An Obama dollar

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
My son got this today in his change from a purchase at a local store...

obamadollar.jpg

My first thought was, 'I HAVE to post this!"

:rofl:

obamadollar.jpg

Nice. Maybe I'll write on a few of mine before I spend them. I am afraid that if Obama manages to take the next election, we'll have his likeness on all our money. Of course, so few will have any money that we won't have to look at his face.

Defacing US Currency is a Crime. Under the Jurisdiction of the Secret Service. Best Be careful lest the Jackboot Thugs knock on your door.

Lucky thing I did not deface US currency then, huh.

In any case, you're not entirely correct...

18 U.S.C. § 333 : US Code - Section 333: Mutilation of national bank obligations
Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued
, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Of course, the GOP and the financiers that support them had nothing at all to do with 2008? One might also note that Obama was sworn in as President in 2009.

Nice. Too bad the author couldn't put their claims in context. For example, the $1.80 per gal of gas -- I guess there wasn't room enough to write that a couple of months before that drop in the price of gas, a gal cost $4.00 per gal, and that the reason for the drop in gas prices was due to the recession -- you know, the recession that happened during Bush's presidency. But hey, don't let those facts get in the way of a good lie :thup:

obamadollar.jpg

Nice. Maybe I'll write on a few of mine before I spend them. I am afraid that if Obama manages to take the next election, we'll have his likeness on all our money. Of course, so few will have any money that we won't have to look at his face.
Currency that has been written on, marked, burned, or otherwise defaced is pulled from circulation by the banks. Defacing money by writing all over it does little to spread the message but just adds to the cost of replacing it.

Umm house values are now more in line with the rest of the economy.
The housing bubble is a big part of why we are where we are now and some idiots want to go back to what caused it??

Dumpasses.

Defacing US Currency is a Crime. Under the Jurisdiction of the Secret Service. Best Be careful lest the Jackboot Thugs knock on your door.

18 U.S.C. § 333 : US Code - Section 333: Mutilation of national bank obligations
, shall be fined
I am sure I good Lawyer would argue any Writing on a Bill Renders it Unfit for Re Issue. Considering the Fed Often does Take old and Defaced, Ripped Etc Bills from Banks and give them new ones. The Argument would be that if even one Bill wrote on is Traded in for a New Bill by a bank. That costs the Government money to replace said bill, therefore the Person doing it Violated the Law. IMO

Of course on an individual Basis it would be silly to Prosecute anyone, but I can see where if Millions of People wrote on Bills, and the Fed had a Policy to Destroy said Bills and Replace, It could be significant Cost to the Tax Payer.

:)

, shall be fined
I am sure I good Lawyer would argue any Writing on a Bill Renders it Unfit for Re Issue. Considering the Fed Often does Take old and Defaced, Ripped Etc Bills from Banks and give them new ones. The Argument would be that if even one Bill wrote on is Traded in for a New Bill by a bank. That costs the Government money to replace said bill, therefore the Person doing it Violated the Law. IMO

Of course on an individual Basis it would be silly to Prosecute anyone, but I can see where if Millions of People wrote on Bills, and the Fed had a Policy to Destroy said Bills and Replace, It could be significant Cost to the Tax Payer.

:)

He'd lose. If the bill is physically able to be used, it is fit for re-issue. Now, if it was filled with expletives, he might have a point.

Forum List

Back