Dollar General store staff all quit at the same time leaving sign saying 'overworked and underpaid'

Employees aren't forced to take roles .. the volunteer to take the roles ..

Nice try though

What I find interesting is how different you Republicans are from the 2000's when you said anyone not making enough was responsible for the position they are in. Now that Biden is president, suddenly you want him to solve the problem.

We told you the gap between us was widening and we weren't making enough. Your advice was become one of them. A maker not a taker. Today you say you want wages to rise for uneducated blue collar workers because that's Trump's base. Them and RINO's. Together perhaps you can win again. Because it seems like even Republicans who hate Trump and know he's a criminal are still going to vote for him if it's him or Joe.

I tell you, blacks, women, arabs, you better fucking show up or you get what you deserve. You gonna vote along with the Nazi's?

This is why Jewish Americans vote Democratic. They can't vote for the Nazi party. Can you?

And on every criteria that you said made Trump a great president, Biden is even better. Has better numbers than Trump. So you want to Keep America Great? KAG? Vote Biden

Not out here in the stix.

Up north MI where we hunt, very remote, there are little dollar stores, dollar generals, in places with very very very little traffic. You go there because otherwise you have to drive 20 minutes into town.

I bet the franchise fee is next to nothing to own a dollar store.

Just think of how cheap stuff could be if they didn’t have to pay the help at all!
If they didn't pay the help at all, no one would show up for work. The overwhelming majority of workers are showing up for the wages they pay. Because there is one every couple blocks, many of them are likely like my neighbor, working a job they can walk to.

A few workers dont' think the boss treats them well? How is that a news story?

You can do that with everything. If Trump gave everyone a tax break, that certainly would cause inflation then. Putting more money in everyone's pockets.
I don't know that that is true. I've never heard of prices going up in response to a tax cut. Any examples?

Remember a tax cut does not "put more money in everyone's pocket." A tax cut allows whoever gets it to keep the money that they earned.

In 2022, only 1.02 million hourly workers —1.3% of all hourly workers — earned at or below the federal minimum wage. That's the lowest number since data collection began in 1979.

I doubt 1.3% of workers will raise inflation that much.

How about how much CEO's pay themselves? Does that cause inflation? Is that why you never complain about maximum wage?
I don't complain about any wage if it is voluntary.

What I find interesting is how different you Republicans are from the 2000's when you said anyone not making enough was responsible for the position they are in. Now that Biden is president, suddenly you want him to solve the problem.
I just want him to vacate the White House in ten months and let Trump improve the economy as he did before.

Luckily, the Dems are almost insisting that this happen.

If they didn't pay the help at all, no one would show up for work. The overwhelming majority of workers are showing up for the wages they pay. Because there is one every couple blocks, many of them are likely like my neighbor, working a job they can walk to.

A few workers dont' think the boss treats them well? How is that a news story?

I don't know that that is true. I've never heard of prices going up in response to a tax cut. Any examples?

Remember a tax cut does not "put more money in everyone's pocket." A tax cut allows whoever gets it to keep the money that they earned.

I don't complain about any wage if it is voluntary.
A tax cut still puts more money in your pocket no matter how you want to spin it.

And yes, giving everyone more money will make prices go up. Naturally. I'll give you a great example. Trump sent everyone a stimulus check. As soon as he did and everyone was stuck at home, weed prices skyrocketed.

Is it debatable what causes inflation? Because if it's not, then we would all agree with Chris Christie and Ron D when they said

Trump “should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record, where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have now,” DeSantis said.

A tax cut still puts more money in your pocket no matter how you want to spin it.
It leaves money in your pocket. That's the fact, not spin.
And yes, giving everyone more money will make prices go up. Naturally. I'll give you a great example. Trump sent everyone a stimulus check. As soon as he did and everyone was stuck at home, weed prices skyrocketed.

Is it debatable what causes inflation? Because if it's not, then we would all agree with Chris Christie and Ron D when they said

Trump “should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record, where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt that set the stage for the inflation that we have now,” DeSantis said.
I get that this sudden infatuation with DeSantis and Haley is what Democrat Central is telling you to say, but it isn't making you look too smart.

It leaves money in your pocket. That's the fact, not spin.

I get that this sudden infatuation with DeSantis and Haley is what Democrat Central is telling you to say, but it isn't making you look too smart.
I think it's great to quote Republicans. You don't let me quote Huffpo so fuck you. DeSantis isn't enough for you? Who has to tell you Trump himself?

"I think Bill Clinton was a great president,’" Trump said in the interview that was conducted shortly after the 2008 presidential election on NY1's "Inside City Hall" program.

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.

Trump in 2008: It’d be ‘wonderful’ if Pelosi impeached Bush over Iraq​

We told you the gap between us was widening and we weren't making enough. Your advice was become one of them. A maker not a taker. Today you say you want wages to rise for uneducated blue collar workers because that's Trump's base. Them and RINO's. Together perhaps you can win again. Because it seems like even Republicans who hate Trump and know he's a criminal are still going to vote for him if it's him or Joe.

I tell you, blacks, women, arabs, you better fucking show up or you get what you deserve. You gonna vote along with the Nazi's?

This is why Jewish Americans vote Democratic. They can't vote for the Nazi party. Can you?

And on every criteria that you said made Trump a great president, Biden is even better. Has better numbers than Trump. So you want to Keep America Great? KAG? Vote Biden
Now that your diatribe is over .. I'll restate the reality I've always accepted -- you get paid based on the skills you possess, the market availability of the job your applying for and the value you can bring to an organization.... unless, of course, you're hired under the Biden DEI policies which has notably brought in unqualified candidates at very high wages.

Now that your diatribe is over .. I'll restate the reality I've always accepted -- you get paid based on the skills you possess, the market availability of the job your applying for and the value you can bring to an organization.... unless, of course, you're hired under the Biden DEI policies which has notably brought in unqualified candidates at very high wages.
Okay but then don't complain when in 10 years you make the same as you make now only inflation has doubled.

And the CEO's pay went up 100% because he decided to give himself all the raises.

Don't complain.

You get paid what the company thinks it can get away with paying you. They will even rather risk losing good employee to keep wages low. That's why you usually have to quit and go get another job in order to get a raise. Why would a new company pay you but your current employer won't?

I was able to be self employed for thirty seven years, should I talk shit and tell you that you failed because you are a rightist? You tribalistic people suck dirty ass
Dude, this is the internet.
You can claim anything and not have to document or prove such.
You've just proved that an imaginative liar can claim they are anything, even when they aren't.

Put bluntly, I learned long ago to not believe most of what you claim. Especially about your self or accomplishments. Peddle your fables somewhere else.

I was able to be self employed for thirty seven years, should I talk shit and tell you that you failed because you are a rightist? You tribalistic people suck dirty ass
"Tribalistic people" fall on both sides of the political divide. Appears you fall on the Leftist side.

My experience is you have always "talk shit" on this forum, so excuse if I don't believe you and your post.

A reminder:
iu

If only it worked that way

Pay is set based on how little they can force you to accept
Bullshit!

Pay is based on what it would cost to replace you.

Not only in wage, but also in training costs and other benefits.

Ramp up of "Arsenal of Democracy", 1939-1941 is an example where wages and benefits* increased in order to draw and retain qualified workers into industry. * When wage freeze went into effect, then things like health insurance/benefit care became more common as way to entice and retain workers.

Forum List

Back