.

Not penned in ... fenced out (and what a fence)!
upload_2015-4-14_22-7-23.jpeg

images

images

Let me get this straight. A bunch of European Jews go to Palestine aka Israel from Europe to join their brethren in the land of their ancient ancestors, and their spiritual, religious, and cultural holy land for 3500 years. The British, who conquered the region after 800 years of Ottoman colonial rule, gave all the land back to Arabs most of which became the Islamic terrorist shitholes we see today, except for less than 1% of the land, which was designated as a Jewish state in Jewish holy land. Arabs start attacking and killing Jews in the holy because Islam is a barbaric intolerant religion that cannot coexist. The Jews, having just experienced the Nazi holocaust, realized that the Arabs have a leader who want to do what the Nazis did.

Hitler s Mufti Catholic Answers

They form militias to defend themselves against the Arab savages. A civil war erupts and the Jews manage to reestablish a state. Five Arab nations unite to destroy the newly Jewish state, not to create a Palestine, but to annihilate the Jews, because they are intolerant barbaric savages. Arabs loose again. Arabs keep attacking until in 1967 jews manage to conquer land that was supposed to be their's in the first place.

Arabs invent this hoax called the Palestinian people, and whine about the plight of refugees that were caused as a result of their barbarism and aggression.

THERE, I CORRECTED IT FOR YOU.

Not penned in ... fenced out (and what a fence)!
View attachment 39754

images

images
That is one purty fence!

Forum List

Back