An alternate view of Aunt Jemima

Was the dialogue in the print ad word for word what Nancy Green said or something an Ad Executive came up with for how white consumers want black people to speak?

Hey, shit isnt perfect if you want to go back to 1920... but again. watch the video attached to this and listen to members of Green's family. They wanted to celebrate the fact it WAS her pancake recipe. They claim its not derogatory... but leave it to kind liberals like yourself to think for them.
Like I said. Liberals are all about cancelling out individualism if theres the fear of offending one person.

Let's not forget Hattie McDaniel (June 10, 1895 – October 26, 1952), who was an American actress, singer-songwriter, and comedienne. For her role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind (1939), she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first African American to win an Oscar.

And now her legacy is gone with the wind, cancelled by the woke libs, never to be seen on HBO Max again.

Hattie McDaniel is a good example
I have seen interviews with her when she won her Academy Award. She was soft spoken, gracious and eloquent.
But the only roles she was offered were Mammy type roles.
She was capable of much more

All white audiences wanted to see was Mammy

No. The Irish didn't go through the same chattel slavery that Nancy Green, her husband or her children (whom she lost before the end of civil war) went through. Stop trying to make your people bigger victims than they actually were you little wannabe victim bitch.

The Irish are the n-words of Europe, so they did go through plenty of shit.

They just don't whine about it like you do.

So what's wrong with discussing those offensive things? Why does your soft white culture want to do fantasy and cosplay instead?

Exactly. which is why Aunt Jemmimas image should have been left on the package. It brought up discussion. It also brought light to who was Nancy Green... but dont worry... in years to come it will all be forgotten.

Hey, shit isnt perfect if you want to go back to 1920... but again. watch the video attached to this and listen to members of Green's family. They wanted to celebrate the fact it WAS her pancake recipe. They claim its not derogatory... but leave it to kind liberals like yourself to think for them.
Like I said. Liberals are all about cancelling out individualism if theres the fear of offending one person.

It's the same thing with the Native American group suing to get the Redskins to give up on cancelling their historic chief.

Do you have an alternative view that does not involve whites freeing the slaves?

Of course not

You are just in denial
My view is that Black slaves fought at times with violence, with subversion and with words for their own freedom and liberty and ultimately ended up cuckolding your racist country in such a way that it's impact will reverberate for generations.

It's the same thing with the Native American group suing to get the Redskins to give up on cancelling their historic chief.

Exactly. Its always a do good outsider.. who comes into a community and fails to dig deep enough into the history. Actually talk to people attached to the images.

She was given a character to play and lines to speak
White consumers would accept nothing else

We are discussing, you are the one with sand in your vagina over it.
All I see is a lot of complaining that black people weren't as happy with the company line as you cuckolded whites are. Decades of waiting to be trickled on will do that to you.
The Irish are the n-words of Europe, so they did go through plenty of shit.

They just don't whine about it like you do.
Plenty of shit is the same as chattel slavery? This is the level of discussion you wanted to have and you wanted to have it without being pointed and laughed at? :dunno:

(JESUS!)

oh wow. Your really a work of art mister.
Funny how the Family of MRS Green claimed that pancake recipe was her own...and tried in vain to preserve that memory. As you can see here.. they even put a plaque on her grave depicting a stack of pancakes. OHHH how racist and demeaning by her own family!!

you idiots.

Why is it that a face of a black lady on a package of pancake mix = subserviernce to you wound up people?
Her own family wanted the symbol to remain and wanted it celebrated. Liberals are always against individual expression though if it gets in the way of their herd mentality.

The sudden news in the midst of this country’s "racial reckoning" shocked both families.

MORE: Aunt Jemima brand retired by Quaker due to racial stereotype

“I was, I was taken aback. I was really shocked. I knew people didn't realize that those were real people and, you know, to phase them out, would kind of erase their history,” Harris said.

Hayes worries about Green’s legacy when the brand goes away.

‘She's just not a character ... I really want her legacy to be told. That this is a real person. And this was her recipe. And she fed the world from her flapjacks,” he said.
You're kinda stupid aren't you.

Her family was interested in one thing.

1713280996075.png

the same as the company.
When they took down her picture they cut off their royalties.

Exactly. which is why Aunt Jemmimas image should have been left on the package. It brought up discussion. It also brought light to who was Nancy Green... but dont worry... in years to come it will all be forgotten.
It was the corporation who decided that after they called aunt Jemima a character they created all to avoid legal questions about compensation.

Lol, when I was a very young man the package showed her sitting on her legs with her knees showing. There was a way to fold the package so it looked like she was showing her naked tits. One time I was showing a friend this. I think I was in first grade. Mom caught me.she was not happy. She asked me how I learned such a thing. Lol. I did not rat my dad out. Got a good whooping from her and one get out of jail free card from dad.

No, I as looking right at you, racist.
Nope, I'm not white. According to people like you I can't be racist because I don't hold the power. Make up your minds.

Those images reinforced the racist stereotypes you live by.

The people who benefitted from those images, both the actors and the companies used racism for profit.
As a racist, this is something I'm sure you support.

The quaker oats guy?
No actor, no real person, could just as well be

So why don't you astart a thread complaining about Black Mermaids and Black elves.
You'd be right at home.

Who removed all the minorities off of packaging and let the white people stay on? Was it the left or the right?

All I see is a lot of complaining that black people weren't as happy with the company line as you cuckolded whites are. Decades of waiting to be trickled on will do that to you.

Plenty of shit is the same as chattel slavery? This is the level of discussion you wanted to have and you wanted to have it without being pointed and laughed at? :dunno:

You are the ones with sand in your vajayjay over this. Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, and the Land O Lakes Indian girl were just fine. But Soi boi males like you and AWFL's just can't stand it.

Maybe not the same, but in the same ballpark. hell Europeans at the time slavery was peak were just a century or two out of serfdom of their own people, and in Eastern Europe it continued until the late 1800's.

Nope, I'm not white. According to people like you I can't be racist because I don't hold the power. Make up your minds.

Who removed all the minorities off of packaging and let the white people stay on? Was it the left or the right?

thats what we need! yes!! more white faces on everything .

My view is that Black slaves fought at times with violence, with subversion and with words for their own freedom and liberty and ultimately ended up cuckolding your racist country in such a way that it's impact will reverberate for generations.
I don’t think it’s racist to say that it was white people who ended slavery.

That’s like saying it’s sexist to say men granted women the right to vote.

Slavery and the denial of woman’s suffrage never should have happened, but the fact remains that, by definition, it was the ruling authorities that eventually ended them.

Black people didn’t emancipate themselves and there were no women in congress when they were granted the vote.

The corporation after a black family came looking for their cut of the profits.

I don’t think it’s racist to say that it was white people who ended slavery.

That’s like saying it’s sexist to say men granted women the right to vote.

Slavery and the denial of woman’s suffrage never should have happened, but the fact remains that, by definition, it was the ruling authorities that eventually ended them.
Which is to say whites stopped depriving black people of their natural born liberty and stopped subjugating women as second class citizens. I always liken this argument to some fail husband walking into a bar a cheerfully announcing he's decided to stop beating his wife while waiting for applause.

Forum List

Back